• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
hm, ok ill see what i can do. most of the training sessions are me picking marth and ****** their ****ty recovery habits. one of them is a spacie main who can wall tech under just about any situation fathomable, but because of that he tends to only recover low. the other is a peach main that likes to go high 100% of the time, so i just follow and utilt. both players techskill sucks, but they're so busy with irl that they can't really practice it so they conserve and play like 05/06 status.

Walt

Smash Ace
Holy ****ing ****s, will you ever learn the correct usage of There, Their, and They're?

THEIR SHOWS OWNERSHIP.

THEY'RE IS A CONTRACTION FOR THEY ARE.

THERE IS EVERYTHING ****ING ELSE.

/reallyhatesthiskindof****.
Isn't Sinji from Jamaica? Be glad he knows english at all. Calm down.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
PP, do you think you intentionally didn't use much falco vs hbox so as to keep a little bit of secrecy going so he doesn't figure you out before genesis?

Brookman

Smash Hero
Isn't Sinji from Jamaica? Be glad he knows english at all. Calm down.
Ruby obviously has some underlying insecurities that he very clearly vents on SWF. Maybe he never got an A on his spelling exams in grade school because of their/there/they're and your/you're/yore.

maybe he was sexually abused as a child. Who knows, but there is obviously some deep seated issues tormenting his day-to-day interaction with, at the very least, people on the internet.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
PP, do you think you intentionally didn't use much falco vs hbox so as to keep a little bit of secrecy going so he doesn't figure you out before genesis?
Ehhh yeah that's part of it, but I don't want to explain it all here for public nonsense reasons. PM me if you want me to explain it more and I won't mind.

I was interested in learning other matchups vs Puff as well since good Puff experience is incredibly rare.

mers

Smash Ace
Ruby obviously has some underlying insecurities that he very clearly vents on SWF. Maybe he never got an A on his spelling exams in grade school because of their/there/they're and your/you're/yore.

maybe he was sexually abused as a child. Who knows, but there is obviously some deep seated issues tormenting his day-to-day interaction with, at the very least, people on the internet.
You're kind of a ****, man. Just saying.

Vaccine

Smash Journeyman
i have a miserable time playing against peach! even when i play against really bad peaches i laser camp for 4-6 mins, cause im terrified of approaching and getting hit with some stupid ****. when i find myself playing against someone thats not straight awful, and can get around my lasers i get ****ed up. how do i play against this character???

idk how to combo her
idk how to approach her
idk how to not get pressured by her
idk peach

help please!!
so nobody knows how to play agains peach?

Mahone

Smash Champion
We did gay stuff to each other a lot.
LOL wtf, i was laughing for like a minute after i read this.

Yes actually I played some great Marth vs him. =)

I'm talking about it some with Niko in the Marth thread but....

I think I won more friendlies than I lost and I believe most of them were on DL and FoD.

Marth's awesome. =p
Dat Mahone practice :cool:

How did he get down against you??? Did he dair, or nair, or airdodge, or some other crazy thing?? I must know.

Puff's ducking animation when she WD's OOS so all of your moves except like Ftilt miss is ********.
Also, do you mean he is crouching your grab (falco) with the starting animation of the crouch, i didn't think that worked on falco?

I don't really understand that sentence at all... what exactly are you trying to follow up with?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
LOL wtf, i was laughing for like a minute after i read this.

Dat Mahone practice :cool:

How did he get down against you??? Did he dair, or nair, or airdodge, or some other crazy thing?? I must know.

Also, do you mean he is crouching your grab (falco) with the starting animation of the crouch, i didn't think that worked on falco?

I don't really understand that sentence at all... what exactly are you trying to follow up with?
Mahone practice def paid off. =)

Jiggz crouches when she moves OOS at all I think but WD especially is hard to catch her since she ducks and moves lol.

And I was trying to Dair/Nair shine shield pressure. Sometimes I would try to just grab and it'd miss though.....

Edit: oh it was really hard for him to get down lol. I think he did airdodge a few times now that you mention it....

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
i have a miserable time playing against peach! even when i play against really bad peaches i laser camp for 4-6 mins, cause im terrified of approaching and getting hit with some stupid ****. when i find myself playing against someone thats not straight awful, and can get around my lasers i get ****ed up. how do i play against this character???

idk how to combo her
idk how to approach her
idk how to not get pressured by her
idk peach

help please!!
Well you have to get over your fear of Peach before you can beat her lol. She's slow and likes to trade, what's so scary about that? You can approach too just don't do obvious or easy to punish stuff like weak Nair that gets CC Dsmash ***** before you touch the ground lol(Dair is a good way to avoid this btw).

Peach is gonna float over your lasers so you can't laser camp her lol. You can challenge her float with like Fair or Uair or punish her falling move with Utilt or Usmash or Bair. You can shoot her THEN as well if you really want to lol. You want to try and get her while she's coming down or while she's grounded because otherwise you can't control her much.

Don't do that dumb uptilt everyone wants to do after an early Dair shine Dair. She's just gonna float outside of your uptilt and then FC hit you. Instead use a Bair afterward or just hit her high with a Bair after a shine for more Bair/uptilt followups or whatever you feel like doing lol.

If Peach is on your shield then shield DI away from the Dsmash if Peach likes to do that, and otherwise try to roll away/spotdodge the jab/grab mixups. Just watch what she's doing and then try to beat it because most Peaches only do 2 maybe 3 mixups on shield pressure at most lol.

Double post but screw it I'll be gone for a few days after this so whatever lol.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839

LOL I get A's on my spelling test all of the time. I just graduated from High school. I just type lazy on the internet because its my freedom from the world itself.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
DoH...this is the falco thread....lol.

edit: unless you mean PP, then nah, i think he'll be in a different area of PA and unable to attend.

Vaccine

Smash Journeyman
Well you have to get over your fear of Peach before you can beat her lol. She's slow and likes to trade, what's so scary about that? You can approach too just don't do obvious or easy to punish stuff like weak Nair that gets CC Dsmash ***** before you touch the ground lol(Dair is a good way to avoid this btw).

Peach is gonna float over your lasers so you can't laser camp her lol. You can challenge her float with like Fair or Uair or punish her falling move with Utilt or Usmash or Bair. You can shoot her THEN as well if you really want to lol. You want to try and get her while she's coming down or while she's grounded because otherwise you can't control her much.

Don't do that dumb uptilt everyone wants to do after an early Dair shine Dair. She's just gonna float outside of your uptilt and then FC hit you. Instead use a Bair afterward or just hit her high with a Bair after a shine for more Bair/uptilt followups or whatever you feel like doing lol.

If Peach is on your shield then shield DI away from the Dsmash if Peach likes to do that, and otherwise try to roll away/spotdodge the jab/grab mixups. Just watch what she's doing and then try to beat it because most Peaches only do 2 maybe 3 mixups on shield pressure at most lol.

Double post but screw it I'll be gone for a few days after this so whatever lol.
Thank YOU!!

Mahone

Smash Champion
Mahone practice def paid off. =)

Jiggz crouches when she moves OOS at all I think but WD especially is hard to catch her since she ducks and moves lol.

And I was trying to Dair/Nair shine shield pressure. Sometimes I would try to just grab and it'd miss though.....

Edit: oh it was really hard for him to get down lol. I think he did airdodge a few times now that you mention it....
Ya sometimes the grab will miss, but i don't think it consistently gets dodged, I guess it just depends on the spacing

Yessss.... I knew that it wasn't just me lol, getting down vs your marth is too hard, airdodging gives you more options but it was really hard for me to force myself to do it because it feels so passive, but i don't really think their is a better way a lot of times.

Did you get edgeguarded a lot in marth puff? I felt that you didn't know all the mixups to recover... I wish I had known that you were gonna play him, i would have told you some marth jiggs stuff cuz you're really good at most aspects of the matchup but you don't know a lot of the little tricks... also if your throw game was better it would be over lol.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero

Actually there are just certain things about spelling that irritate me. Arbitrarily shortening words by 2~3 letters for example annoys me. It's not just net speak though. For example, Character is often spelled "Charry or Charrie" online. Vaporeon is often spelled "Vappy", etc. You/You're/Your/There/They're/Their/To/Too/Two, etc also irritates me.

They're called "Pet peeves." Look it up.

In other news I just realized I've been making a mistake I used to make in 2007 for the past year, which is basically the reason why I'm nowhere near as technically consistent as I really should be. After getting ***** a bunch by GG7 and Jetfour I decided to grind out some techskill. About 2 hours in I realized that I wasn't centering my joy stick, and spent the next 5 and a half hours orgasming over my spontaneously immaculate tech skill.

Then I made $20.

****yeah.jpeg

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Joystick = Analog Control Stick. Dat 80's terminology.

You know when you short hop laser whilst moving, you have to return the joystick to neutral in order to not illusion to your death? The same concept applies to MOST of Falco's game, actually. It's MUCH easier to wavedash out of shine, and shield, especially backward if you center your joystick before you try to wavedash. This is the same for aerials too. It's much easier to start the aerial with the stick neutral, then change the trajectory of Falco afterward I.E. overshooting or hanging back. Also I find that this makes getting the fast fall easier, a problem I've been having for years for those who are familiar with how I play.

Ironically this was a problem I had back in 2007 when I was just starting to get into the tournament scene. I corrected it and my tech skill really jumped back then, but I guess during the period of time when I played Brawl and subsequently quit smash for a few months after I learned what trash Brawl was, I must have forgotten about that aspect.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Ya sometimes the grab will miss, but i don't think it consistently gets dodged, I guess it just depends on the spacing

Yessss.... I knew that it wasn't just me lol, getting down vs your marth is too hard, airdodging gives you more options but it was really hard for me to force myself to do it because it feels so passive, but i don't really think their is a better way a lot of times.

Did you get edgeguarded a lot in marth puff? I felt that you didn't know all the mixups to recover... I wish I had known that you were gonna play him, i would have told you some marth jiggs stuff cuz you're really good at most aspects of the matchup but you don't know a lot of the little tricks... also if your throw game was better it would be over lol.
Yeah I got ***** recovering rofl.

Would type more but I g2g.

Vaccine

Smash Journeyman
when u guys grab a character that has just gotten up from the ledge which way do u like to throw them?
im trying to develop my throw game.
also which character, what %, and why?

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
generally I throw them off-stage but I occasionally mix it up with dthrow. A dthrow near the ledge is powerful because dsmash covers no tech, tech in place, and tech toward the ledge, or what the oldschool called the "Tech check". I've found that a surprisingly large amount of my high percentage kills are tech checks. Also it can be taken a step further by conditioning the opponent. You can either always dsmash to condition them to tech away, or you can always try to punish the tech away (best option vs most mid and mid-high level peach mains since they habitually roll toward the stage in most cases.) to condition them to tech somewhere the dsmash covers.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
I throw them back on the stage...

Awesome Lulz, interesting DI.

and I get to do more unnecessary cool looking movements.. n_n;

unknown522

Some guy

Jiggs' initial crouch animation makes her go lower than usual, so she can go under falco/fox's grab (and certain character's jabs/f-tilts and stuff).

It's not really practical to try and time it, but you can happen to get lucky with it.

I just jab until they break out and fall to their death.
if they're half-decent, just lucky, or not holding down, then they'll grab the edge

OverLord

Smash Ace
I'm pretty confident PAL dair would've been enough to take the stock there as well, even if mango had meteor cancelled it. :p
Yeah, I thought so too.
^Yep, definitely. And I usually Dair in PAL anyway, so Puff is gonna lose jumps, and you can Dair more.

I lol'd at Brookman's post. That's like 2013 metagame, dude
M2K did it in 1998.

Come here in 10 days and I'll **** you man. As always.

oliman

Smash Journeyman
which character do you think works best with falco in doubles? (besides fox)
and what do you guys think of a falco - peach team? for some reason, the idea is really appealing to me

Top Bottom