• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jalued

Smash Lord
Naw, I'm pretty sure Fox is a direct port from Melee. He's fully intended to remain top tier.
the only difference being that some lower tiers that are buffed may turn out to counter fox, or at least put him in his place. It will be very interesting to see what the tier list is like in a few years

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Precisely. While the balance phase clearly isn't in place yet, I'm willing to believe that the team aims to eliminate hard counters (generally fixed by buffing characters save a few dumb lockdowns in specific MUs) but keep overall counters in place (which would be extremely difficult to remove in the first place).

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Precisely. While the balance phase clearly isn't in place yet, I'm willing to believe that the team aims to eliminate hard counters (generally fixed by buffing characters save a few dumb lockdowns in specific MUs) but keep overall counters in place (which would be extremely difficult to remove in the first place).
True. I only believe some ppl fear that once everyone is buffed the Top tiers may need small tweaks as well. Otherwise they could end up auto-lower tier as a result of being untouched. Although what I see there are some small changes already. Not to mention someone with 1frame attacks couldnt possibly ever be bad. People like Puff/Fox/Falco(current top tiers) will still be fully capable of ****** everyone. Marth/Sheik...they are seemingly gonna be odd balls imo. Still good...but not buffed. Not sure how thing will be for them once balancing is done if they are never buffed. Since they aren't top tiers anymore they no longer fall under that category of ppl who are too good. HOWEVER they are both really goddamn good characters....so...idk.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
I wouldn't worry about about the top 5 at all really. They have been fighting for good placement and have been swapping in and out of the top for some time now. And the most recent tier list even has sheik joining the top tiers. I would more worry about those close to them like Falcon and Peach, who have never quite reached top for various reasons. While I think Falcon might be able to meet them with his slight recovery buffs, I'm not sure if aerial glide tossing will be enough to help Peach out in reaching the top. Then again, I don't play peach in melee so I can't be a good opinion on that.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I wouldn't worry about about the top 5 at all really. They have been fighting for good placement and have been swapping in and out of the top for some time now. And the most recent tier list even has sheik joining the top tiers. I would more worry about those close to them like Falcon and Peach, who have never quite reached top for various reasons. While I think Falcon might be able to meet them with his slight recovery buffs, I'm not sure if aerial glide tossing will be enough to help Peach out in reaching the top. Then again, I don't play peach in melee so I can't be a good opinion on that.
Melee Falcon is Rated even with Melee Marth So Assuming he's better in PM Falcon>Marth in PM for example.

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
Im curious.
I know balance isn't a goal and wont be one for quite sometime, but in this demo will there be a concern for balance?

But besides that. What can we expect after this demo? A final release a long while after? A Second demo with more characters?

And Im wondering how often updates will come when the final version is out. I'd guess something like Blizzard's SCII updates-once every handfull of months? If I remember, one goal was to avoid giving constant updates like Brawl+.

iLink

Smash Champion
Just a few questions about the demo

Are you going to use a similar installer as the one used for brawl+?

Well there be a riivolution option or just gecko?

Is it just going to be the files needed or will there also be an option for extras such as textures and such?

JetAurion

Smash Journeyman
I have a small concern:

almost all of this seems to be aimed towards GC controllers.

Can Wiimote/Nunchuck be used, too?

And really, not everyone wants top play with the GC controller. I personally like the unrestricted feel of the Wiimote.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I can't fully answer that, but I will say that you can't make use of light presses which only matters for dodging, shielding, and L-canceling (which isn't a problem since the Z button on the nunchuck doesn't shift down like the GCN controller's L/R buttons).

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I do believe edge grab range was modified (reduced in particular). Whether or not they got the values for Melee's ranges (and I'm absolutely sure Melee's debug mode can display those ranges) is what I'm not entirely sure of.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
EVERYONE STOP

[06:09pm] <Dantarion> GUYS
[06:09pm] <Dantarion> GUYS
[06:09pm] <Dantarion> im gonna turn on my wii

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
So i'd like to double post something brought to my attention (I appreciate the tips):

A specific user (who is now banned from swf) reached out to a lot of members in this thread spamming out leaks to them in a private message. I would like to inform people that the build they sent out is *extremely* outdated and even the december build (which was not sent out) is very outdated as well. I ask you to please refrain from even trying out that build as our demo will be publicly available end of the month or within the first week of Feb.

Thanks.
I hope the demo gets released before january 28th and 29th so I can take it one to tourney that will be held here.

shanus

Smash Hero
unless somebody else from the PMBR answers these, I'll post answers in the AM

DiamondbodySharpshooter

Smash Journeyman
I have a small concern:

almost all of this seems to be aimed towards GC controllers.

Can Wiimote/Nunchuck be used, too?

And really, not everyone wants top play with the GC controller. I personally like the unrestricted feel of the Wiimote.
Seconded. Though we Wiimote/Nunchuck players are of the minority, it is also we who can always pause the game!

As for the issue on updating, seeing as how the fine developers of Project: M are of a professional breed, they will do what any official company would do: release a game with minimal detrimental glitches, and only release important updates, like serious glitch-fixing, or hats.

I also imagine Shanus averting the Brawl+ issue by closing everything for like 6 months and staring into complainer's souls with a "PLAY THE GAME GRAAAHG" when people feel Ness isn't strong enough. We must let it age like a fine wine, give it the chance we gave Brawl and Melee after all.

Boles

Smash Rookie
All I wish is good luck .
Ive seen the stuff on this that some posted on youtube.

Great stuff

Boles

Smash Rookie
I got a few question is this going to be online compatible and will their be a Rom for the pc

Boles

Smash Rookie
Hey I was looking at the first page about the demo .Is their a link i can go to get it

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I got a few question is this going to be online compatible and will their be a Rom for the pc
Yes, this will be able to be used online. You will only get desyncs if both players do NOT have the same files. There will never be a ROM for the PC.

Hey I was looking at the first page about the demo .Is their a link i can go to get it
No, there is no link to the demo due to it not being released yet. The Project M Demo will be released in 2-3 weeks.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
What is this, I don't even?
He may be talking about the button pressing freedom you have with the wiimote+nunchaku.

C - Jump
Z - Shield+L-Canceling
B - Special
A - Attack

With a setup like this, you can easily have each action assigned to one finger. Anyone who's ever used an arcade stick will tell you how much easier it is to do advanced techniques in fighting games when you have that freedom.

I'll probably go with the default setup for the wiimote+nunchaku setup, it'll just be a pain to adjust to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom