• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

Divinokage

Smash Legend
The only thing I can see causing this all the time is being unable to manage stress in a long run because it wrecks your body hardcore if you stay stressed too long. Meditation or eating well wont do anything if you cant control your emotions during your whole day.

Battlecow

Play to Win
At this point, his being sick just means that he always, always gets sick at big tourneys for some psychosomatic reason or other. 3 all scrunched up like this essentially obviates any chance that he's getting legitimately sick.

If he's sick

he might not be

No one in the stream chat had heard about it

Fregadero

Smash Journeyman
Zenith and Impulse are about as competetive as smashers reunion and he was fine for those.

Idk mang PP STOP GETTING SICK

:phone:

Battlecow

Play to Win
He's commentating the stream, hasn't seen peeps asking about the sickness but he doesn't SOUND sick and I think he would've mentioned it, he seems pretty positive or whatever

tl;dr

FALSE RUMOR, PP IS FINE, STILL GON TAP EUROPE

Beat!

Smash Master
Much closer than I thought it would be. Good ****, PP.

Also, I'm glad our bet was handled so smoothly, Battlecow. Def. down to do it again sometime. =)

Battlecow

Play to Win
Much closer than I thought it would be. Good ****, PP.

Also, I'm glad our bet was handled so smoothly, Battlecow. Def. down to do it again sometime. =)
If you're down to give me 2:1 again after seeing that, you're on, sir.

Naughty Pixel

Smash Apprentice
PP had so much momentum going into GFs it's too bad Armada had 2 sets to slow him down. He did so quite effectively, it was quite the entertaining set to watch. I was REALLY hoping PP could get that 4 stock though that would have been so insane.

Chroma

Smash Apprentice
Game 7, set one of GFs: It legitimately looked like you were playing a level 5 CPU. I've never seen anything like that. Excellent job.

We're proud of you, PP.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
so with everyone being so proud of PP, does this mean armada was expected to take this? not really up to date with the scene anymore.

Zoler

Smash Ace
so with everyone being so proud of PP, does this mean armada was expected to take this? not really up to date with the scene anymore.
Armada is the reigning champion, and he beat PP at both Genesis 2 and Apex2012 prior to this.

Why you quit smash trah ? =(

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
I didn't necessarily expect armada to take it, but after watching PP's performance I can't honestly say it matters to me (toooo much =P) that he lost. He did some incredible things in their set haha

AvengerAngel

Smash Journeyman
I have 2 questions for PP:

1) Have you noticed any relevant differences in PAL? I mean Falco-related differences. I've always felt like NTSC Falco is way better because of the spike, but I've never played NTSC for real so I might be wrong. I'd love to hear your opinion about this

2) Do you think right now Mango and Armada are slightly better than you, or are you confident you'll get them next time you'll play them? There were rumors about you being sick etc., I couldn't understand if people were trolling or not.
I'm not trolling btw, I'm just wondering what do you think about your last matches with Mango and Armada :x

Also ggs and congratulations for being the first american top player that came to Europe. It's a shame you confirmed so late. I wasn't able to book the tickets to the tournament when I saw you were coming D:
I would have loved to play you. Do you think you'll come back sooner or later? <3

JPOBS

Smash Hero
PP needs to go in more often, more confidence!!
I actually think not going in too much is what kept him in the matches.

First set (WF), he was getting 2 and 3 stocked for free because he kept attacking armada's sheild and getting ***** OOS for it. Both sets of grand finals he played much more patient and landed a ton of grab combosand didn't let himself get bair oos->dsmashed or nair oos to death.

going in is pretty bad vs armada it seems

Top Bottom