• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

Mahone

Smash Champion
the thing about mahone is that he doesn't have any honor and plays wack as ****, but i think deep down hes an alright guy.

@ruby: if you think about it, what i said was a nice thing about DoH :)

JPOBS

Smash Hero
this one time mahone told PP that he was good at the puff matchup vs hbox because PP had trained him previously.

I'd say that counts.

Vaccine

Smash Journeyman
The pool was already fixed. I'm in a pool with PPU, Myko, ESAM, Eikelmann, and BadGuy. From what Vman was telling me, pretty much the whole MBR was like THIS POOL SHOULD NOT HAPPEN.

DoH was probably my best chance at winning, though. I have a very solid Peach game, and from what I've observed, his Falco game is weak.

Anyways, my biggest concern is ESAM. He's legit, but I think I can beat him if I really study hard. Anyone want to recommend me some good Falco vs Samus material?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mMAgNR4ohM&feature=channel_video_title

http://www.youtube.com/user/Juggleguy#p/u/14/iNJbNzk91YI

G

genkaku

I get hit with marth's dash attack a lot more than I should, usually in the middle of a SHL or something. What's the proper response?

Sion

Island of Horizon
I get hit with marth's dash attack a lot more than I should, usually in the middle of a SHL or something. What's the proper response?
fake a shl and triangle dash into his dash attack or something gimmicky like that LOL

i try to stay grounded when i'm in marth's dash attack range
or run up to him a bit, shield, and gauge his response
a dash attack on shield should be a free something oos

and shooting really low lasers is good too

AvengerAngel

Smash Journeyman
I know this has probably been discussed a million times already, but I can't understand if Uthrow > Shine is a legit combo on spacies. And if it is, at what %s and DIs does it work?
I used to shine the other Falco before he could do that to me, but I've recently played with a quite fast Falco player and I couldn't do it anymore. We were getting lots of Uthrow > Shine combos to work D:
Does anyone know how it works?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Too much of my time?? Huh?? Who do you think I am? lol. I'm just a regular person, you make it seem like using the warrior's time is a waste of time lol. Just come play and MM, I give free hugs and I play everyone. =)
aight son. then $5 falco $5 ic's LETS GO

Moooose

Smash Champion
here's me vs duck(he beat DoH at hope 3), although it might be less useful because i rely more on how well i know him than the actual matchup.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mMAgNR4ohM

basically laser grab is good, wd out of shield if you block any of her attacks, try to react to her surprise grabs with a jump out of shield (spotdodge/roll away is too fast sometimes), learn what combos and what doesnt. if you're not sure if your move will string into another one, better to wait for the counterattack then punish that. that grapple is really punishable also, if you can ensure that you have the edge when she's hanging, you get a free hit at least.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
here's me vs duck(he beat DoH at hope 3), although it might be less useful because i rely more on how well i know him than the actual matchup.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mMAgNR4ohM

basically laser grab is good, wd out of shield if you block any of her attacks, try to react to her surprise grabs with a jump out of shield (spotdodge/roll away is too fast sometimes), learn what combos and what doesnt. if you're not sure if your move will string into another one, better to wait for the counterattack then punish that. that grapple is really punishable also, if you can ensure that you have the edge when she's hanging, you get a free hit at least.
Was this intended for the critique thread where I posted my matches vs a Samus player?

But hey, I learned quite useful things from watching your video, thank you. =D

EDIT: forget about it, I saw Rubyiris' post. xD The video was still helpful for me.

mers

Smash Ace
No. Mahone is a really nice nice, humble, helpful guy. I've never met Mango, and he seems pretty cool, but I don't think humble is a term most people would apply to him.

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
Anyone have any idea about this "new type of shield pressure" Mango said he invented in Stab's podcast?

Do you think it's a drastic change or just a small alteration? It's always a good thing when you minimize the chances of being shined oos.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Its probably nothing special, just another alteration. I also highly doubt its something truly "new" that no one's thought of. Hopefully we'll see though =P

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
wait... what exactly is mango's new shield pressure?
I honestly don't know, but I was watching him vs Taj on livestream and something something about it seemed...different. I don't know how to explain it but a couple other people on the stream noticed it as well.

Seemed like he actually spaces his shines just a little farther from shields...if that's possible.

G

genkaku

I saw the spaced shines, more shine grabs, and some weird SHLshineSHLturnaround stuff.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I thought he was just spamming early aerials on shield vs Taj the first time around haha
I also saw him getting people with funny DCs

*Run up fadeback Nair Fsmash*

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I have no idea what it stands for
If you want Mango Jman from Pound 4 or 5 Waffles comments on Jman getting DCed (and no one else gets it)

It's just a weird name for fadeaway aerial to bait shield grabs

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Good to know pp loses to the same BS jab/dash attack pressure from peach. Now I badnt feel as bad.

PP learn how to beat this! D:

:phone:

Top Bottom