• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

Jake13

Smash Lord
i like falco peach

but even more so falco falcon

dair to knee, shine to knee, uptilt to knee... the list goes forever

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I like Falco Jigglypuff. Falco forces shields more than anyone, aka Falco grabs anyone more than anyone. Rest *****s all day.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
I like playing Falco with fast characters. I'm a big fan of Falco + Falcon because Falco can just pop people up and let Falcon uair + knee **** them from there. I think Sheik is also a pretty good option.
i find falco + sheik is weak because both characters are quite slow. That said i think falco + puff *****... but that's because falco's lasers & ability to sneak in grabs more than make up for his inability to catch up to her.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I don't play teams with enough different characters to know for sure, but Falco and Falcon is a great combination from what I've seen of S2J and Westballs because of the strong momentum the two characters can abuse together.

Falco and Peach seems cool since Peach can tank to make up for Falco dying but that's literally about all I could say besides Peach floating above Falco's lasers or something lol.

It's all mostly theory to me besides Fox and I know that's great haha.

D

Deleted member

falco doesn't particularly play any given role in teams, but he's also not that fast either. the obvious answers here are fox and jigglypuff.

Beat!

Smash Master
Peach and Sheik?

Armada and Aniolas say hi.

Or Ar2King, if you prefer them.

The combination is pri' **** nonetheless.

oliman

Smash Journeyman
whats the best method to get guys on platforms (not the top ones) when youre below them? i see zhu use uair, but i see shiz shine :/

Veetaak

Smash Lord
whats the best method to get guys on platforms (not the top ones) when youre below them? i see zhu use uair, but i see shiz shine :/
Both ways are good but different characters/situations/maps might make one of them a better choice. You could also bair them if they are on high % or just try to get them as they try to get down from the platform

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
That's true, Upsmash has situational uses as well for this instance and could get more mileage on the whole than what it does currently.

I'll use uptilt on YS too.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I use up smash underneath platforms versus characters like sheik the most often. I've found that it outright kos her with surprising frequency. Shield stabs fairly often, too.

crush

Smash Master
I remember at my first tourney i combod thorns fawks with 2 usmashes a forward smash and a side b lol. It was on battlefield going through the two side platforms and i was gonna edge cancel the side b into retreating double jump dair but i messed up the edge cancel

:phone:

Veetaak

Smash Lord
I love Usmash.
I once Fsmashed my friends Fox to the left of YStory, I saw that the cloud was out so I jumped on it and Usmashed my friends Firefox on the cloud hitting him with an angle which made him die off of the side

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
I don't like how Sion plays at all.
I can actually appreciate a lot of the things he does, very underrated / overlooked player.

I think playing in the East Coast has really changed my mentality. I'm not sure what I was afraid of or why I held myself back by thinking things were gay / dumb / other scrub-like things or how I even got this far thinking that way, but I'm gonna try my best to really take a pp self analysis and really consciously think about my game for once. This mentality made a clear difference going from a tourny a week ago to the most recent one, and I'm actually kind of excited to see where it'll take me.

More to come!

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Normally I agree with you, Zhu, but whenever I watch Sion play, "how is this guy even winning? ****ing shield grab him, holy ****!" runs through my head a thousand times a match. The guy really does not understand the concept of delayed aerials at all.

Also he dairs far too much.

Seriously, the guy plays really inefficiently.

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
Normally I agree with you, Zhu, but whenever I watch Sion play, "how is this guy even winning? ****ing shield grab him, holy ****!" runs through my head a thousand times a match. The guy really does not understand the concept of delayed aerials at all.

Also he dairs far too much.

Seriously, the guy plays really inefficiently.
I'm not too sure. When I watch him play, I don't really see too many openings for shield grabs. I know from playing people like Diakanos that BC's not afraid to shield grab, so I'm pretty sure most of Sion's aerials are good. I'll definitely take another look at his matches though, but my impression was that he's a faster and less indecisive version of me who likes dair a lot LOL.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
from what I've seen, I've seen differently. People give his pressure a little too much respect when they should try to disrespect it a little more often.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I can actually appreciate a lot of the things he does, very underrated / overlooked player.

I think playing in the East Coast has really changed my mentality. I'm not sure what I was afraid of or why I held myself back by thinking things were gay / dumb / other scrub-like things or how I even got this far thinking that way, but I'm gonna try my best to really take a pp self analysis and really consciously think about my game for once. This mentality made a clear difference going from a tourny a week ago to the most recent one, and I'm actually kind of excited to see where it'll take me.

More to come!
Ohhh, that's pretty cool that you are able to think like that now. Enough of that WC brainwashing. =P No but seriously, it's really cool =)

from what I've seen, I've seen differently. People give his pressure a little too much respect when they should try to disrespect it a little more often.
Not really, we are simply respecting at his improvement, ya when you watch videos.. of course you'll see all the openings super easy but it's easier said than done when you play a MM or tourney match. Like when I watched Eggm vs Linguini yesterday, in the beginning I was like wow fail punish like x100 times but eventually I just let that go and enjoyed the match. That way it's much more respectful and more fun.

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
if anything an unoptimized style can work well, possibly better, given that the player is good at scaring people

compare darkrain's falcon to hax's for example

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I don't really watch videos for fun anymore. I'm more interested in critical analysis.

Anyways I really want to watch a ****load of videos over the next few days. Can people recommend several videos showcasing good examples of the following things in as many different scenarios as possible?

Falco on the defensive versus another Falco, Peach, Marth, Fox
Falco edge guarding Marth, Fox
Falco approaching Ganon
Falco vs Doctor Mario

I want to see how other people address the following things, since those are some of my biggest weaknesses

Top Bottom