• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Premium Membership

Would you purchase Premium Membership?

• Yes

Votes: 189 64.1%
  • No

Votes: 86 29.2%
  • I would only want to purchase a name change for $2.50

Votes: 20 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
is there any downside to infractions that have expired?
Recently the Global Rules have been updated by JV.

Basically if you've received an infraction point after the point of the new Global Rules coming into effect, they count after they expire to a new infraction system.

10 expired infractions = 1 permanent point

Hence 60 expired points means a permaban. >__>

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
I'll ask him but for now just assume it's still gonna be via Paypal.

Edit: He said it's possible that it could go through the mlgpro store.

and if there's any other services you guys have in mind, it's okay to suggest them.

just keep in mind that we can't do money orders and whatnot. it basically has to be online.

*sigh*

Also, if we can make it to where Premium people can change their custom titles by themselves, cool.
But for now, admins have to go through and change both names AND titles, so it'd be a pain in the ***.
Supermods cannot change titles.

You don't HAVE to use every feature given to you.
The 'tag' feature changes another person's color [we're making it hot pink, I think] for a set number of days. Staff cannot be changed.

Read the thread guys ;_;

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
I had a premium membership like 2 years ago. Recently my custom title was changed to 'NOW WHAT, BLUE NAMES?!' That's neat and all but I would like to have my own back...

ɭ υʗ ιԃυϚ ιΧ

Can I get some help, dear mods? Please =)

EDIT: Now it is just plain old 'Smash Director' =(

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
Ah, so I can't switch without the title going back to default? Sometimes I like my name to be blue, sometimes i like it to be yellow but I'll stop switching if it causes too much trouble.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Oh...the titles were for april fool's. you're supposed to lose them =p

It won't actually delete a custom title.

edit: i said it first :mad:

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Just to clear some doubt before the questions start coming:

If you have a custom title, it doesn't matter what usergroup you switch to, the custom title stays.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
It wasn't a custom title. I changed the smash director title as an april fool's prank.

can we get back on topic please?

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
IT WAS NOT A CUSTOM TITLE.

all SDs had the same title on april fool's day. you just never changed your usergroup until now.

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
ɭ υʗ ιԃυϚ ιΧ

Is that not a custom title?

So, once again...

I just want my custom title back. Where can I go or who can I message to get it back?

EDIT: I know it was an April Fool's joke and I actually changed my group a few weeks before hand. My custom title has been gone for some time. I was just too lazy to find out how to get it back until now. It is really not that hard to understand...

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, and then I got a helpful mod to change that for me. Because in some old thread that discussed these things it was clear that you get to keep your title even when the membership runs out...

And now I have lost it again somehow.

I mean, I did pay for a membership because 1) I love SWF and 2) I wanted a custom title.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Yeah, and then I got a helpful mod to change that for me. Because in some old thread that discussed these things it was clear that you get to keep your title even when the membership runs out...

And now I have lost it again somehow.

I mean, I did pay for a membership because 1) I love SWF and 2) I wanted a custom title.
So post in forum disputes and explain what's going on, stop getting this thread off-topic please.

It's not a secret that if an ex-premie changes their usergroups, they'll lose their title.
However, if an admin goes in and changes it, it sticks until the admin removes it.
Usergroup permissions are different.

Rickety, you don't have to use every feature available.

It's not like we won't be watching people to make sure Premiums don't rickroll everyone. :\

zrky

Smash Lol'd
The title was probably replaced because the Premium Membership expired.
Edit: Azua answered the custom title thing.

Darkslash

Smash Master
I don't want this to seem like a "I don't want premium memberships" sort of thing. I still would love to support the site and community by becoming a Premie again, I just want it to be done in a smart and effective manner.

Again, I'd suggest:
Custom Titles
Name Change
Cyborg Style

I don't think I like the idea of:
Embedding Videos
Animated Avatars
Custom Username Colors
Reputation System

Where is the Cyborg Style? After the name change and custom titles, that was the feature I loved the most about premium memberships. I liked it very much.

Different Strokes for differnt blokes.

And dammit Azua you figured out my partial plan :(

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I like the idea of custom titles and different color names for those who subscribe. but the idea of changing other peoples name colors makes me :mad088::mad088:
but the VIP lunge is a great idea it makes the unsubscribers jealous (like the smash backroom)
and I would like a bigger avatar space

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
No worries. We'll make sure to give people major infraction points for posting any stupid videos. :)

I hate when people waste my time with stuff like that.

As for the Premie idea, I like it. I don't see why you wouldn't reinstate it. A lot of people of course won't buy it, but a few will. And giving permissions to do random things on the boards is a free resource. What do we lose if we reinstate it? I only see gain.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
No one really loses. More money for tourneys, people get cool stuff for a low price for a whole year.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Yes, we would love to bring premium memberships back!!! I guarantes, and although I know you are not promising anything, that it would not go in vain! There are many users that would lvoe to keep their account and change their name, and the benefits of smashboards are enough for me to pay for the FULL premium memberships and not just the name change.

Suggestions? Well I think that they are perfect for that price. And 15$ dollars a year?! Thats really nothing at all! Tat is extremely affordable, and nobody has anything to cry about.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
...Eh well at least Xsyven said that the moderators would punish people who tried to abuse some their bonuses such as embedding Rickrolls.

I just wish he or somebody else could've said the same thing about a reputation video. I feel the only reason you're not believing me is because you're not assured that nothing negative can come from it other than the person who is wrecking havoc among the forum getting in trouble, but then they had that coming didn't they?

M.K

Level 55
They should produce some sort of SWF keychain that you can buy...
...seriously, I love keychains, you guys would make alot of money.

Premium Membership is good and all, but somehow it *feels* like a scam, even though it's not.
The "name-changing" idea is pretty stupid. At least give "Dr. BallLicker" an option to change his own name back to the way it was. I can see the elitist jerks abusing the hell out of these things.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
They should produce some sort of SWF keychain that you can buy...
...seriously, I love keychains, you guys would make alot of money.

Premium Membership is good and all, but somehow it *feels* like a scam, even though it's not.
The "name-changing" idea is pretty stupid. At least give "Dr. BallLicker" an option to change his own name back to the way it was. I can see the elitist jerks abusing the hell out of these things.
lol
SWF Key chains xD

I'm not so sure how that idea would work out haha

SWF hats would be better lol

Chaco

Never Logs In
Possibly new Shirts...? Even thought I have no clue why we're talking SWF merch.

I'd like a Fox Dance shirt. o_O

Dual Kirby

Smash Apprentice
i definitely buy a wombo combo shirt XD as for premium membership...well if it will help smashboards then why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom