• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Umbreon just changed his name lmao.

Something that's really bugging me with Falco recently:

You're Falco, and a character like Peach/Sheik/Marth/Fox is in your space. You've been forced to shield and you've been put into a situation where you're either neutral on block, but in a disadvantageous situation, or you're negative on block. How do you deal with the RPS of block > shield, jab > jump/spot dodge, dash attack > roll/WD oos? I find that I always lose in this situation, especially versus those 4 characters.

Also, how do you train yourself to react better to being hit out of a move? I find that if my offence is interrupted, I more often than not lose that stock, whilst Falcos that are better at dealing with that situation can usually get away, maybe with some extra damage, but still have that stock for a little longer?

Erasor.

Smash Cadet
I am an excellent teacher. The few people I've taught have all had dramatic and notable fast improvement. Once you understand how smash really is, it's applicable to any character and just generally makes the game much easier regardless of skill level or opponent's skill level. I'm sure m2k, druggedfox, scar, and to a lesser extent dr pp will back me up on this.
Not sure why. But why are you posting as intuition when you are Umbreon?

D

Deleted member

you guys can say whatever you want, i just offered to help zhu.

so chinese IMO

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Umbreon just changed his name lmao.

Something that's really bugging me with Falco recently:

You're Falco, and a character like Peach/Sheik/Marth/Fox is in your space. You've been forced to shield and you've been put into a situation where you're either neutral on block, but in a disadvantageous situation, or you're negative on block. How do you deal with the RPS of block > shield, jab > jump/spot dodge, dash attack > roll/WD oos? I find that I always lose in this situation, especially versus those 4 characters.

Also, how do you train yourself to react better to being hit out of a move? I find that if my offence is interrupted, I more often than not lose that stock, whilst Falcos that are better at dealing with that situation can usually get away, maybe with some extra damage, but still have that stock for a little longer?
Its kinda hard to picture a scenario where I will both be disadvantaged via spacing, AND also negative on block.

What I mean is, if I'm disadvantaged because my opponent is spacing low lag moves on my shield and shine oos won't hit, then you can almost garuanteed get away with Laser oos, wavedash backwards out of shield, or just rolling to gtfo out of there.
If I'm disadvantaged because my opponent has a good +/- on my block, then shine oos still beats almost everything OR it probably means they are hitting with close range moves directly on top of my shield and you can get away with rolling or something becuse they can;t cover all those options (see Peachs fair->jab/grab for example).

I can't think of a situation that occurs frequently where I will both be at a loss for spacing and frame advantage.
When all else fails, I just hold my shield a little longer until the situation improves. Yea I know that may sound really dumb/intuitive but I'm being serious. Shielding longer than expected can lead to great outcomes.

also, $20 on sion.

Sion

Island of Horizon
lmao you guys
i don't even know where you get your confidence in me

unfortunately, i will not be attending g2

and it's not even about rubyiris thinking he's better than i am, he just hates me as a player. *shrug*

Sion

Island of Horizon
you're too kind, mastershake

anyways, i shouldn't derail this thread anymore than i already have

there are some really great posts for aspiring falcos to read up on

i hope to contribute here someday :)

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
What Sion said is the truth. I have never said, or even implied that I am a better player. He's already proven that he's superior to me. All I mentioned is that I think he has really poor move choice.

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
What Sion said is the truth. I have never said, or even implied that I am a better player. He's already proven that he's superior to me. All I mentioned is that I think he has really poor move choice.
Clearly from the money he's won in Canada, his move choices are pretty rich.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yo that was the first thing i was bout to post. i saw your pool rubyiris and i was like...damn.

if it's top 3 you have a chance. but you'll have to pull it out vs 1 of those other 3. i'd say westballz or DoH is your better shot. after tect beat kage, i figure that guys kinda good. of course, you've beaten axe, so anythings possible.

unknown522

Some guy
lmao you guys
i don't even know where you get your confidence in me

unfortunately, i will not be attending g2

and it's not even about rubyiris thinking he's better than i am, he just hates me as a player. *shrug*
you're mad good. Watching you play and playing with you.

Also, yeah he disapproves your playstyle. Ah well. I like it when people improve in their own way, or improve on what they like doing (drephen for example).

D

Deleted member

nah, it's just different. sion is a **** player in general and i'd be jealous of such an unpredictable style if i didn't already play the same way with fox :)

Divinokage

Smash Legend
yo that was the first thing i was bout to post. i saw your pool rubyiris and i was like...damn.

if it's top 3 you have a chance. but you'll have to pull it out vs 1 of those other 3. i'd say westballz or DoH is your better shot. after tect beat kage, i figure that guys kinda good. of course, you've beaten axe, so anythings possible.
Ya Tect is really good too, you cannot sleep on him.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah, that's what i'm saying. i'd figure he has a better chance vs DoH or westballz than tect.

i'd rather that pool get moved around though. i don't really wanna see any of those four get knocked out first round. there are definitely weaker pools where any of those four could get second seed rather than being knocked out lol.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
The pool was already fixed. I'm in a pool with PPU, Myko, ESAM, Eikelmann, and BadGuy. From what Vman was telling me, pretty much the whole MBR was like THIS POOL SHOULD NOT HAPPEN.

DoH was probably my best chance at winning, though. I have a very solid Peach game, and from what I've observed, his Falco game is weak.

Anyways, my biggest concern is ESAM. He's legit, but I think I can beat him if I really study hard. Anyone want to recommend me some good Falco vs Samus material?

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
The pool was already fixed. I'm in a pool with PPU, Myko, ESAM, Eikelmann, and BadGuy. From what Vman was telling me, pretty much the whole MBR was like THIS POOL SHOULD NOT HAPPEN.

DoH was probably my best chance at winning, though. I have a very solid Peach game, and from what I've observed, his Falco game is weak.

Anyways, my biggest concern is ESAM. He's legit, but I think I can beat him if I really study hard. Anyone want to recommend me some good Falco vs Samus material?
Heres one, your fav. falco

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRhXq9_bXoc

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
lol at finding the rare jmh vid.

see if you can find any phanna vs shiz. Pp vs hugs existed for a friendly or two, and moose vs duck might be useful to watch too.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
My favorite Falco is Vman, actually. :p

Mahone, do you ever have anything nice to say?

I'm watching some Zhu vs DJ atm. Zhu's giving me some good ideas.

Top Bottom