• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
I've been trying to learn mewtwo and I can definitely say his two biggest problems are range and fall speed. I can only play computers but just about all of mewtwo's tilts and smashes can get outranged by basic jabs, which computers use a lot of.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
@hotdogturtle
If that wasn't so situational, I wouldn't mind it being so jagged...but what, that's 1 time ultra jaggedness helped compared 32,104 times it missed because of it. Not enough to forgive it.

Edit: @curry
His range isn't too bad considering his safety and fall speed is compensated by the fact our up b is the hardest thing to punish since CT Nu.

Utilt: If you're using this outside of basic anti air, ur doing it wrong.

Ftilt: Yes this move needs more range. Also it having a sour spot the size of Mexico doesn't help either. Treat it somewhat as a GTFO move when you learn to get it perfectly.

Dtilt: Could use a bit more range, but as is, if you're getting outranged by jabs, even in melee, you need to space it better.

Usmash: It is terribad. Don't use it for anything other than punishing high recoveries and even then there are better options. (Make it more like Zelda's brawl one and I'll be happy.)

Fsmash: Not good, but not bad. Still would rarely use it atm though. (Either increase it's range or power and it's good.)

Dsmash: Good edge guard and pretty fast. Wish it had a lower angle though to make it more rewarding to land but it's pretty good on knockback, range, and speed.

IYM!

Smash Lord
the shadow ball of mewtwo have an strange horizontal trayectory, it is usefull some times, but some other times, isnt a real help

i am agree with Demon-oni, mewtwo need some buffed moves, his smashes are good, but no good enough to compencate his weakness, his grab game are good, but matve can fix his F-Throw

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
Lol Mewtwo's bair looks silly.

Sexy ending. Taj is ridiculous. Has anyone told him there may be a possibility to add Mewtwo?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Are you guys gonna touch YI: Brawl or Smashville whatsoever?
Smashville, I don't think so, but I believe someone suggested making the ghosts with the platforms on their heads rise at certain intervals rather than randomly.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
One last try:

I've been wondering about landing detection, stale moves, tethers, etc. Are you going to delay the final release of the game until they can be fixed?

If you do release it, then subsequently are able to change it, will you?

How long after launch, maximum, would you be willing to alter the game?

Also, will there be a random character select in the demo?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Sadly, no lightshielding. However, you don't have to press the button all the way to trigger whatever action you have for your L/R buttons (the default being dodging and L-canceling which is pretty nice to have).

Sterowent

Smash Ace
i'd really like to see mewtwo with the reflect that doesn't hit. for this, they could pretty much buff it pretty hard and simply imply mewtwo has extraordinary resilience to projectiles.

i mean, every reflecting ability has drawbacks when it comes to the moment of reflection, generally in the form of extra hitlag or at least another animation that the player can't escape from. why not give mewtwo basically no lag after a successful reflect but without the benefit of hitting his opponent? he could just negate their existence and be done with it (you know he could do this **** if he wanted, fellas). hell, maybe make a short hitbox to the move when it works. or somethin.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Bah, I should've figured as much, heh.

I'm no pro, but I absolutely can't wait to try out Link and see how he feels. I've been constantly tweaking my B+ Link to make him feel a lot better as a lowly substitute before the P:M demo comes out. I feel that the startup and lag frame decrease on moves in addition to his improved projectile game will help him significantly. The only other thing that I'd die for Link to have is his 64 FSmash, but that's just a wish really.
I didnt liked the 28/12 link, dont know, doesnt feele it like melee.

On a side note, is dacus gonna be removed (maybe my gameconfig.txt is screwed up, but in the 28/12 P:M Snake could do Dacus :S )

Rikana

Smash Champion
Felipe, are you even in the pmbr? If not, you should stop talking about your leak build.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
All characters that could DACUS in Brawl can still DACUS. It's just that it's become harder and less potent due to lack of buffer and increased friction. V:

@Felipe: Yeah you're not posting the leak, but you pretty much verified that you do in fact have a leak. So GJ turning yourself in. :V

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
I didnt liked the 28/12 link, dont know, doesnt feele it like melee.

On a side note, is dacus gonna be removed (maybe my gameconfig.txt is screwed up, but in the 28/12 P:M Snake could do Dacus :S )
That build is super outdated already and in the newest build fox feels nearly perfect as far as control and melee feel so it sucks to be you... i wish a mod would ban or infract him from posting already. Anyone who discusses a leak in the thread should be infracted

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
It would be also good if they remove the hurtbox in his tail, making it disjointed then. His Bair could rival that of jigglypuff in range so.:awesome:

That smash attacks needs do be also reworked. His Fsmash sweetspotted gave high damage, but little knockback, it's just 'w00t'

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Do. not. talk. about. leaked. builds. It's been said in this thread before.

