• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
to this day the most creative option i've seen used was perfect shine OoS into turn around grab (with fox tho...)

fkn voorhese

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
That was back when i played marth, and I did a fair on his sheild, spaced so he couldn't really do much and i waited. Then he did that and i was genuinely impressed. Probably the most technical player i've played against.

Bones0

Smash Legend
i'll still beat you with low tiers.
DO I SMELL A MM?!

Based on THIS fairly recent video of who I will simply assume must be you, I would beat you handily. Your tech skill was shabby at best! The so-called "pros" will continue to express the importance of "spacing," "strategies," and "mindgames," but it's evident to anyone who isn't just another sheep in the herd that the true skill in Melee lies in technical ability. It has been rumored that Dark, creator of Perfect Dark, has recently destroyed Mango in a series of friendlies, and it's pretty obvious this is because of his sexy technical ability, and nothing else.

On a more relevant note, turn around shine grab OOS WITH FOX? WTF that sounds boss.

*goes to practice in my room with the lights off and tears of my inferiority to play a game such as Melee filling my eyes*

"Oh Sakurai, why have you forsaken me?"

Bones0

Smash Legend
LOL BONES

look at the title, it says its from a 2004 tournament LOLLLLLLLLLLL
NAY!!!! Simply putting an earlier date in the title doesn't make your gameplay more acceptable. It is clear that this was current gameplay. Why would someone in 2010 upload OLD videos of Melee? That is preposterous!!!

D

Deleted member

lolllll hilarious.

but yeah i'll MM you. falco zelda?

most people that say "get at me" are ****ies when you actually get at them lol

D

Deleted member

and you're in the MBR and i'm not.

idk if i'm even allowed to be salty at this point but i still am.

Bones0

Smash Legend

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
and you're in the MBR and i'm not.

idk if i'm even allowed to be salty at this point but i still am.
lol wtf. you got a problem?

You don't? Mango was talking about it in that podcast about Genesis crews.
Am I getting trolled? lol I listened to a recent interview with mango and hugs and they mentioned nothing about Dark iirc. Also this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya5xmU4yhe8

In case you don't know BigD is a MW falcon nowhere close to Mango's level.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Shut up and unretire already >:O
Unless you never actually retired
xD
haha, this is why I freakin love you guys.. For the most part, I mostly help my community grow/develop....I won't be playing singles at G2, despite me going

dont feed him, its a cry for attention!!!! :troll:
awwwww.. I just missed the Falco boards is all... I love you guys. n_n; If I wanted attention, I'd just post more yoshi videos......I sorta wanna post some. >.> <3 you guys

Umbreon vs whom?. I wanna watch. n n

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Depends on the percent. Higher percents charge dat kick. Lower percents grabbing or a meaty dair are wassup. If its a Flatt at high percent dtilt because you'll kill them faster over the top

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I think fsmash is pretty high up there as a punish at every percent. The only time I wouldn't is like on dreamland when you won't hit them off the stage. Dair and shine are just hit confirms and comboable spacing tools. Combos are just methods to gain position and there's no stronger position than edgeguarder vs edgeguardee.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
But you get a free punish... use the best move to gain the best positioning? Shining when you could smash is like playing around with someone while edgeguarding. Sure if you execute perfectly and get every read correct, the outcome will be the same, but in a serious match you take everything ur given

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Fsmash is guaranteed % but taking a combo is better at lower percents in my experience. This is because if you hit someone even if they go offstage you can't keep them off since they have a lot of options because they're still close to the edge. Mid % and above I think I'd Fsmash or Dsmash though. Depends on what character it is as well.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
But you get a free punish... use the best move to gain the best positioning? Shining when you could smash is like playing around with someone while edgeguarding. Sure if you execute perfectly and get every read correct, the outcome will be the same, but in a serious match you take everything ur given
i think he's just saying that at low percent, shine is far better than a grab.
yea.

stupidcharlimit

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Fsmash is guaranteed % but taking a combo is better at lower percents in my experience. This is because if you hit someone even if they go offstage you can't keep them off since they have a lot of options because they're still close to the edge. Mid % and above I think I'd Fsmash or Dsmash though. Depends on what character it is as well.
Like in Falco dittos, what % would fsmash work?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Like in Falco dittos, what % would fsmash work?
Like Veetaak said it partially depends on how close to the edge they are and what stage you're on even, but generally I'd start Fsmashing around......60% maybe? Not sure haha sometimes it's a feeling but 60 is a decent %.

Top Bottom