• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
So when's this MM with teh Mangopuff?
I would've ***** it even while sick. His Puff's too old school rofl.

Its probably nothing special, just another alteration. I also highly doubt its something truly "new" that no one's thought of. Hopefully we'll see though =P
It's double shine like I expected, but he mixes in wavelands on platforms and Dairs/lasers off of the platforms to reset the pressure. Super tight.

Good to know pp loses to the same BS jab/dash attack pressure from peach. Now I badnt feel as bad.

PP learn how to beat this! D:

:phone:
ok

orly? that's interesting, nm then. PP stop sucking you scrub.
ok

Wow. The same thing happen to hbox back in Pound V. that sucks. Maybe if he wasn't sick, he probably would have been in GF.
I'm only gonna do this once(hopefully).

I was sick the whole time whereas Hbox threw up for a while then recovered. I ran out of energy and forgot how to play the game sometimes.

My thread, my johns.

props for going. Were you sick on the week over or did it just kinda catch up to you from the trip??
I started feeling bad Monday and it got worse and was at its lowest point on Friday/Saturday I think. I'm still feeling awful and will be seeing a doctor tomorrow.

haha, then how did mango lose?
He didn't want it badly enough imo, but gameplay wise he ran at floaties like an idiot half the time.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
PP, being sick isn't a john. I've done it myself on several occasions. I've found that everything is sluggish. I can't think as well, even at a subconscious level, my motor skills are severely lessened, and often times I just don't even WANT to play.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
i dont find pp being sick a john.

btw pp, dont get sick on me at apex. i wanna have some friendlys with you.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
PP, being sick isn't a john. I've done it myself on several occasions. I've found that everything is sluggish. I can't think as well, even at a subconscious level, my motor skills are severely lessened, and often times I just don't even WANT to play.
I legit forgot how to play Melee some it was so bad LOL.

i dont find pp being sick a john.

btw pp, dont get sick on me at apex. i wanna have some friendlys with you.
Okay I'm gonna do everything in my power to stay well haha. And I'm always down to friendly. =)

so pp....did you play any friendlies against mango's puff?
Yes and I ***** it LOL. It's so old school. XD

strawhats

Smash Master
I also wish to friendly you a little more (moreso than Pound V) at Apex. So what you're saying is it seems Mango's fox/falco seem to be the way to go. The guy has slowly moved away from playing puff. For all those people *****ing that mango didn't go puff in GFs against armada, armada would've probably camped/***** it with YL.

Also Who did mango use in teams to beat you and m2k?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
He went Falco, which was a no-brainer against us. He was going double Fox with Lucky before that.

And yeah the Puff seems to be retired but his spacies are so good now that he just-

ehhh not doin that rant today LOL but just know I'm mad at Mango for being dumb.

Thanks Teczero. =)

SmashMac

Smash Lord
PP, just hope you're on your A game when you're playing against me at APEX 'cause I will pull out my beast gloves son.

strawhats

Smash Master
He went Falco, which was a no-brainer against us. He was going double Fox with Lucky before that.

And yeah the Puff seems to be retired but his spacies are so good now that he just-

ehhh not doin that rant today LOL but just know I'm mad at Mango for being dumb.

Thanks Teczero. =)
Wait wut? what is this I don't even

and yeah mango's puff seems to have reached its climax in the metagame like last year at Pound IV. He could probably beat hbox in dittos still, m2k, and maybe even armada if armada doesn't go YL, but that fox/falco are mad good.

Speaking of YL...seems puff has it kryptonite.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
If it's really Hbox rather than the character, it would really support what Mango says about people who "play gay" and how they cap out after a certain point.

Brookman

Smash Hero
I think Hbox can develope tools to handle armada's young link but I also imagine it must be hard to find good YL practice. If anything, I think he should go with falcon.. . . . or YL. . . LOL!!!

If he develops his own YL then he can safely double blind Armada since YL can handle peach as well.

YL dittos would be AMAZING.

strawhats

Smash Master
so hbox's sheik does exist. I knew about the falco, and ness, and possibly falcon(every good played has a falcon)

strawhats

Smash Master
yo pp, how did you know shroomed would figure axe out. You said it was very possible that shroomed could beat axe the next time they played. also what did dr. midnight do different'y against you?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I didn't know Shroomed would figure Axe out I just know Shroomed has heart and gets better a lot. Figured with the matchup the way it was it couldn't be that impossible to happen.

And he camped better against me and played me late in the day.

strawhats

Smash Master
I didn't know Shroomed would figure Axe out I just know Shroomed has heart and gets better a lot. Figured with the matchup the way it was it couldn't be that impossible to happen.

And he camped better against me and played me late in the day.
did you and axe get any friendlies in? also yeah dajuan is mad legit, *****s don't know about that doc. I wonder how armada vs shroomed would've gone?

Also I'm sure you'll get him next time..same with fly/taj.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
No I didn't want to friendly anyone(or play Melee), much less vs someone talented lol. Axe is too humble to ask me, soooooo

And thanks. =)

strawhats

Smash Master
wow...that bad huh. When i get sick I feel like ****, and can sometimes be the biggest baby. Props to you for at least trying and getting 7th.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Hbox can probably go fox and do reasonably well; he's a smart player with a good character... I think he can run around grab upsmash bair and laser and be fine.

PP, sorry to hear you were sick; looking forward to seeing you playing at the top of your game soon ^_^

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
i mean hbox could always just learn at least some little inkling of the YL matchup instead of picking up sheik, it'd probably work out better for him.

unknown522

Some guy
I'm afraid of reading this thread.

I'll do that tomorrow but I have a good deal I want to write about eventually too so there's something positive. =)
don't worry. It's mostly positive posts.

Hbox will go Sheik I'm pretty sure.

Guess we'll see where the CPs go though.
I think he'll still lose to armada with shiek. That matchup is not as bad as some people make it out to be. Even space animals do better vs YL.

Personally though, if he wants to do YL's worst matchup, he should go falcon. + Armada's bad vs falcon in general too, so that should be more incentive.

G

genkaku

it looked like hbox thought that Armada's win at pound V was a fluke and that he would be able to overcome such a cop-out strategy with sheer persistence.
unfortunately he made absolutely no adjustment and lost in exactly the same way.

emphasis on cop-out, lol

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yo hbox was trying to adjust mad hard. he tried to camp back, he tried different ways to approach, and he even tried fighting his way through ylink's projectile spam in the last match.

armada just put a ton of practice into that matchup, definitely figured out a great shutdown strategy for jigglypuff.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
No I didn't want to friendly anyone(or play Melee), much less vs someone talented lol. Axe is too humble to ask me, soooooo

And thanks. =)
Daaamn. I'm sorry I asked you to play with us the second day of the tournament then. I just thought you looked bored. Thanks for being so nice and playing when you didn't feel like it and owning us all.

Top Bottom