• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Hahaha dude seriously don't worry about it. I was there so if I could at least make people's day(s) better than why not? Hanging out and meeting new people and playing friendlies with whoever wanted to was definitely the better part of the tourney for me haha. =)

strawhats

Smash Master
yo hbox was trying to adjust mad hard. he tried to camp back, he tried different ways to approach, and he even tried fighting his way through ylink's projectile spam in the last match.

armada just put a ton of practice into that matchup, definitely figured out a great shutdown strategy for jigglypuff.
and people wonder why mango didn't go puff against armada in GFs

unknown522

Some guy
it looked like hbox thought that Armada's win at pound V was a fluke and that he would be able to overcome such a cop-out strategy with sheer persistence.
unfortunately he made absolutely no adjustment and lost in exactly the same way.

emphasis on cop-out, lol
yo hbox was trying to adjust mad hard. he tried to camp back, he tried different ways to approach, and he even tried fighting his way through ylink's projectile spam in the last match.

armada just put a ton of practice into that matchup, definitely figured out a great shutdown strategy for jigglypuff.
the problem was that he didn't adjust. He didn't improve on the matchup a single bit. All the things that he should've been doing last time, he still did not do (except he tried to u-air a few times I guess).

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
OOS? armada wasn't even anywhere near hbox's shield. if puff shields that just gives ylink the opportunity to keep running away.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
He didn't have answers to modern pressure and just didn't have tight spacing....or just didn't have the right movement patterns. It just felt old school based on how easily I could follow and pressure it like I can to old school players that get overwhelmed by tech skill. I wish I could explain it better than that.

L__

Smash Master
dr. peepeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I want to play you more when you aren't sick at the next tournament we're both at

strawhats

Smash Master
He didn't have answers to modern pressure and just didn't have tight spacing....or just didn't have the right movement patterns. It just felt old school based on how easily I could follow and pressure it like I can to old school players that get overwhelmed by tech skill. I wish I could explain it better than that.
Hopefully someone recorded you're friendlies with him.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
when i'm sick, i can't even enjoy a tv show.

i couldn't imagine how annoying it would be to feel like **** while being so obligated to go to, enter, and try to win a semi-international tournament of any kind.

unknown522

Some guy
OOS? armada wasn't even anywhere near hbox's shield. if puff shields that just gives ylink the opportunity to keep running away.
I mean he should've used his shield too of course. You can beat majority of item throwing camping strategies that way. It's a shame that YL only has 2 jumps. Also, the fact that he both has 2 jumps, and less air mobility than jiggs, he can cut him off and catch him running away (of course you have to put some though into it, but it's not beyond Hbox I hope).

I personally want to MM armada's YL with jiggs (not intending to sound cocky). Also, his peach with my marth.

Mahone

Smash Champion
Thats really interesting... good job ****** him even when you were sick lol...

do you know if any got recorded?
also, what was his reaction to the ****? Was he just like "I hate this matchup" or did he want to keep playing it?

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
I think one of the old school puff would be like bair then the puff player would assume that you would jump oos then bair you again.

correct me if im wrong.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
I don't see that as a put down.

I'm sorry that my theory for puff is different from the rest. LOL.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Right ...

My point was you can't classify an entire generation of Puffs with one very specific habit <.<

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
dr. peepeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I want to play you more when you aren't sick at the next tournament we're both at
Absolutely =)

I wanted to introduce myself to you PP during our pools games, but you looked like you were having a terrible day. I'll chat with you at Apex instead. =)

:phone:
Yeah I heard you were at this tournament and was wondering who you were. I would've been friendly if you introduced yourself to me but it was hard maintaining a good attitude towards everyone(last day I gave up and everyone who asked me how I was doing I said "still sick ugh" LOL).

Apex sounds good dude. =)

Hopefully someone recorded you're friendlies with him.
We played on the recording setup!

when i'm sick, i can't even enjoy a tv show.

i couldn't imagine how annoying it would be to feel like **** while being so obligated to go to, enter, and try to win a semi-international tournament of any kind.
When you just want to sleep or leave, it's a pretty sucky feeling.

I met your friend btw! We took a picture for you. =p

Thats really interesting... good job ****** him even when you were sick lol...

do you know if any got recorded?
also, what was his reaction to the ****? Was he just like "I hate this matchup" or did he want to keep playing it?
It got recorded but idk what YT channel it'll be on.

He just said he hates the matchup and knew he'd get *****. He went back to spacies rather quickly lol.

I think one of the old school puff would be like bair then the puff player would assume that you would jump oos then bair you again.

correct me if im wrong.
I think that's newer stuff but the type of Bairs may be more important while that idea stayed the same, I'm not sure.

D

Deleted member

no you're right, hbox definitely looked off against armada. the lack of any real pressure hurt.

on that note, i think mango should have played puff as well. armada's plan for puff pretty clearly was switching to YL, something that's way too dangerous vs mango since he can go fox/falco in the blind. puff would have been great in the first match, and for CPs when winner picks character first.

strawhats

Smash Master
****....glad to hear that pp vs mango (puff/falco/fox vs falco) freindlies were recorded. That mango puff, so salty. I remember during WGF on livestream, mango said something like my puff would get *****. Guy already knew

G

genkaku

I think that mango's whole intent for genesis 2 was a) to prove he's still the best and b) to show what he can do with fox.
i.e. going puff would be irrelevant, 'cause winning =/= the best.

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
Mango going fox was a site to see.
His Fox is sooo good. It's really aggressive which has both positive and negative aspects. Not to mention Mango is so technically sound he has 100% controller of his character and can pretty much do anything. I seen him warming up before he played M2K and he did like 20 JC shines no problem. That's hard to do (I use the controller stick so I haven't really tried, but yeah).

G

genkaku

Does mango's fox just have a really aggressive playstyle complete with flaws, or can mango not be bothered to slow down and fix the flaws?
I heard Lucky say that when mango plays aggro it's just to show that he can go all out all the time, that he doesn't have to play "right" to outplay you.
I can't decide whether this is true or an exaggeration 'cause I've never actually seen it or talked with him in person, haha.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yeah mango does mess up when he is playing aggro. he does well though, great DI, AMAZING ground techs and platform techs to get out of stuff, and really brilliant shield mixups that no one else does. he does mess up because of miss-spacing and even missed l-cancels or not jumping out of shines. but still

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
choknater said:
he does well though, great DI, AMAZING ground techs and platform techs to get out of stuff
yeah, i thought his di/recovery were equally impressive. those things and the techs really augmented his ability to play so aggressively, as he survived a # of hits/punishes that could (maybe should?) have resulted in early deaths/rapid loss of stocks

Top Bottom