• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
i just say armada is currently the top player rather than the best...

i feel like that top feels more concrete than the term "best" because when top players only play one set it's hard to really be certain how they stack up against each other in overall skill unless we see one player consistently wrecking the others..but top dog is the title we give to the guy who won the last national...

and everyone wants to have their own opinions on who the best currently is. Personally I think armada is currently the best, though I think Mango would increase his odds at nationals if he went back to playing falco instead of fox in the matchup...or just went puff...if he opens falco in the matchup and only plays jiggs on his counterpicks he won't have to face young link either....

honestly armada makes top fox players look like a joke. I've come to think that fox gets wrecked by peach even harder than what marth did to them back in the day

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
Genesis2 had belts.

you can play for the fans and play sexy all you want, but i'm pretty sure it's all bout dat ****in' belt.

D

Deleted member

Look, I agree that Mango's mad impressive, but, are you guys seriously that unimpressed by armada? like, really? dude ****ing took everything we thought we knew about peach, pushed it to it's limit, reinvented it and now makes everyone in the ****ing world look like a scrub with her. I just don't get how you people are seriously not at least putting him in the same league as Mango in terms of impressiveness. Serious Character/Continent bias imo, goddamn. And come on, he ****ing solved his one problem matchup with Young Link, what a ****ing boss :laugh:. From a spectating perspective, I'm offended that Armada does not impress you guys more.
he plays like a dik

==

very cool guy IRL though

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
armada is the ****in ****. mad respect.

he's like the wobbuffet of the melee community.

lol damn s2j, kage got tore up in ur sig ;}

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Lol everyone took what i said listing 3 impressive players and took it to mean "Armada isn't impressive at all" and ran with it, when i was mostly kidding.

pah. Armada is the cats meow.

BUT DAT AINT M2K, MANGO AND SCAR SO BLOW ME!

(but armada still da best imo)

Bones0

Smash Legend
You get Fox to shield and you know he's going to FH OoS before you can initiate shield pressure. What are some good ways of shutting that down?

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
I just sort of let him have his full hop and work around it:
if he has the middle then I try to take it once he full hops, probably utlit his landing once I'm under him.
if he doesn't have the middle and doesn't full hop towards the middle then I try to pressure his landing with lasers or the real pressure you were going to start before he got away.
if he doesn't have the middle and full hops towards the middle then you can just defend the middle from his jank approach.

basically I try to think of it like when you know you can't quite cover a tech chase option and you take stage instead.

I guess you could try to laser him out of the full hop so he falls back down all awkwardly

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
You get Fox to shield and you know he's going to FH OoS before you can initiate shield pressure. What are some good ways of shutting that down?
You can full hop aerial/shine to hit him on reaction. Just make sure to keep the optimal spacing so to cover other stuff just in case he rolls or does something tricky. But most the time it's just rolling/full jumping lol

Or you can punish him when he lands which works well too if he's full hopping really early.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Yeah, I tried FHing an aerial a few times, but I kept getting punished because he'd be at too low of a percent. I think I will see how shining them out of it works though because that seems safe and has pretty high rewards.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Well, I'm not basing it off of those matches entirely by any means. I talk to people, think about the characters, watch videos, and (if I can) play the MU, before really deciding. I could be wrong, but I don't really use one method for coming to my own conclusions about MUs...it's just that I had to play it before deciding for real.

Bing

Smash Master
Bones0, if you have him in the shield and you're close enough, you know he's going to FH out so why not just try to get the grab? Also maybe move away and laser? I dunno, If I knew that exact situation I could probably give a better idea :S

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Yeah, I tried FHing an aerial a few times, but I kept getting punished because he'd be at too low of a percent. I think I will see how shining them out of it works though because that seems safe and has pretty high rewards.
Oh yeah, I forgot, but if you're pretty sure he's gonna full jump AT you with a dair or nair (which you can probably confirm on reaction actually), just utilt him out of it lol

KUSH.

Smash Apprentice
Okay so im fighting a decent ganon and im approaching right? i SHL and move towards him and he is trying to powershield the lasers. So i grab him, then what would be the best throw? Up to dair? what do you guys think? thanks in advance:awesome:

Battlecow

Play to Win
Yo, armada can be better than mango and scar and m2k and still be less "impressive" in the "OMG WTF JUST HAPPENED" sense of the word.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
the uptilt on the FH oos nair/dair is...inconcsistent I've found. they can vary the timing between fast fall/not fast fall. if you uptilt expecting a fast fall, you miss if they dont and get hit. If they fastfall and you wait expecting a delay, you get hit. I usually try to pivot/turn around bair their move because its more consistent punish, but you can't combo out of it so its a trade off.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I'll go watch the Mufasa videos, and come back to you. But I've never been one for Falcon combos.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Don't worry about it. I'm biased. I also don't think I've seen the first or third ones, just the second one. So I can be changed.

Top Bottom