• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* V Melee Results and Shoutouts Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

chinesahh

Smash Lord
should people not care for people in the middle east? what about starving children around the world? tsunami and haiti victims?

we are commiserating with our fellow smashers for a travesty that has occurred. the fact that you think as you do shows clearly your bias. we are simply voicing the injustice being done, much as any citizens of a democracy should
dude i said it bothered me, not that is wrong or shouldnt be done

and yeah im biased cuz i know how much actual headache, planning, and stress he went over with getting it organized. also its not like he made this decision on a whim and yes he prolly feels terrible. regardless, people had a GOOD time, and i think thats the main goal.

in anycase i still sympathize with the tournament placers, it sucks

MJG

Smash Hero
the winners really need to sue...100% serious. plank was way over his head and played with money he didn't have which is the stupidest action anyone can possibly make in life and it ended terribly, the fact he had the sheer audacity to promise the hotel rooms IS LAUGHABLE when dealing with a high-class establishment like a nice hotel such as this. **** plank, the dude's a ****ing moron and I 100% support anyone trying to sue his sorry ***...smh X1000

@chinesahh idc how tight you are with plank but the fact ur defending him is disgusting and the fact u think u have the right to tell people they shouldn't be mad is ****ing disturbing u piece of ****. you dont have to have won money or even have to have been there to be mad at this. **** like this is what gives the smash community such a bad name. ugh i'm ****ing LIVID at this and I wasn't even there. **** plank, **** ppl that arent mad because I dont think they realize how many ppl plank has screwed over in his selfishness. he deserves to lose everything to his name for ****ing up this badly.
Real Talk.

I didn't know that he promised hotel rooms though :embarrass:

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Damn, Coney just destroyed me.

If a tournament ever has pre-registering that has money to it I'm never going. I don't want this **** to happen again.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Also. As if people didn't respect the smash community enough. If you guys seriously sue Plank, preeetty sure that would make us look even worst. I thought this community was above that. There was no 100% contract other than a non-discussed understanding that the winners would get paid. Besides that, there was never any gaurentee you would get paid. Its just the expected outcome. You guys won't win. It'll be a waste of money in the end

ADHD

Smash Hero
I just have to say something after cooling off a bit (although I wasn't that angry, I'm always prepared for bull@#$% after SNES.)

The real crime is having players legitimately go out of their way to come to YOUR national, try their damn hardest with dozens of smashers cheering them on for the sake of the sport and then award them with nothing. Seriously, Dr. PP vs Armada were one of the most genuine and skilled sets I have ever seen in any melee era. Many people saved and spent hard to attend Pound 5, and we have a pot head like you who arrived unprepared, and simply shrug it out like a simple apologize will compensate for what occurred.

You are a disgrace to this gaming community and the damage is irreplaceable unless you find a way to come up with the large sums of money you owe (which you should). It's a question of moral standards at this point, because we officially signed no contract that legally binds us. It's whether you want to show your face at a tournament again because people will give you hell if they see you simply standing there like nothing ever happened at the next large smash event.

Now I hope, that you will redeem yourself and find some financial way to return what you need to.

So Fatal

Smash Master
Also. As if people didn't respect the smash community enough. If you guys seriously sue Plank, preeetty sure that would make us look even worst. I thought this community was above that. There was no 100% contract other than a non-discussed understanding that the winners would get paid. Besides that, there was never any gaurentee you would get paid. Its just the expected outcome. You guys won't win. It'll be a waste of money in the end
Ive seen way dumber **** on small claims. Pretty sure they have a really good chance.:reverse:

Alukard

Smash Hero
yo ... are u ****ing for real right now ? i can't even fathom words to describe how stupid u sound.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
chill with:

- the trolling
- the spam
- the verbal personal insults
- the instigating

it's cool to be mad, vent, etc. i don't care. but being mad doesn't grant anyone special priveleges to break forum rules.

my stance is that the winners got ****ed over and that **** sucks hardcore. and if plank has some kind of income they need to talk to him behind closed doors and work out a settlement. blowing a fuse like an angry black woman gets you exactly where you started from.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
shut up laijin u best of the worst looking scrub. ppl that actually did good are understandably mad that they didnt win money. i think the community letting this dude rob us would make us look even worse then suing wouldnt u?

Reidlos Toof

Foot Dive!
LOL It's is amazing to me how illegal that is. You can't just cut prize money because you messed up in another area of the tournament. That is an inherent risk of running a tournament, and is no one's fault but your own. Every single person you cut prize money from can and should sue you. That's like the state lottery saying "sorry, we are going through a deficit right now so we won't be paying this guy that just won". It may not be on that scale, but in some ways it's even worse, namely the fact that people actually competed and won with skill, rather than just random luck. They payed you, worked their ***** off, and won, and you are saying "oh sorry, I booked too many hotel rooms and it's everyone who didn't show up's fault, so I can't pay you."

PoundSlap

Smash Journeyman
you cant be so irrational and expect a crazy high entrants number. the last pound had almost every active smasher gathered so how many did plank expect to come more? i can never understand this and plank really messed up. i honestly would start a fund raiser to sue plank because this is in no way acceptable.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Why can't he just get a big *** loan from a bank or the ****ing Mafia (I'm being dead ****ing serious) or something and pay us back?

He already payed his dues to the bank, now he better work on our money.

MJG

Smash Hero
LOL It's is amazing to me how illegal that is. You can't just cut prize money because you messed up in another area of the tournament. That is an inherent risk of running a tournament, and is no one's fault but your own. Every single person you cut prize money from can and should sue you. That's like the state lottery saying "sorry, we are going through a deficit right now so we won't be paying this guy that just won". It may not be on that scale, but in some ways it's even worse, namely the fact that people actually competed and won with skill, rather than just random luck. They payed you, worked their ***** off, and won, and you are saying "oh sorry, I booked too many hotel rooms and it's everyone who didn't show up's fault, so I can't pay you."
A post from someone that I have never heard of makes sooooo much this.

This post describes how I feel.

milesg2g

Smash Champion