• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

Bones0

Smash Legend
I didn't think anyone had trouble hitting Marth. He doesn't even have a shield. The hard part is not getting hit by a 30 foot dash attack and not getting grabbed by his 30 foot grab (who doesn't love wavedashing backwards and still getting grabbed?).

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Drpp: I am in a similar situation as you. My training partner(s) are all fairly advanced players but I'm so much better than them that I really just don't get anything out of the trairust other than not getting rusty. How do you deal with that?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
No matter what the level of the player is, there's always situations that come up which you can work at.. Keep it simple. It's time to experiment.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Look at the situation like Usain Bolt before starting the 100m race. Formulate a strategy.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
No matter what the level of the player is, there's always situations that come up which you can work at.. Keep it simple. It's time to experiment.
Hardly if ever in my base. The things I'm weak in these players don't do.

I usually have to sandbag or play secondaries just to keep it fresh.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Hardly if ever in my base. The things I'm weak in these players don't do.

I usually have to sandbag or play secondaries just to keep it fresh.
No I'm saying there's limited situations that happen in melee. Top players do the exact same just as any other player.. they're just faster and do different/better decisions. Like really break it down. "Oh he just double jumped close the ledge, I can do this to punish" You know? "Oh he used Fox illusion on the ledge, my answer could be an aerial or reverse upair" Things like that. It definitely works vs anyone. Need more examples?

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
No I'm saying there's limited situations that happen in melee. Top players do the exact same just as any other player.. they're just faster and do different/better decisions. Like really break it down. "Oh he just double jumped close the ledge, I can do this to punish" You know? "Oh he used Fox illusion on the ledge, my answer could be an aerial or reverse upair" Things like that. It definitely works vs anyone. Need more examples?
After reading that, I have an idea how top players perform in tournaments. They make good decisions and preforms it quickly without hesitation.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
After reading that, I have an idea how top players perform in tournaments. They make good decisions and preforms it quickly without hesitation.
Well ya but, then when you face someone at top level.. it's really about how to mindgame someone to make a mistake. Find those openings and stuff. And to do that it's lots of movement, DD, wavelands.. etc. And then finally start attacking at some point, if you can. =P

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
pp's the best cause he knows how to shoot lasers. armada and hbox are almost at his level because they know how to deal with them.

mango is the hidden boss cuz he knows both. we'll see at genesis if pp does or not.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
*shrug* those are the four that have proven themselves the most as of late. others include axe, jman(is he going?), hax, amsah, chu, chillin, and yourself kage.

but idk if you know how to deal with lasers well enough. and neither of us know how to shoot them.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
*shrug* those are the four that have proven themselves the most as of late. others include axe, jman(is he going?), hax, amsah, chu, chillin, and yourself kage.

but idk if you know how to deal with lasers well enough. and neither of us know how to shoot them.
Wobbles would like to have a wodlrd with you

D

Deleted member

top 5 is def going to be some combination of mango pp hbox axe m2k axe. bet on it.

Top Bottom