• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

Beat!

Smash Master
That's nice.

What's up with the Kage hate train still going? He's pretty much laid off the warrior stuff, and a lot of his posts are helpful/relevant.

And what the eff is the problem with him reaching the conclusion that his main character doesn't cut it? There's nothing warrior-y about being stubborn. If he wants to play Falco, let him play ****ing Falco.

G

genkaku

I think that I should be able to win only using ftilt.
If I can't it constitutes weakness on my part. Please call me out for hypocrisy if you see a single dair.

Stevo

Smash Champion
(I know Im late to this topic but...) I don't see how it is Kage's problem if people infer incorrectly from his attitude and wisdom that you can always win with your main. He always just says to believe in yourself, no matter what character you choose to play. There is a difference.

and how is anyone still surprised at Mango stating he is the best?

Warhawk

Smash Lord
That is a really good video. It's nice to be reminded of the foundations. And also that there isn't quite as big of a difference between the 06 and current metagame as some would think.
That was one of the first videos I used to help me learn the game and I remember in '08 coming back to the video and thinking it had aged well and it has still aged well even up to today for the most part.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
He lost 3-0 so maybe he consider me on a higher level =)
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

right

Edit: That Falco video is actually really good wtf.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
That is a really good video. It's nice to be reminded of the foundations. And also that there isn't quite as big of a difference between the 06 and current metagame as some would think.
The move themselves of course not but it's more about how these moves are used nowadays, it is somewhat different with the mix-ups and all that. Especially at the speed the players are playing now.

D

Deleted member

Apparently, you haven't seen this Falco combo vid in 2006 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37qZ2kfavdQ

Beat, I'm not surprised at all that the people that attempted to trash me does not understand what makes a warrior completely.
A warrior adapts to any situation as is necessary. If you want to switch characters to do better, good for you. No one likes a scrub.

Armada is definitely correct.

Lots of falcos could do grounded double shine in 2007, myself included. They just weren't good because they focused on "look what i can do" instead of **** that actually wins matches. like reik. and me.

I still can't do jump to platform > shine > shinegrab.

Bing

Smash Master
lmfao eating a Mango, too good :p

Also, we had a discussion about a week ago about the importance of lasers, now I use more lasers... I didnt even think about it, just happened. Its amazing what reading stuff on the boards does to you.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
A warrior adapts to any situation as is necessary. If you want to switch characters to do better, good for you. No one likes a scrub.

Armada is definitely correct.

Lots of falcos could do grounded double shine in 2007, myself included. They just weren't good because they focused on "look what i can do" instead of **** that actually wins matches. like reik. and me.

I still can't do jump to platform > shine > shinegrab.
Lmao, that's actually pretty true, i remember those times.

Mahone

Smash Champion
He lost 3-0 so maybe he consider me on a higher level
=)
hahhahahhah **** man, ur the real deal armada, u can time my puff out any day lol

I have trouble believing he really meant that and wasn't just trolling... But then again its Mang0
i hope so, i think its really disrespectful to say that, but i don't know what the context was so who knows

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
since when does mango care about respect lol

i could care less that mango thinks that tbh, what i find awesome is that people are considering armada the best in the world now, and i know that must drive mango ****in' crazy.

youre crazy if you think mango wouldnt care too :p

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
While i agree completely, there's still a decent amount of people that won't drop the idea of mango being the best, it's hard not to think it with how well he did for so long. it's just hard to say the best in the world is no longer the best in the world lol.

it's really hard to say who's better based off 1-2 nationals a year, but i think it's only fair to base it how we do anyways.

i also guarantee mango thinks all of us are very stupid for thinking armada is better. but honestly how else do we view it? NAH ARMADA, **** DON'T COUNT BREH. WAIT TILL MANGO PLAYS THE MATCHUP RIGHT BRO

Mahone

Smash Champion
i guess the difference is when mango was the best, it seemed reasonable for him to brag and claim he was on another level...

saying that AFTER losing to someone 2 tournies in a row is much more disrespectful because ur basically taking away from their victory

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
ok, so you guys have a very low opinion of Mango, got it. I mean, we're getting 2nd hand comments with no verification or context or indication of whether he's joking or not. Mango might just need to convince himself that that's the case in order to maintain his swag. Who knows?

anyway, all speculation, conversation has nowhere useful to go, let's drop it.

~Twitch~

Smash Master
cullowhee, nc western carolina university
You can't really understand when you haven't had a strong partner through your life that owns you, years after years. So I'm going to own him by following my darkness and be true to my name. You can't escape your own shadow.

To refute your statement, I don't see how being utterly confident in yourself is bad. You need it if you want to defeat strong opponents or even hope to be at least decent. I never stopped believing in myself. If you believe it's BS then you'll never succeed, sorry.
so maybe you'll listen to me when i say that i TOTTTAAAALLLY understand. **** training partners.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Mango bodied me harder than anyone has bodied me since M2K at RoM3.

But I suck and I also didn't play Armada or PP.

Nurgle.

I dunno. Fighting him was seriously a mind****.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Wow, who except mango has said that mango's still the best? Literally no one.

And mango would be no fun at all if he didn't think he was on a level above armada even after getting 3-0'd; it's just who he is.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Dr. PeePees discussion thread: Where we talk about Mango :troll:

But for real, mango is probably the most impressive player in melee. But a lot of that feeds into the characters he chooses to play (fox/falco) and his general "IDGAF im just gonna **** you" playstyle. When mango played puff, he honestly didn't "look" impressive because, well, its puff.

Some characters just have a natural tendency to not appear to be impressive, like peach and puff, which is why people are STILL caught on mango being the best, because he LOOKS like he's doing the most awesome ****.

Most impressive looking players:
1. M2k at the ledge
2. Mango
3. Scar

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I was brainstorming one day and thought about using edge dashes as funny little feints or last minute positioning tricks in edgeguarding. Falco's edgedash is pretty quick so I figure a last second change up when edgeguarding an up-B or side B from spacies or maybe situational stuff against other characters(like Peach using her DJ to go just above the edge as you grab it) into a smash or uptilt seems pretty solid.

I dunno I just wanna be more active in my edgeguards since I generally suck at edgeguarding lol. Thoughts?

Top Bottom