• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
1. Armada beats Mango. People were like "wow Mango's aggro style is so awesome".
2. Mango writes a blog implying he should have played safer.
3. He wins RoM4.
4. All the ****riders proceed to say Genesis 2 didn't count. "Did you see how aggro Mango played? He obviously didn't care."

Mango, yet again the genius at making an army of ****riders.

People act as if Mango could simply have "played safer" and then won. You have to realize that if he decides to "play safer" he wouldn't overwhelm Armada like he did when he played aggro. I'm not saying that Mango would lose by "playing safer", but it would sure look like a completely different match.

AJP said it best:

"Just adding my opinion into the mix

I think Mango outplayed Armada most of the time, but he also outplayed himself a little. If he changes his playstyle so he's less likely to make mistakes, he may no longer "outplay" Armada.

Basically he overclocked his CPU a little too high, but a less-crashing CPU will also perform worse. He needs to learn to dynamically adjust his speed so it's higher where a mistake won't lead to death and lower otherwise."

Wake

Smash Master
1. Armada beats Mango. People were like "wow Mango's aggro style is so awesome".
2. Mango writes a blog implying he should have played safer.
3. He wins RoM3.
4. All the ****riders proceed to say Genesis 2 didn't count. "Did you see how aggro Mango played? He obviously didn't care."

Mango, yet again the genius at making an army of ****riders.

People act as if Mango could simply have "played safer" and then won. You have to realize that if he decides to "play safer" he wouldn't overwhelm Armada like he did when he played aggro. I'm not saying that Mango would lose by "playing safer", but it would sure look like a completely different match.

AJP said it best:

"Just adding my opinion into the mix

I think Mango outplayed Armada most of the time, but he also outplayed himself a little. If he changes his playstyle so he's less likely to make mistakes, he may no longer "outplay" Armada.

Basically he overclocked his CPU a little too high, but a less-crashing CPU will also perform worse. He needs to learn to dynamically adjust his speed so it's higher where a mistake won't lead to death and lower otherwise."
I agree with this. I just want to point out that Mango won ROM4 not 3. :)

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Yeah ROM4 is actually the first RoM Mango has won since the original

rom2 was the fabled drunk/hungover incident where he lost to kage twice and rom3 was post "i dont play for real anymore" syndrome.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
This Is PP's thread, and stuff so I did wanna say

Happy Thanksgiving!!! PP.

However for those of you viewing this thread now (as im posting) Sveet, Wake, Zhu,
Happy thanksgiving you guys!! n_n <3 you guys!

And for everyone else who views this thread later...etc..
Happy Thanksgiving!!

~Vman~

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I dont think i've ever spoken to you 1 on 1 vman, but suddenly i feel the love. Happy Thxgiving to you, and also to everyone else!

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I recognize shrouded one because somehow i always read his posts in a different voice. This happens without me looking at the avatar or name.
Looool, what does this even mean? How do you know without looking at anything that would indicate that it's me? My way of typing isn't that unique.

EDIT: And Happy Thanksgiving, people, I suppose. Eat well and plenty.

Thanos828

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Happy Thanksgiving to all of you guys.

I've seen it mentioned (even by PP) that certain foods are bad for smashing because of the effect they have on the body (in PP's story, pizza was mentioned)

...How's turkey?

crush

Smash Master
Oh hey guys, I heard there was someone in here saying something about Crush winning Apex?

I could see it happening.
Nah I could never beat palpi or citizen sniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiips!!! (5th and 3rd best players on the east coast) but I am the best player in the whole state of europe where im prince and wake up homeless people and feed them crumpets.

:phone:

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
eh whatever.

i just feel weird introducing myself as it. it feels okay on the boards, but after going to something like ROM and having to introduce myself, it's weird.

:ganondorf:

edit: falco is a fun *** character. played him a ton yesterday. gosh you guys can really just laser and get in and out on a shield soooo fast. it's really fun to just laser around peoples shield.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I've read about upward angling Ftilts to beat moves but haven't tested it personally.

Shield poking is another good use for it I imagine.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Let em know Kevin

Ive actually never been impressed with rubyiris because well...he just isnt good and never has been. Typical pop off on the boards poster whos really terrible. AZ(Taj,Axe etc) being good doesnt make you good. Youre not part of the cool club lil buddy. And Mafia would **** you.
I beat him when we played at G2. *Shrug.*

If I'm bad, and beat him, he must be a lot worse. ;)

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
loooooooooool
if you wanna talk that ****, you should probably do it somewhere i'll be able to hear it
i could list johns for days about that set, or i could talk **** about how you're considered a joke in the community, but instead i'll keep it classy and just say:
MM at apex, name your price

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
loooooooooool
if you wanna talk that ****, you should probably do it somewhere i'll be able to hear it
i could list johns for days about that set, or i could talk **** about how you're considered a joke in the community, but instead i'll keep it classy and just say:
MM at apex, name your price
I'm not going to Apex. I don't have the funds. Sorry, bro.

School johns, too. I won't be able to go to anything really major until some time next year. G2 was my last major for about a year and a half.

Top Bottom