• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* V Melee Results and Shoutouts Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
How many times have you heard of any other gaming community suing a TO because they didn't get paid? None.
How many other communities have terrible TOs that don't pay out their winners? None because they are not terrible. And you wonder why people look down on us. So ****ing complacent with your $200 in amateur bracket winnings u can't even feel bad for Dr Peepee, Ally, Armada, and the rest who actually made money? Too bad this game is so ****ing fun or I'd quit asap

milesg2g

Smash Champion
First off. You may say I suck. But I won money in the end. So I don't really care how terrible you say I am at this game haha.

Anyways. Dude I totally understand how they feel. I would be mad too. No matter how you look at it its really a huge mess. But I honestly do think suing would make this look even worse and blow it even more out of proportion than it already is.

How many times have you heard of any other gaming community suing a TO because they didn't get paid? None.
You really want that kind of attention on the smash community? And I gaurentee you it will be 100% negative attention and other communities will just look down on us even more.
Laijin still that's messed up. You can't say "guys lets not sue him because no other community has done it and it'll make us fit in and not seem like an horrible community" That's just wrong. That's almost like:

Another community getting jipped out of money and players saying "I really wanna sue but no other community has done it yet so we'd look really bad"

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
u are the worst kind of person.

*plank defending himself in court*
Judge Judy: Mr. Graybell, would you care to elaborate details on the matter?
Plank: Well, to be quite honest judge, you weren't there. You wouldn't really understand. Can I go home now?
Judge Judy: Case Dismissed!

****in amazing
I'm a regular Hannibal lectar!!!!

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
[SIZE="5 said:
PoundSlap[/SIZE], post: 12315112"]you cant be so irrational and expect a crazy high entrants number. the last pound had almost every active smasher gathered so how many did plank expect to come more? i can never understand this and plank really messed up. i honestly would start a fund raiser to sue plank because this is in no way acceptable.
I didn't read your post, but your name IS IRONIC!
He better talk to a bank and get a loan, so serious.
Bigass loan.

Plank: Well, to be quite honest judge, you weren't there. You wouldn't really understand. Can I go home now?

****in amazing
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.
Uh...what other gaming communities have had a TO not pay the winners of his huge as **** international tournament?
None that I can think of.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Uh...what other gaming communities have had a TO not pay the winners of his huge as **** international tournament?
Its happened before in the SRK community a few times which I've seen.
People attend a national.
Expect money.
but don't get paid.

Its not like the smash community is the only community to ever deal with this. But I've never seen the SRK community sue a TO for this.

Reidlos Toof

Foot Dive!

****in amazing
Epic luls. This is probably gonna be in a few people's sigs.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Whatever, Mogwai.

I'll be back in a couple of hours.

Maybe minutes.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 171 (140 members and 31 guests)
Razmakazi, Gunblade789, hoppis, The Foot, xXxCMONEYxXx, Seagull Man, RTpmwe, Veetaak, Laijin, Demonique, Scar, -Ran, Albert., Keatsta, ESAM, D20, DarkISDA, Oro?!, GOTM, DotHack, MechWarriorNY, vato_break, clowsui, ChKn, So Fatal, milesg2g, Mogwai, sorasin, Redd, Rostigalen, Elletrico, MuraRengan, Takato, Acherontic, Zucco, crismas, Cable, AckbarsBane, Alukard, Rockettrainer, GMMA ANTi, stingers, GofG, DFEAR, Zyfor, X iLink X, Pontus, Punishment Divine, pPp Suspect, Mahie, Alex Strife, Euclid, Ocean, Dr Peepee, kfreshz, thumbswayup, KORNNNNN~, GodLi, Skully, _Yes!_, BIG~L, -Shiro-, Zengar, AllyKnight, ORI_bro, Slhoka, Nicknyte, festizzio, Shadow 111, Calvo819, mr.fizwidget, ScaryLB59, (Lux), Savon, Armada, V3ctorMan, ~HSM~, kalzu, Frontman Yamato, etecoon, Sonic Storm, PoundSlap, Paju, iamthemicrowave, RiKu.757, Roller, Draver, vVv Rapture, trahhSTEEZY, illboyzeus, PieDisliker, Hack, Roxas215, HyugaRicdeau, thebokkie, Snipa4800, meepxzero, ch33s3, lord karn, Hara, saska, CY, billybeegood, ElNoNombreHombre, Aniolas, ESOJOSE, yoshididdy, WatchYourRadar, Koru Barton, leatherhead93, Ozz., lordhelmet, MajorGamer14, Akashi, skyheart, garrR, NamiNami, Lightning93, King~, BoTastic!, Voodoo Daddy, TaFoKiNtS, Humpuff, Fliphopper, hippiedude92, Thunder44, ShippoFoxFire

gettin there...

Laijin

Smash Hero
Laijin still that's messed up. You can't say "guys lets not sue him because no other community has done it and it'll make us fit in and not seem like an horrible community" That's just wrong. That's almost like:

Another community getting jipped out of money and players saying "I really wanna sue but no other community has done it yet so we'd look really bad"
My point is I can only see negative effects coming out of this. I doubt anyone would win and in the end everyone would lose money plus it would give us negative images as a community. If there are barely any chances for a positive outcome, why go through with it still? Explain.

Albert.

Smash Master
@ ADHD smoking pot has nothing to do with reliability. There are tons of irresponsible people who don't smoke pot and there are tons of pot smokers that are mad reliable. Somebody I know has a Doctorate in English and runs the Dept. of English for a college and she smokes pot sometimes. Don't say s***.

