• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* V Melee Results and Shoutouts Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roller

Smash Legend
Good **** to Chees3. I thought your pause DQ was an innovative way to work through a bracket, but this is on a whole other level. You managed to get hundreds more than 1st place. I commend you on your tactical innovations and prowess.

Please write a book.

Aniolas

Smash Ace
I feel so bad for my brother. His flight ticket was paid with the good player fund (feel sorry for you guys who donated aswell), but the whole trip cost much more than just the flight. He thought he would get some money from this after he placed 1st in teams and 2nd in singles, so he borrowed money from a friend to buy flight tickets to Genesis 2. Now he has no money and he owes other people a lot of money.

PoundSlap

Smash Journeyman
dr peepee payed about 2000$ for this event and armada about 1000$. credits to both for hosting this event.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
also: ppl dont realize that if he didnt use that money thered be NO POUND AT ALL. All in all i think 99% of ppl had a sweet time.

again, i still feel terrible for the winners
u are lying and wrong, since he has already said that he paid the money AFTER the tournament. if he was a man (and not, a little *****) then he would have paid out the winners with the money they earned and paid the hotel with his own money. but since he is not a man (and is, a ****ing loser), he stole their money and used it to pay his debt so he wouldn't have to deal with it himself. if thats the kind of guy u want to defend, be my ****ing guest, but that just says loads about ur character as well.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
My point is I can only see negative effects coming out of this. I doubt anyone would win and in the end everyone would lose money plus it would give us negative images as a community. If there are barely any chances for a positive outcome, why go through with it still? Explain.
As stated by others, something of this magnitude has happened in other communities. Even worse situations apparently. Also, I don't want a negative outcome either but, this is a negative act lol. Although there was no handshake agreement or contract we have result threads to prove how much the players we're supposed to be paid. I think that's a contract in it's own. Because if it isn't, all the hyped involved in Pound V would count as false advertisement claiming that it was a tourney.

Same LOL.

I was planning on studying...oh well :awesome:
Me too I can't study worth crap.

Also didn't this same thing happen to Ally @ like WinterFest? But Ally didn't sue. I don't think he's being rash here I think this is well over due lol.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
2. Gambling and Age
Given that this tournament had people below the age of 18 (not sure if it is 21 in that state) participate in the tournament, if you are under the legal age of Gambling in the state of Virginia, I suggest that you stop with any counterclaim.
Skill is involved. It shouldn't be gambling. If it was, MLG, EVO, WCG, etc wouldn't exist.

GofG

Smash Champion
Recently:

I picked up a money wire for $2000 from some associates in tucson az, with an (obviously not legally binding) contractual agreement that within a certain timeframe they would receive an order of psychedelic artwork printed on blotter paper.

I got it in cash and put it in my backpack (minus the profit that I was making on the deal) and drove to my good friends' house to see what they were offering for sale.

While I was up in that apartment, someone broke into my car and stole my backpack. I was now on the hook for two grand that I didn't have.

Plank is in the same spot. The difference is, you guys are being ****ing ****ies. I payed that money back as soon as possible, because i was afraid. I didn't even let them know that their money had been stolen; I made the money in other ways and the purchase and then shipped it to them.

In that world, there is no court. Maybe if Plank were organizing a group buy from a psychedelic artwork cartel, he'd be a little more scared. But unfortunately, the legal system is the obvious route to getting your money back, and that isn't really going to work, guys.

If he gets scared, though, I guarantee each of you will get a nice fat check.

Euclid

Smash Journeyman
No. They're little kids. And yes, I do live with my parents and play Smash and am 30 years old :D You'll be like me someday, just wait. It's a glorious life, believe it or not.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
u are lying and wrong, since he has already said that he paid the money AFTER the tournament. if he was a man (and not, a little *****) then he would have paid out the winners with the money they earned and paid the hotel with his own money. but since he is not a man (and is, a ****ing loser), he stole their money and used it to pay his debt so he wouldn't have to deal with it himself. if thats the kind of guy u want to defend, be my ****ing guest, but that just says loads about ur character as well.
I fully co-sign this post.

+5 respect points stingers.

Reidlos Toof

Foot Dive!
Please read this Everyone
For all those who are requesting a court option against plank in small claims court, let see what your case is. I'm sure enough of you have seen court shows.

1. Contractutal Agreements between the Smasher, and the Smashee (Known as Plank)

From what evidence is gathered, no one had a contracted agreement to be paid by Plank. Furthermore, while he is using the funds of the tournament to help pay for it, there was no estimation given by him to state how much he was going to pay the competitors.

2. Gambling and Age
Given that this tournament had people below the age of 18 (not sure if it is 21 in that state) participate in the tournament, if you are under the legal age of Gambling in the state of Virginia, I suggest that you stop with any counterclaim.

3. Fiscal Responsibility
Plank, knowing he had to use the entry fees and the Pot fee in order to pay for the tournament, took the risk of using the money to help pay for the cost of the hotel. This should come out of his pocket. I think everyone agrees it should, and that the total amount of the Pot should be posted, sorted, and given. Right now, people are trying to sue him without an amount that was promised to him. If we don't have this, we don't have a case.

I would like the sum of the pot, separated and stated on the board, so we have an idea on how much money is owed to each competitor.

Although I understand what you had to do, moral wise, you should pay the pot out of your pocket, Plank. However, those pursuing a lawsuit has no case unless he says the fund.

Can't sue him for fraud either, he made no profit, or intended to, to our knowledge.
1: Accepting money and recording a person's alias is a contractual obligation as long as the plaintiff can prove that the alias belongs to them. This can be proven in cases of authors who use pseudonyms having their pseudonyms used in place of their real names in book deals.

2: A competition is not gambling. This is a complete load of garbage used by ignorant people and liars.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
dr peepee payed about 2000$ for this event and armada about 1000$. credits to both for hosting this event.
rofl, agreed.

THANK YOU DR. PEEEPEEE AND ARMADA for hosting the tourny, im sure your winnings were worth it!

also

I feel so bad for my brother. His flight ticket was paid with the good player fund (feel sorry for you guys who donated aswell), but the whole trip cost much more than just the flight. He thought he would get some money from this after he placed 1st in teams and 2nd in singles, so he borrowed money from a friend to buy flight tickets to Genesis 2. Now he has no money and he owes other people a lot of money.
THIS. Plank thinks he HAD to make some decision by screwing everybody else over to fix his problems, but in the end he's causing other BIG money problems for people who didn't get paid.

Euclid

Smash Journeyman
No I am actually doing something with my life.
Don't you play Brawl? You'll be like me in time. Just wait :D 30 years old. Living at home. Playing WoW since I have no friends and pooping and peeing in socks because I'm too lazy to go to the restroom in my middle of my raid :D Yeah dude. Don't resist the good life. Embrace it. EMBRACE IT!

Albert.

Smash Master
If you don't think that Smash Bros. should be considered a competitive gaming sport (and thus protected by the rules and standards of competitive sports), and you instead think that Smash Bros. is gambling, (so basically no protection by the law)

...then why are you on this website in the first place?

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Ya know, watching this thread shows me how many of you smashers shouldn't consider business or law. Like don't to school for it. Plank is wrong in the end. The worst part about it is, can come on here and either switch their words, delete threads, and/or lie to defend themselves. lol

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe