• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
I'm pretty sure footstools don't spike if the victim is in mid move. It just gives the person a jump.

DiamondbodySharpshooter

Smash Journeyman
Ha, now this is one of those videos that would go well with that idea of not labeling PM videos. Uninformed people would be more interested in watching Ganondorf beat up MK if they didn't know that it was hacked.

Also, holy **** that match was great. The best (or first?) use of footstooling that I've seen in PM, and the last kill was amazing.
I sent it to someone (no bias against Project: M, but no real understanding of what it was) and he was focused on the fact that G-dorf was so agile without being amazingly fast.

Despite not playing with as much skill as that, I will definitely do my part and upload some videos.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Falco gets ***** pretty hard already off stage even without the footstools. I don't think it would make much of a difference.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Neko, your footstools don't count unless they are from Manchu. Start practicing in your room.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
That MK vs. Ganon match is sick lol

from what I've played MK kinda feels like crap. But that might be because I was a MK main in bawlr and the change is throwing me off...

Also (probably a noob question), is it possible to have Dreamland 64 and Fountain of Dreams at the same time? They both take up green greens =(

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
.rel porting. That is all.

Also, from what I can tell in Cuba's vids, FoD is over Mario Bros.

Rikana

Smash Champion
I'm assuming so since they will both be included in the demo. And the streams show both stages working.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Meta Knight from what I can see is an entirely different beast in P:M. You'll need to play smart with him to get anywhere, and attempting Brawl shenanigans might not do him justice. Ironically it's exactly the kind of character M2K would play in Melee. Gimps well, likely grab heavy, nimble.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Just watched that too. Wow Zelgadis is picking it up again. He's getting better and better. Cuba's Bowser is pretty sick too. Awesome videos. I'm looking forward to Sneak's videos tonight. Keep up the hype.

Edit: lol Bowser moonwalk.

Ulevo

Smash Master

I revamped FrozenHobo and GameWatching's Metal Cavern stage to give it a Brawl feel and take away the low quality 2D background. After a few touch ups I'll throw up the download link for anyone who wants it.
Stage is finished for those of you who are interested. Goes over Final Destination, use .rel files for stages you don't want to put it over.

Here you go: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=15835

I also finished a new CSS you guys might be interested, if you want to check that out: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=15841

Krautrock

Smash Apprentice
I had a chance to play this recently and I just wanted to say that I found Squirtle:M to be perhaps the most enjoyable character in any smash game. I recognize that he is far from finished, but I really like the direction you guys are taking him in.

I hope you decide to keep the individual pokemon because I am considering maining him but have little interest in Ivysaur or Charizard.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
That MK vs. Ganon match is sick lol

from what I've played MK kinda feels like crap. But that might be because I was a MK main in bawlr and the change is throwing me off...

Also (probably a noob question), is it possible to have Dreamland 64 and Fountain of Dreams at the same time? They both take up green greens =(
Fountain of Dreams is over Mario Bros.
Dreamland 64 is over Green Greens.

[05:28pm] <Dantarion> 806A1014 = CURSOR SPEED OF HAND IN MENU
[05:28pm] <Dantarion> GET HYPE

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Dreamland 64 is over Green Greens.

[05:28pm] <Dantarion> 806A1014 = CURSOR SPEED OF HAND IN MENU
[05:28pm] <Dantarion> GET HYPE
Speaking of which, is there any way to make a code thats boots the game up at the CSS?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I just want a code that boots directly to the main menu, bypassing loading the opening....
This this this please! It's always so unnecessary to waste time loading something that almost nobody is going to watch the second and later time around.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Hey Ulevo, I think you accidentally listed your CSS code as "SSS". I was checking the file because the description for it sounded quite nice, but I'm just being cautious about this and making sure it is actually a CSS code.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
I had a chance to play this recently and I just wanted to say that I found Squirtle:M to be perhaps the most enjoyable character in any smash game. I recognize that he is far from finished, but I really like the direction you guys are taking him in.

I hope you decide to keep the individual pokemon because I am considering maining him but have little interest in Ivysaur or Charizard.
This really made me smile. :)

Rest assured that individual pokemon will stay!

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Warioware has been fixed for like months my dude. It's frozen (no minigames) and has decent boundaries.
You could've just balanced the rewards for micro-games and removed the rain one, rather than stripping the stage of all of it's depth and uniqueness, you know. :glare:

NUUUUUUUU

Mario Bros. is like... my favourite stage :urg:

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Question that I have been thinking of: Will custom stages be available in Project M?

DiamondbodySharpshooter

Smash Journeyman
You could've just balanced the rewards for micro-games and removed the rain one, rather than stripping the stage of all of it's depth and uniqueness, you know. :glare:
I agree on this one. However, what with stage rels JUST having been cracked, I can see this not coming too soon. Frozen will be cool for now, but if things can be rebalanced, that'd be pretty neat. Like slightly better heals, no invincibility, getting rid of growth animations, whatnot.

Question that I have been thinking of: Will custom stages be available in Project M?
This will probably be depending on whether the codeset text file is released. Unless you guys plan to include it from the get-go. Which would be pretty cool.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I also finished a new CSS you guys might be interested, if you want to check that out: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=15841
Would totally consider something like this if it weren't for the fact you can't turn a player off without unplugging your controller.

On the subject of stages:
In the demo, only 16 stages will be available. In the full game, if it's possible, we'll include all vBrawl stages as well as the Project M stages and some casual-only remakes of stages such as Fourside and such.
Impossible. Sorry. The stage makes a for a good Counterpick when frozen, though.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
On the subject of stages:
In the demo, only 16 stages will be available. In the full game, if it's possible, we'll include all vBrawl stages as well as the Project M stages and some casual-only remakes of stages such as Fourside and such.
Could I request Mushroom Kingdom II? It was my favourite stage in Melee :3

Impossible. Sorry. The stage makes a for a good Counterpick when frozen, though.
That's a shame. :c

Ulevo

Smash Master
Hey.

Would totally consider something like this if it weren't for the fact you can't turn a player off without unplugging your controller.
Just so you know, you can turn a player off without unplugging it. You just need to have that player's cursor scroll to the top of the CSS. Then you can turn the player off. It's really a very small inconvenience for such a nice addition.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Oh really? I wasn't aware of that...

And now I know. That helps out quite a bit, heh heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom