• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
just keep hitlag & shieldstun separate

&& your analysis is correct tho overly complex. shine oos hits frame 4 and it beats shine-grab. roll/spotdodge invincibility activates by at the latest frame 4. so yes... it would win.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
i pretty much only dair shine bad people, and shields now. Even then not so much any more. dair grab is guaranteed vs no shield. dair grab is a legit mixup vs the people trying to react to/anticipate the shine, as well as a semi-legit mix up to crouch cancel abusers.
>I never dair shine because dair grab is a good mixup

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Wavedash onto the edge before she poofs, bait out her attack and then punish it(probably with a Bair and using shield is a good way to bait the ledgehop Fair which is the common attack from the edge by Sheik). I've also lasered Sheik as she poofed and comboed Ftilt or Dair out of it.

Remember this will all depend on how Sheik tries to keep you away from the edge aside from just up-B'ing over and over, so adapt.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I've noticed it's not easy to run up, turn around and wavedash. Should I simply walk up close enough to the ledge to where I can turn around wavedash, or should I approach until I'm out of range of her attack and then short hop backwards (this should allow me to b-air if she tries anything) and get in position to wavedash backwards?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I like trying to wavedash into shield with my back to the edge so I can either Bair out or WD OOS to the edge.

Just try to find clever ways to position yourself backward to get the edge I suppose haha.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Hm, yeah I could believe it(due to ICs not really being able to challenge uptilt unless they blizzard or smash...which I imagine a laser approach is avoiding).

I haven't done that in a while haha....maybe I need to mess with it again.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
This thread hasn't had anything productive in a while... PP, do you plan on making any posts soon? =PPP

If you didn't have anything on mind, any pre-RoM stuff you have to say? Idk I might just message you instead, but this thread is 100x cooler when discussions are going on >_>

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
This thread hasn't had anything productive in a while... PP, do you plan on making any posts soon? =PPP

If you didn't have anything on mind, any pre-RoM stuff you have to say? Idk I might just message you instead, but this thread is 100x cooler when discussions are going on >_>
Uhhh maybe I'll make one about what it's like to prepare for a major tournament, but otherwise probably not until I get back. I have training and other things I'd rather focus on atm.

But yeah sure pre-RoM things......

Hotels are great because you get a bed so that's better sleep. Better sleep=better play.

Mango probably isn't gonna try but I trash talked him last night so we'll see. He has other....priorities.

Hbox isn't coming so I assume it'll be me and M2K in finals. Because M2K posted on my Facebook wall last night telling me to play Marth against Mango's Falco, I'd say I have this in the bag. *somehow necessary disclaimer: I am not taking anything for granted. I have to make sure the win actually happens and will prepare accordingly.

Mango told me he won't go spacies on my Marth and he will just disrespect it if I bring it out. I'll just have to **** him with Marth I guess and see if I can force some tryhard out.

Oh, and PC might enter. I heard he's playing a lot these days. That'll be fun to see/play against.

Edit: Yes I realize this isn't necessarily productive in the strictest sense but it's kinda hype so that's productive in its own right lol.

-Ice-

Smash Apprentice
Uhhh maybe I'll make one about what it's like to prepare for a major tournament, but otherwise probably not until I get back. I have training and other things I'd rather focus on atm.

But yeah sure pre-RoM things......

Hotels are great because you get a bed so that's better sleep. Better sleep=better play.

Mango probably isn't gonna try but I trash talked him last night so we'll see. He has other....priorities.

Hbox isn't coming so I assume it'll be me and M2K in finals. Because M2K posted on my Facebook wall last night telling me to play Marth against Mango's Falco, I'd say I have this in the bag. *somehow necessary disclaimer: I am not taking anything for granted. I have to make sure the win actually happens and will prepare accordingly.

Mango told me he won't go spacies on my Marth and he will just disrespect it if I bring it out. I'll just have to **** him with Marth I guess and see if I can force some tryahrd out.

Oh, and PC might enter. I heard he's playing a lot these days. That'll be fun to see/play against.

Edit: Yes I realize this isn't necessarily productive in the strictest sense but it's kinda hype so that's productive in its own right lol.

i got instant hyped love posts like this :D

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Yeah yeah more PP Marth

Yeah yeah whoo

Kinda wanna see the Falco again tho :/ You're gonna go Falco against M2K, right?
Absolutely going Falco against M2K and all tourney. I'll do Marth in friendlies and MMs probably.

What does this mean? (How does B follow from A?)
He wants to learn from my Marth/get ideas on how to fight Falco if he watches me do it.

Fågelholken

Smash Apprentice

Mango told me he won't go spacies on my Marth and he will just disrespect it if I bring it out. I'll just have to **** him with Marth I guess and see if I can force some tryhard out.

Whaaat? I thought Mango himself said he'd go tryhard at ROM and Apex? Ugh, I really thought this **** was over. Oh well, whatever floats his boat.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
dang son.

well, makes sense, since captain america was improved in ultimate, perhaps non-sick, improved PP will show the same level of improvement.

that shield slash otg = pp's laser reset awwww yeahhhh

peepee, if you face an ice climbers, i want you to style on him!!!!

dat shine grab dthrow loop that's completely safe on shield even if you grab nana yayyuhzzzzz.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
he's kinda like isai

it's come to the point that some people don't really care about whether or not he's the best. but they're always going to believe he is because his playstyle is just SOOOO SEXYYY.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
melee needs to get the the point where theres at least a fair bit of animosity among the top players. I'm pretty bored of all this friendship is magic BS thats been going down in the scene the last few years (see: mango pretty much admitting he wwanted armada to win G2). Lets get back to the days when top players straght wanted to BODY each other cuz...well....fk the other side.

every other communitiy has some deep rivalries and stuff, it keeps the game alive. That said, I'm loving PP's new attitude. fk em up pp.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I kind of agree. Rivalries make for good hype. So hearing PP say, "I'm gonna **** Mango," gets me much more excited than, "Well, it'll be a good match." I think I want the top players saying that they're going to slaughter. Makes the game more interesting.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Josh I'm not going to RoM :( I need to be focusing on school now, but hopefully after this semester I'm going to try to get motivated about smash and **** some people at apex (or any other tournies coming up that I'll try to go to).

Haha the hype behind that post is enough PP =P I'm pretty interested in a few of those things happening at RoM... this should be fun ^_^

strawhats

Smash Master
Lmfao at mango sandbagging again. I suppose he'll try at Apex if nothing else. However he might as well go jiggz if he wants to get ***** by pp that badly, cuz his falcon might get bodied.

Lol at m2k trying to learn how to fight falco by watching pp. I don't think that gonna help him if he's playing pp in GFs(assuming mango sandbags) because pp and mango have different styles of falco.
:phone:

Top Bottom