For those that wish to pursue legal action, I'd advise you to simply stop talking about it in this thread. Doing so would only hurt your case. I'd also advise removing your posts on the subject.
This ^^^^^^^

also-

rofl @ "forever a loan" >_< Puns always get me.

Suspect

Smash Hero
are you sure about that? why dont i remember any *****ing about it? ofc, if i'm wrong i'm sadly mistaken
you dont know the legend of manafraud?

edit: funny, i just posted that same forever a loan pic in another thread before hearing about this ha

KageMurphy

Smash Master
are you sure about that? why dont i remember any *****ing about it? ofc, if i'm wrong i'm sadly mistaken
It's true, Ken and Mana's last big score lmao. It's funny cause I remember Plank posting a lot in that thread with calculations on how much they stole out the pot(like 10,000) and people were praising him for exposing it all.

And now the tables have turnip'd.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
this is insane. no matter what excuses plank has (unless he was threatened in some way with the money, which he obv. wasn't), he decided to run this tournament, and take responsibility into his own hands. With that, means he STOLE all the money that hasn't been given out. Seriously, straight up. Whatever problem he had with "not enough rooms being bought" or not enough entrants, is 100% on HIM. He obviously should've been aware that not as many as expected can ****ing happen, and with his problem, he made everyone else suffer by using YOUR HARD EARNED WINNINGS to fix his mistake. Then a ****ing smashboards post is just suppose to fix it all. RI-****ING-DICULOUS.

i also could care less if this has been posted before, i'm just pushing on the points.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I know a few SRK / DOAC / TZ tournies that went thru this and much worst.

people deserved to be paid and your anger is legit.

All I am saying is do not blame other events for what this event has done and always know that there are people willing to go the extra mile to help all those involved.

I know if I can I will try to help those who did not get paid. Sorry for all those who had these issues. If you need help I am always an IM away.

@ those thinking about suing : I am not gonna say you cant sue but please talk to your families and do the research. That will be more helpful than telling people on this forum. Make sure in that state you are entitled to something and go from there. If you do not go through that and still complain then IDK.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Read this.

Please read this Everyone
For all those who are requesting a court option against plank in small claims court, let see what your case is. I'm sure enough of you have seen court shows.

1. Contractutal Agreements between the Smasher, and the Smashee (Known as Plank)

From what evidence is gathered, no one had a contracted agreement to be paid by Plank. Furthermore, while he is using the funds of the tournament to help pay for it, there was no estimation given by him to state how much he was going to pay the competitors.

2. Gambling and Age
Given that this tournament had people below the age of 18 (not sure if it is 21 in that state) participate in the tournament, if you are under the legal age of Gambling in the state of Virginia, I suggest that you stop with any counterclaim.

3. Fiscal Responsibility
Plank, knowing he had to use the entry fees and the Pot fee in order to pay for the tournament, took the risk of using the money to help pay for the cost of the hotel. This should come out of his pocket. I think everyone agrees it should, and that the total amount of the Pot should be posted, sorted, and given. Right now, people are trying to sue him without an amount that was promised to him. If we don't have this, we don't have a case.

I would like the sum of the pot, separated and stated on the board, so we have an idea on how much money is owed to each competitor.

Although I understand what you had to do, moral wise, you should pay the pot out of your pocket, Plank. However, those pursuing a lawsuit has no case unless he says the fund.

Can't sue him for fraud either, he made no profit, or intended to, to our knowledge.

Cable

Smash Lord
PRIZE WINNERS SQUAD UP AND LETS FIND THIS ****** REAL SPIT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP0wsET8__Y

EDIT : And whoever is sticking up for Plank shut the **** up and eat a **** because if you were in our shoes you definitely would not be doing that.
LOLOLOL!!!! this boy put up shook ones wow

Na but on the real its ****ed up I would be pretty mad hope Plank finds that money somehow gl to all those who lost money

chinesahh

Smash Lord
also: ppl dont realize that if he didnt use that money thered be NO POUND AT ALL. All in all i think 99% of ppl had a sweet time.

again, i still feel terrible for the winners

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
this is insane. no matter what excuses plank has (unless he was threatened in some way with the money, which he obv. wasn't), he decided to run this tournament, and take responsibility into his own hands. With that, means he STOLE all the money that hasn't been given out. Seriously, straight up. Whatever problem he had with "not enough rooms being bought" or not enough entrants, is 100% on HIM. He obviously should've been aware that not as many as expected can ****ing happen, and with his problem, he made everyone else suffer by using YOUR HARD EARNED WINNINGS to fix his mistake. Then a ****ing smashboards post is just suppose to fix it all. RI-****ING-DICULOUS.

i also could care less if this has been posted before, i'm just pushing on the points.

OH so waht you saying is?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVFpRQdOuQ0&t=3m55s

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
lol@my infraction for flaming. whatever.

anyway i went to the event and idk, i was thankful that plank ran it and did work by lowerful hotel prices by like 60 percent (i checked at the venue lmao) and wow such a gamble.

idk, i just think it's way way jacked to do something he knew would hurt the community. he kneeeew that using the prize-winner's money would have a massive backlash but he did it anyway. idk why he would intentionally hurt the community like that, he knew, there's no way he didn't.

it's a shame too b/c ppl who brought set-ups heard about his troubles and about thousands of dollars of debt and they wanted to give back the money they saved for being set-ups or donating a little bit or doing **** to help plank.

i didn't win anything and i don't feel too upset but i feel a bit cheated to fly out there in the first place and have him do something w/ other people's money that is so blatantly bad.

i'm still glad for the opportunity to meet and play and kick it w/ a lot of you though but this is a bummer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom