• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4:: VGBootCamp Debut! Two days. Plank's sanity remaining: 50%

What type of stage set should Pound4 run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Virus, stop trolling. Yes, you are trolling. Don't instigate petty arguments like this that just get other people riled up.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
why are people fat?

A: Because they eat a lot of food!

well, everyone is entitled to their opinion...

and everyone is entitled to get HELLABASHED for thinking, no, for BELIEVING that they were right about something that they will later be drastically mistaken about.

PS:

most legit johns (imo):

-Controller johns
-cold finger johns
-tv/viewing angle johns
-any type of depression johns

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
DJ Nintendo said:
I'm gonna get 1st at this =)
DJ Nintendo will get first, just watch. He plays characters that aren't top tier and still ***** face. He is the king of mindgames :D

Watch Col Bol get second lol.

And maybe Twin_A will get third, 4th at the least :p

And for anyone driving, be careful with the snow and be sure to have antifreeze on hand. Car accidents = no fun >.<

Hey Plank you thinking this'll be a 2 pools tourney or just one with a big bracket?

Handorin

Smash Hero
I didn't even think about snow @_@

Thanks for the reminder.

Cause I might be driving. It's a bajillion $ cheaper.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Hahaha yeah, there is snow here sometimes. But not that often, and when there is it's not too bad.

PB&J

Smash Hero
as not as cheap as you think ..there are tickets for like 140-180 across the nation to this..so if ur coming u should buy it now..driving in the snow suks..i drove to pound 3 and will never do it again..never... flying is the best..the best and sometimes cheaper and always ..i mean always safer than driving

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Yeah dude true that. People who are afraid of flying should be more afraid of driving. I encourage flying in because we can do pickups and the hotel has transportation for you!

Handorin

Smash Hero
as not as cheap as you think ..there are tickets for like 140-180 across the nation to this..so if ur coming u should buy it now..driving in the snow suks..i drove to pound 3 and will never do it again..never... flying is the best..the best and sometimes cheaper and always ..i mean always safer than driving
The thing is, I can't find anything cheaper than $330ish out of Memphis, and if I want to drive to Nashville I can get it about $100 cheaper. Which is still expensive for me at the moment because a bunch of my stuff was stolen, need new shoes, parents want me to pay a bunch of stuff, etc.

So if 4-5 of us want to drive, we can instead pay about $40 each and drive.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
I've beaten plenty of non-mods in tournament.

Does that make me cool?
:O
I wanna be just like you when I grow up KevinM

And flying is statisticlly the safest way to travel. As well as it avoids the trifecta of bad driving:

1. Old
2. Female
3. Asian
(a fourth can be considered if they are driving a van).

Just having 1 of the 3 is pretty scary. My roommate is an asian female and she is the worst driver I know.

If you are all 3 (or 4) please get off the road now (without causing a 10 car pileup).

If you're flying, then you still have a chance of being hit by someone who makes up at least 2/3, but your odds are dramatically reduced.

Moral of the story is, if you're driving out to this and its going to be cold, as well as the long drive, then be extremely careful to watch out for the trifecta. I'm guessing at least one accident may happen because of this while going to and/or from Pound 4 :(

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
The cheapest I found was $285. :/ Where are you looking? :urg:

Also, I'll MM anyone playing Kirby or Pikachu with Oli.

Handorin

Smash Hero
:O
I wanna be just like you when I grow up KevinM

And flying is statisticlly the safest way to travel. As well as it avoids the trifecta of bad driving:

1. Old
2. Female
3. Asian
(a fourth can be considered if they are driving a van).

Just having 1 of the 3 is pretty scary. My roommate is an asian female and she is the worst driver I know.

If you are all 3 (or 4) please get off the road now (without causing a 10 car pileup).

If you're flying, then you still have a chance of being hit by someone who makes up at least 2/3, but your odds are dramatically reduced.

Moral of the story is, if you're driving out to this and its going to be cold, as well as the long drive, then be extremely careful to watch out for the trifecta. I'm guessing at least one accident may happen because of this while going to and/or from Pound 4 :(
You have never been to Memphis, otherwise that list would be a lot different. I swear to you Memphis has the worst drivers.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
DJ Nintendo will get first, just watch. He plays characters that aren't top tier and still ***** face. He is the king of mindgames :D

Watch Col Bol get second lol.

And maybe Twin_A will get third, 4th at the least :p

And for anyone driving, be careful with the snow and be sure to have antifreeze on hand. Car accidents = no fun >.<

Hey Plank you thinking this'll be a 2 pools tourney or just one with a big bracket?
poooooooooooooooooools

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Depends on how many people end up registering and how many setups we end up with. Not going to dedicate a number til I have more info =]

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Just so everyone knows I am going to have EVERY bracket match recorded. Nothing is going to be played without being recorded, and nothing is not going to be uploaded. People agree to this when they sign up for the tournament. I will have at LEAST 8 recording setups each day, though more would be ideal. Imagine having all the epic matches recorded.... even imagine if we had captured them all from pound 3

Also i'm going to let you guys know what I was planning on doing and this OBVIOUSLY is ONLY IF WE HAVE TIME but if we have the amount of setups im expecting (since im providing a ****load of tvs and you suckas just have to bring wiis and cubes) and things go as quickly as I expect (with pools being a small # of people and lots of tvs, 2 tvs per pool on the later rounds of pools) then I want the top 32 to ALL be best 3/5 sets with losers finals and GF 4/7. This is ONLY IF WE HAVE ENOUGH TIME.

Who wants such epic matches to be best 2/3?

Pound 3 bracket matches::

FIRST ROUND::

azen vs eggm
xif vs chinesah
cort vs plank
kirbstir vs eggz
forward vs drephen
chillin vs sensei
g-reg vs pc chris
hugs vs dope
ssliq v lozr
m2k vs hax
vidjo vs km
cactaur vs col bol
chu vs mathos
silent wolf vs mango (LINK DITTOS/?)
anther vs doll
tope vs darkrain

Winners round 1:

azen vs chinesah
cort vs eggz
forward vs chillin
pc vs hugs
sliq vs m2k
vidjo vs cactaur
chu vs silent wolf
doll vs darkrain

winners round 2:

azen vs cort
forward vs pc chris
m2k vs vidjo
chu vs darkrain

winners semis:

cort vs pc chris
m2k vs chu

winners finals:

m2k vs pc chris

Not gonna break this down for losers, but look at some of those sets not captured for our viewing pleasure and also NOT 3/5. horrible

azen vs cort, forward pc, chu darkrain, all 2/3 in the biggest tournament of the year?? I think that's kind of a shame. I think everyone who made it through pools like this::

1. Azen
2. Chu
3. Forward
3. Sliq
5. WObbles
6. Azn_Lep
6. Swiftbass
8. Alukard

and​

1. Cort
2. Chinesahh
2. Anther
4. G-reg
4. DOH
6. Korn
6. Fonz
8. Wife

and

1. Eggz
1. Darkrain
3. Dope
4. Kage
4. Col Bol
6. Dj Nintendo
6. HBK
8. Wattyy

I feel like people who made it through ****ing pools like this deserve 3/5 in the 32 man bracket. Don't you? I mean ****.

Let's not even MENTION the amount of talent that will be at this. Almost ALL these old school names PLUS the up and comers PLUS all of europes best? ****....

As long as I get the cubes/wiis from everyone and people from around here still bring their tv's, there shouldnt be a problem at all having time for this. What do you guys think??? After probably roughing out 3 rounds of pools, shouldnt all bracket matches be a 3/5???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom