• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

JPOBS

Smash Hero
If UGS was a "consistent top 3 team" like you say, you'd be right

They're not; they've gotten 3rd ONCE. They top out at 3rd; their average is around 5th. And yeah, I'm pretty sure m2k/DoH would get top 5.

UGS loses to like SFAT/PPU nowadays. like I said, good team, but m2k/DoH just made KK and Unknown (a very good team themselves) look pretty free. m2k is hella good when with a peach, and DoH is a great player as well...
What do you mean by "UGS loses to like SFAT/PPU nowadays" ? What does that even mean?

About your assessment of m2k being good teaming with peach and whatnot, I would reply with this logic:
UGS would **** a sheik peach team. Aniolas no doubt has great experience vs peach (duh) and Armada is armada.

About M2k/Doh making unknown and KK "look free":
1. hardly
2. Unknown and KK aren't really a great "team" themselves. They are individually great players though. They don't even team at canadian tournaments. I know m2k/doh dont team a lot either, but its not like unknown/kk are some established team.

I would bet raynex and unknown would beat doh/m2k. *shrug*

Battlecow

Play to Win
look free? what set were you watching battlecow?

I hate when people misuse other fighting games' terms.
Mm, OK, that was an overstatement, my bad.

But it would have been a 3-0 if m2k didn't decide to lol away the 3rd game by hopping off the stage. The set wasn't free for DoH2K, but it wasn't particularly close either.

What do you mean by "UGS loses to like SFAT/PPU nowadays" ? What does that even mean?
It, uh, it means that they lost to SFAT/PewPewU. Lol. What else would it mean?

The match that I'm referring to is a friendly, but nevertheless.

MEH I probably shouldn't be so sure. Maybe UGS would take it. I'd def. lay $ on M2DoH, tho

Battlecow

Play to Win
I wanna see m2PP when PP's healthy.

@jpobs Yo, how is it that the guy who couldn't comprehend the sentence "UGS loses to like SFAT/PPU nowadays" is making awesome-faces at the guy who cited a seriously in passing?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
GFs was pretty good. WFs was bad. I suck in teams and basically only team with Unknown because Raynex is a gigantic, sand-riddled vag and Unknown has nobody else to team with. Lame.

Battlecow is terrible at judging Youtube videos. Likely because he's spent a long time at war with bovine creatures and not enough time becoming good at smash or smash critique.

Canada does export salt.

JPOBS is the homie.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
I wanna see m2PP when PP's healthy.

@jpobs Yo, how is it that the guy who couldn't comprehend the sentence "UGS loses to like SFAT/PPU nowadays" is making awesome-faces at the guy who cited a seriously in passing?
Because your statement was stupid and ********.

"UGS loses to tema slike SFAT/PPU nowadays" implies that the quality of the team is somehow on par or below teams in the tier of SFAT/PPU. Which just isn't true. Turns out, you were citing some random friendly.

GTFO you suck and don't even play melee and dont know s*** keep your mouth closed.

Go back to the 64 boards :awesome:

Battlecow

Play to Win
Because your statement was stupid and ********.

"UGS loses to tema slike SFAT/PPU nowadays" implies that the quality of the team is somehow on par or below teams in the tier of SFAT/PPU. Which just isn't true. Turns out, you were citing some random friendly.
Nice TRY

But you clearly did not understand the syntax of my sentence. "What does that even mean?" is not the same as "That is untrue."

So YOU'RE THE ******** ONE MANG

*further sobbing*

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Nice TRY

But you clearly did not understand the syntax of my sentence. "What does that even mean?" is not the same as "That is untrue."

So YOU'RE THE ******** ONE MANG

*further sobbing*
No. Clearly you don't understand my "syntax." I wasn't denying ugs might have lost a single set or game to sfat/ppu, but your context implied that it is a consistent demonstration of their skill level. THAT is what I was pointing out being untrue. idgaf about a single loss.
UGS loses to like SFAT/PPU nowadays.
> Implying UGS is "bad" enough that their skill isn't even above SFAT/PPU now
> Implying m2k/doh are certainly better because of that fact.

My face when you link to a friendly to support your claims: :awesome:

Are we clear now? Good.

Battlecow

Play to Win
No. Clearly you don't understand my "syntax." I wasn't denying ugs might have lost a single set or game to sfat/ppu, but your context implied that it is a consistent demonstration of their skill level. THAT is what I was pointing out being untrue. idgaf about a single loss.

> Implying UGS is "bad" enough that their skill isn't even above SFAT/PPU now
> Implying m2k/doh are certainly better because of that fact.

My face when you link to a friendly to support your claims: :awesome:

Are we clear now? Good.
lololololol

Still trying to dodge it

"What do you mean by "UGS loses to like SFAT/PPU nowadays" ? What does that even mean?"

You clearly did not understand what I was saying. You weren't denying that UGS's skill level was that low, you were simply nonplussed by a fairly standard (in terms of vocabulary and construction) sentence in your native language.

As for your attempted-distraction attacks on ma linking to a friendly; Yeah, it's a friendly, and I'm aware of what that means. That's why I mentioned it in passing as a sort of "oh and BTW consider this" and not as concrete proof.

PWNED OWNED OWNED BETTER BEST 100% YOU MAY SUCK THE **** NOW

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
@the random teams discussion

PP, I think you had the right ideas, wrong characters. Peach has bad approaches? Wall off DoH?

Why not sheik has bad approaches, wall off m2k xDDDD That seems a lot better imo; peach has a lot of big, destructive hitboxes, and doesn't give a damn about the opponents %. Sheik has like... 4 viable move choices when the opponent is under 30%, if even that many >_> Idk I could be wrong, but it seems way easier to wall off sheik than peach.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I figured since Peach was slower it'd be easier to wall her out, and she'd tank anyway and be hard to kill so it seems easier to kill Sheik overall. Plus I figure M2K himself would be kinda tough to wall out lol but that's a fair point regardless.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
But it would have been a 3-0 if m2k didn't decide to lol away the 3rd game by hopping off the stage. The set wasn't free for DoH2K, but it wasn't particularly close either.
If that's the moment I'm thinking of, it was because he killed me with a pause by messing up my poof. We forgot to turn off pause. So... if you want to get technical about the nonsense, I should have still been alive at 40%.

Granted, there's no way you could have known that. So I can't really hold it against you. But, yeah, now you know.

Brookman

Smash Hero
I remember meeting kk @ pound 3, he was in my pool. Ididn't ever realize I'd met him here until some years later.

:phone:

unknown522

Some guy
Ryan, no matter what you say usually people will look at your losses rather than who you beat.. perhaps because we are from Canada and they REALLY want to meatride their US players. I don't know how many times I've seen that but it's endless.
this is true. But the GFs set was 3-2. That was pretty much my point when I posted it.

Mm, OK, that was an overstatement, my bad.

3-2 is pretty close. Also, how were they gonna win when m2k paused gimped 2 stocks of our team away? I stopped to say that he killed KK with the pause and in the time, he killed me because I wasn't looking at the screen. We still had the advantage at that point.

Secret Cow level ftw.
all day!

that D2 stuff

Pi

Smash Hero
[collapse=tired]so i'm imagining improving in ssbm as if it were a journey on some moving platform on a track
and the platform doesn't stop moving, but you're free to get off if you choose
but as you ride you are improving, and your friends hop on and ride w/ you for a bit
but for the most part you're alone on this platform, traveling deeper and deeper, steadily
and you come up on some players who have stepped off the platform for good
and you wave to them eagerly, you encourage them to board w/ you, tell them you can ride with me! we can ride together, it'll be wonderful!
but for their own reasons they decline, and slowly you travel past them and lose sight of them
but it's not always like that, cause you also pass players who maybe walk along w/ the platform for a bit, and give you advice, maybe some heads up on what you might encounter up ahead
but the platform keeps moving, and eventually you leave them behind as well[/collapse]

Top Bottom