I will give out infractions for those that do.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
i'd really like to see mewtwo with the reflect that doesn't hit. for this, they could pretty much buff it pretty hard and simply imply mewtwo has extraordinary resilience to projectiles.

i mean, every reflecting ability has drawbacks when it comes to the moment of reflection, generally in the form of extra hitlag or at least another animation that the player can't escape from. why not give mewtwo basically no lag after a successful reflect but without the benefit of hitting his opponent? he could just negate their existence and be done with it (you know he could do this **** if he wanted, fellas). hell, maybe make a short hitbox to the move when it works. or somethin.
Not a bad idea IMO... I've always felt it was stupid that his Confusion attack is slow, and yet can't even hit the original attacker with the reflected projectile. But I wouldn't mind Confusion going the unique route among reflectors and still not truly reflect but is versatile. Like perhaps make it always jump cancelable; this could lead to some interesting combos as well, when actually used offensively and not defensively.
But of course, this is a ways away, since a true clone engine is not that close, but at least it's something to think about in the meantime.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Has c-stick jab been fixed? It got really annoying as a lot of the time, when doing u-tilt comboes, when I want to do an u-smash, it would do another u-tilt instead.

I'm looking forward to the pound 5 stream; anxious for some Falco action

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Beh. Honestly, I think the idea of putting time and effort in to Pichu is a huge waste.

There's nothing redeeming about Pichu. It's essentially another Pikachu, it's an inferior clone character, and on top of all this, we already have enough Pokemon representation. And people want to include a playable Pichu? The only quality Pichu had was being the SFIV Dan of Smash. We all know its slot was more deserving to another character had the development team been allotted more time.
Saying Pichu is an inferior Pichu is just like saying Roy is an inferior Marth. Or Mario is an inferior Dr. Mario.

They have LOTS of differences in their playstyle.

I'd also like to point out that Jigglypuff was a joke character in SSB64, but was made into a real character for Melee (before being turned back into a joke in Brawl >_>)

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
There's nothing intrinsically a joke about Pichu. He's a Pokemon just like Pikachu is a Pokemon, and Jigglypuff is a Pokemon, and Squirtle is a Pokemon... And so on. The only thing you're basing it on was his Melee incarnation. But remember, we're talking about hacking here, so we can change anything and everything that made him bad in Melee. He could become a viable or even a new character if people made him that way.

But of course, since Mewtwo was a more unique character in Melee, they are most likely going to work on bringing him back to Brawl before Pichu for that sole purpose. It has nothing to do with how good or bad they were before.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
Actually, from the way things sound, Mewtwo is going to be the last thing happening if the clone engine works. Roy already does work, he just needs simpler coding, and it sounds like the same for Pichu now from what Dant said a few pages back. Mewtwo hasn't even been touched. Not that I'd expect it. I'd prefer they get things like landing detection and DI first, even if i don't get my melee main...

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
My WIP Pichu is probably top tier right now, since I implemented almost every idea I had for him.

However, since I hit a huge snag on the Clone Engine, it probably won't be in P:M for a while.
uuumm, ok Grim, just goin' by what Dant says on this one...

GPDP

Smash Ace
Speaking of landing detection...

The other day I downloaded an Ingo (the farmhand from OoT) vertex hack for Luigi, and somehow the hack made Luigi's landing detection change in several ways. Like, after a jump, Luigi would go through the floor nearly down to his hips before he truly landed. The detection was also off for air dodges; sometimes Luigi would go well inside the stage before he landed. Hell, during the initial jumping animation, Luigi would even sink into the stage! After an aerial, however, he would still land when his feet touched the floor.

It's probably something stupid and nothing will likely come out of it, but who knows, it might be worth checking out.

This is the hack in question:

http://www.mediafire.com/?5gjx95363xmxynr

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Where is anyone getting the idea that my pichu concept is a joke?

Everytime I have talked about it, its been saying that my pichu is probably top tier. No one has tested my Pichu, so I implemented every gimmick I had in mind to see if I could do it (I am not a PSA coder). My Pichu is no joke, but hella lolz

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Sorry, my mistake.

I guess I just misinterpreted these posts then:

Also, I am going to make Pichu personally if we make pichu.
I am going to base Pichu's playstyle on a mix between melee and the way I think stingers would fight based on his posts. Thats right, Pichu is going to be a emo troll character if I have my say. You heard it here first.
My Pichu is currently amazing, and would be the best stalling and trolling character in smash, but he hurts himself to the point where he can't run away without just causing himself stupid amounts of damage. (And then he looses some options, but only around percents you shouldn't be living past as Pichu)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom