• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* V Melee Results and Shoutouts Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
I just realized something.

Plank opted to pay the hotel peope, who he signed papers and had everything in writing with because they were more of a threat probably.

He can take time and find ways to pay the smashers (guess he figured you guys would be a bit more understanding).

I bet plank.....

L.

Afked.

than logged out.

Laijin

Smash Hero
I'm done with this thread. Ya'll kids keep arguing. Good luck with your imaginary lawsuits and lawyer fees of $200/hr. Peace.
lol this.
Plank doesn't have money. The dude is pretty broke and is obviously in the negative end of things. If he doesn't make much money to begin with, what makes you think your gonna receive much money from even being successful in a lawsuit? On top of that you're gonna have a lot of lawyer fees to pay and such leaving yourself in the negative as well.
Good luck kids.

Actually, a lot of companies gamble in the same way Plank did. They have to try to make estimation on how many people they expect will buy their product, then sell it all to make a profit. While this is not necessarily a profit enterprise, I am not quiet sure what alternatives Plank has for having a tournament without making some assumptions over how many people will be showing up.

The ironic thing to this whole piece was that players actually had the assumption that they would place high enough to earn their money back and more. Armada's says he expected to win some money from this tournament before even knowing he would place high enough even get anything. So, spending all this money to go to a tournament you may or may not get money out of is a gamble in itself. I find it really crazy you can go to a tournament of this size and expect to win. Everyone should be prepared to expect a blow financially.

Roller

Smash Legend
Ankoku said:
Dear Roller,

You have received a 1 point infraction at Smash World Forums for Minor Spam. If you have six or more infraction points, you will no longer be able to post at Smash World Forums until some of your points expire.

For a full explanation of the rules and a detailed list of infractions, please review the Global Rules.

Original Post:
[post]12315384[/post]

GofG YOU ARE A GOD.
If you have a question about this infraction, please contact the moderator who issued it. If that does not resolve the issue, visit Forum Support.

Remember that, unless specified otherwise, all infractions expire.

All the best,
the Smash World Forums staff
I love this thread.

DJRome

Smash Hero
i like how you guys try to rationalize plank's actions into a conclusion to anything BUT that he should pay all prizes

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
The ironic thing to this whole piece was that players actually had the assumption that they would place high enough to earn their money back and more. Armada's says he expected to win some money from this tournament before even knowing he would place high enough even get anything. So, spending all this money to go to a tournament you may or may not get money out of is a gamble in itself. I find it really crazy you can go to a tournament of this size and expect to win. Everyone should be prepared to expect a blow financially.
@Crystal: When you are players like Ally, Anti, Mew2King, Armada, or Dr. Peepee it's not a question of "IF"; it's more like a question of how much.

@Ally: Send him a message, e-mail, or something. Tell him you want to talk to him. Get clarification. Get details. Get understanding. If you do all of those things first before getting mad you might realize you're not as screwed as you originally thought.

The same applies to all of you.

Loota

Smash Journeyman
ONE MORE!!!!!!!!
You late.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 220 (156 members and 64 guests)
Draver, HyugaRicdeau, Col. Stauffenberg, thumbswayup, Hax, vVv Rapture, SpongeJordan, D20, GOTM, (Lux), BetaBahamut, Geist, Alex Strife, Idea, Kappy, Mogwai, Zucco, _Yes!_, GofG, Oro?!, Pakman, Plairnkk, Ninja Edd, -Shiro-, Ndot, Sade, Drolian, -Darc-, Terror Bird, hoppis, AllyKnight, Rykoshet, Smoom Boom, Xiao-Xiao, Ripple, King~, Boxman X, GMMA ANTi, Illmatic., -Ran, Tee ay eye, SyOn, Diatenshi, Xyless, LightsOutAce, billybeegood, Bl@ckChris, Euclid, milesg2g, Xdeath, Laijin, DarkISDA, Roxas215, JPOBS, yoshiiscool, Karibola, CY, Angel.M <3 C:, TwentyTwo, crismas, iamthemicrowave, Skully, meepxzero, VideoKidHEERO, Player-4, strawhats, Punishment Divine, NearZzz, Allied, etecoon, Cable, everlasting yayuhzz, Scar, Oskar, MechWarriorNY, vVv ChiboSempai, The King, ESOJOSE, Veetaak, ElNoNombreHombre, Steeler, vato_break, KORNNNNN~, clowsui, Mike2, PoundSlap, Armada, omniholy, Seagull Man, Redd, MaskedMarth, Atomsk_92, Rostigalen, Paju, Fliphopper, AlexoftheAura, ajp_anton, RTpmwe, stingers, So Fatal, pPp Suspect, ScaryLB59, DJRome, Albert., Ladybug, heytallman, masterdrenin, DRN°→, MeekSpeedy, -Doom-, Oriondaranger, Keitaro, Syko_Lemming, HyL!, Zorai, Aniolas, Croi, DAlegendarysamus, Ssonic, Demonique, Koru Barton, Slhoka, Akashi, The Foot, xXxCMONEYxXx, Mahie, AXE 09, illboyzeus, mr.fizwidget, Shadow 111, Saffy, __crystal____, Scythe, Knubs., Pyronic_Star, Razmakazi, vZakat, Micklem, Master Raven, BIG~L, festizzio

Euclid

Smash Journeyman
Real question is, why are Brawl players in the Melee thread? o.O I thought you guys have your own.

-Ran

Smash Master
The main thing that video gaming has with gambling is that in the laws, Video Poker, slots, etc is considered "video gaming." The laws that are constructed under that, aren't in reference to playing video games against each other for money, since "video gaming" is something completely different. I've had a few conversations with lawyers in Louisiana about this already, since 'Video Gaming' for money is illegal in New Orleans, but my tournaments are completely legal. =)

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
What the hell happened, Plank?

You, for all practical purposes, knew that the tourney's financial situation would lose you thousands of dollars. And you stayed quiet about it until two weeks after the fact.

I'm speechless.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
I haven't read the whole thread yet, but here is a possible "solution" :

Create a paypal fund for paying out the top 8 players according to what they should have won.

Cap it at whatever the total prize money was supposed to be. Then divide it up in terms of percentage of payouts. If we fail to reach the cap of what it was actually supposed to be, then just use whatever we have an divide it up at that point.
The only exception is armada because he was going to pay back everyone because the community payed for his ticket.

So yea, Payout Community Fund?

idea

Smash Master
welp, hope this gets worked out somehow =/

anyone have a link to

stuff that happened at SNES
or
stuff that happened at OC3?

i've never seen it stated explicitly what happened at either.

...and lol at all the judge judy posts

edit: **** yeah top of the page

ADHD

Smash Hero
Seriously this is not cool. He's running away from his problems because he knows.

We have alot of huge black men in this community. Can we get you guys to gather together and help us get our money back? I'm sure this plan is FOOLPROOF. God made the black man to get dat money through physical-binding force!

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
Chibo stoked to see someone else fail massively as a TO other than himself.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Armada's says he expected to win some money from this tournament before even knowing he would place high enough even get anything. So, spending all this money to go to a tournament you may or may not get money out of is a gamble in itself.
Afaik, he borrowed the Genesis2 money only after Plank told him how much he would get.

... that post was also infracted. This thread is just moving incredibly quickly, give the mods a couple minutes to react to the blatantly spamming/trolling/flaming posts.
Even with almost 10 moderators lurking this thread? I guess the infraction process is longer than I thought.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Seriously this is not cool. He's running away from his problems because he knows.

We have alot of huge black men in this community. Can we get you guys to gather together and help us get our money back? I'm sure this plan is FOOLPROOF. God made the black man to get dat money through physical-binding force!
Quoting a legendary post

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
I have no idea what the laws are in DC, but as a law major I can safely say that in NY state at least, verbal contracts are binding and what was posted in the OP of the Pound 5 thread, about payouts, can most likely be considered a verbal contract. What must be taken into account though is that we have no actual proof of the final amount of entrants/what they payed to my knowledge, and to be honest, I'm not sure how such a case would hold up in court.

I can, however, tell you this: lawsuits are extraordinarily expensive. In a case like this where Discovery is a critical process the money is gonna add up fast, and regardless of what they tell you "You only pay us if you win!" you're held accountable for their expenses such as discovery and depositions, which cost a lot more than even Dr. PP probably won.

I can also tell you that posting stuff about this here is not helping your case at all if you do proceed with it, which I do not advise.

I don't know how I feel about this whole situation, but I can say that this isn't good for the community either way and I feel bad for all parties involved. However, we have to remember that we're relying on honor rules here. In the end, it's probably going to be up to Plank whether he pays you guys or not, which I hope he does.

That being said, continue to rant, you all have a right to be angry. I'm also not going to tell you to stop with this legal stuff, because that's up to you but I can, as someone who knows enough about the inner works of the legal system from ~3 years of legal studies, advise you to not do so at the cost of your own time + expenses.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
omg lmaooaklooolol

sucks for everyone involved, at the very least I think planks shud atleast refund the winners their entrances fees.

also darksyde, its clearly all planks fault, even though I believe he was just trying to run the best event he could. But it was still a pretty huge mistake and everyone has the right to be upset. Don't try to blame the community like it was our responsibility to make sure plank had his **** together

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
I have no idea what the laws are in DC, but as a law major I can safely say that in NY state at least, verbal contracts are binding and what was posted in the OP of the Pound 5 thread, about payouts, can most likely be considered a verbal contract.
i couldn't seem to find anything about payouts in the original pound 5 thread. am i blind?

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
LOL, Inui's banned, but yeahhhh

someone start posting Edgey Objection gifs.

Alex and Chibo going hard at failing TO's
No comment ;]

Much love to Chibo though.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Just so you guys know, if you do take legal action, please contact the hotel BEFORE HAND.

They can hold alot of power in proof.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
can this topic get back on topic?

shoutout to mogwai aka, prog's gangplank blows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom