• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4:: VGBootCamp Debut! Two days. Plank's sanity remaining: 50%

What type of stage set should Pound4 run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Virusbluemage

Banned via Warnings
Anyone has prediction for the top 10? This is what I'm expecting.

1st Armada
2nd Mango
3rd Mew2king
4th Dashizwiz
5th Virusbluemage
5th Hungrybox
7th Zhu
7th Chu Dat
9th Jman
9th Darkrain
9th Dr Pee Pee
9th Hugs

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
You are too young to drink so I assume you are high.
much like drugs, no one cares about illegal drinking.

virus: i lol'd that you're going to get 5th. that's also a top 12 list.
also lol @ zhu/chu beating out one of jman or darkrain. pp/hugs (I don't even know how HugS would get top 12 at such a HUGE tournament this soon after returning to the game) I can see, but I doubt the first two.

also lol @ zgetto and amsah not being in that list :(

Virusbluemage

Banned via Warnings
much like drugs, no one cares about illegal drinking.

virus: i lol'd that you're going to get 5th. that's also a top 12 list.
also lol @ zhu/chu beating out one of jman or darkrain. pp/hugs (I don't even know how HugS would get top 12 at such a HUGE tournament this soon after returning to the game) I can see, but I doubt the first two.

also lol @ zgetto and amsah not being in that list :(
I'll get at least 5th, you'll see that. Jman didn't get top 10 at Revival of Mellee or Genesis, he can't perform well at national tournaments, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't get at best 9th. Has it been confirmed that Amsah and Zgetto are coming? Last I heard Amsah said he won't be coming.

And unless they battle tied matches out I can't limit the list to just 10, and it's too hard for me to decide that.

Edit: Also I heard Hugs has been practicing for this tourney, when he comes back he should be amazing again.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
virus: but you specifically stated top 10...... which is dumb. :(
jman has had some bad luck, mainly losing his controller at genesis (he STILL got 13th, which is, you know, the place right after 9th, in spite of this). he has beaten darkrain and mango in tournament, and done very well recently.

at least Jman can spell Melee correctly

collin what's good.... you'd betta **** @ this!

Virusbluemage

Banned via Warnings
virus: but you specifically stated top 10...... which is dumb. :(
jman has had some bad luck, mainly losing his controller at genesis (he STILL got 13th, which is, you know, the place right after 9th, in spite of this). he has beaten darkrain and mango in tournament, and done very well recently.

at least Jman can spell Melee correctly

collin what's good.... you'd betta **** @ this!
You're calling me dumb when you're the one who is wrong, that doesn't make you look very smart. I never said it was a top 10 list, I asked if anyone had a top 10 list. Don't make Johns for Jman, he has been playing badly; there is no way around that. And like I said before Jman will do well at regional tournaments(like where he beat Darkrain) but he won't do well at national tournaments.

And I can spell melee correctlly, the l button doesn't work well on my computer so it often adds an extra l.

PB&J

Smash Hero
md/va *****..... chu will get top 5 for sure maybe more..i want to see the europeans get past chu dat..i have to see it...

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Thanks man. I have pretty high expectations for myself as well(finally). Hopefully I won't disappoint haha.

Colbol is choking much less in tournament. I think he will perform very well at this. Just my thoughts on the matter.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
You're calling me dumb when you're the one who is wrong, that doesn't make you look very smart.
Ah yes, the perfect debating technique. "You don't agree with me, therefore you are dumb." Flawless logic, sir.
Don't make Johns for Jman, he has been playing badly; there is no way around that.
If you knew anything about anything, you'd know that the term "no johns," isn't an invalidation of an excuse, and more of a way of saying "man up and win anyway." Jman hasn't been playing badly, he has beaten players like Mango (since you like Genesis results so much, this should be pretty ****ing important since he won the **** tourney), Scar (who btw got 6th at Genesis), and Darkrain, who got 7th at Genesis. Fox is basically the most technically demanding character in the game at high level play, and this requires a very sensitive acclimation to a specific controller. You can say "no johns" all the **** you want but it won't matter.
And like I said before Jman will do well at regional tournaments(like where he beat Darkrain) but he won't do well at national tournaments.
Event-52 had Mango (WC), Jman (EC), Hazz (EC), G$ (EC), and other players from out of region. Calling it a regional tournament is a joke.
And I can spell melee correctlly, the l button doesn't work well on my computer so it often adds an extra l.
Correctly has one l.
Says the guy who couldn't even get top 33 at Genesis. Lol.
Last time I checked, you didn't either.

By the way, NES N00b is going to get 1st at this.

Virusbluemage

Banned via Warnings
Thanks man. I have pretty high expectations for myself as well(finally). Hopefully I won't disappoint haha.

Colbol is choking much less in tournament. I think he will perform very well at this. Just my thoughts on the matter.
Choke or no choking, I'm not expecting much from Col bol at this tournament. I think he is vastly overrated. And has it been confirmed that Amsah and Zgetto are coming to the tourney?

Virusbluemage

Banned via Warnings
Ah yes, the perfect debating technique. "You don't agree with me, therefore you are dumb." Flawless logic, sir.
What? There is no agreement here, I never said it was a top 10 list. You were just wrong on that.

If you knew anything about anything, you'd know that the term "no johns," isn't an invalidation of an excuse, and more of a way of saying "man up and win anyway." Jman hasn't been playing badly, he has beaten players like Mango (since you like Genesis results so much, this should be pretty ****ing important since he won the **** tourney), Scar (who btw got 6th at Genesis), and Darkrain, who got 7th at Genesis. Fox is basically the most technically demanding character in the game at high level play, and this requires a very sensitive acclimation to a specific controller. You can say "no johns" all the **** you want but it won't matter.
Again you're being completely non-sensical. If you knew anything about anything you'd know the term no johns has developed many connotations, and can easily mean the invalidation of an excuse. This controller thing is one of the dumbest and ridiculous johns I've ever heard. 'I lost because I had to use a different controller'' WTF? Are you serious? If you're a good player the controller doesn't matter, his controller wasn't defective and therefore it's a ridiculous excuse.

Event-52 had Mango (WC), Jman (EC), Hazz (EC), G$ (EC), and other players from out of region. Calling it a regional tournament is a joke.
I shouldn't have spoke to you from the begining. Do you realize that the only guy not from EC you mentioned was Mango? Calling it a national tournament is completely ********? Were their any great WC players except for Mango? Were there any great SC players. C'mon dude, I know you're smarter than this.

Correctly has one l.
Again, that is my computer's fault.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Guys, just ignore Virus, he's been trolling his balls off in the TO5 thread, and now here.

Your controller does matter. You can pick up someone's favorite (functional of course) controller and not like the feel.

Col Bol is definitely not over rated.

Virusbluemage

Banned via Warnings
Col Bol is definitely not over rated.
Then why did he get 49th place at Genesis? You should actually think about it instead of always supporting Col Bol, I have nothing against Col bol and I actually like his playing style, but saying he's not overrated is a very hard argument to defend. Anyways you can believe what you want. Also I'm not a troll, just because you don't like what I say doesn't make me a troll :)

Handorin

Smash Hero
Then why did he get 49th place at Genesis. You should actually think about it instead of always supporting Col Bol, I have nothing against Col bol and I actually like his playing style, but saying he's not overrated is a very hard argument to defend. Anyways you can believe what you want. Also I'm not a troll, just because you don't like what I say doesn't make me a troll :)
Not being over rated does not mean you will always place well. Even though he is a beast player, he doesn't always do so well in tournaments. However, he's been doing a lot better lately and I expect he will do much better at pound.

Tink

Smash Hero
rofl, cobol can beat/keep up with dashizwiz and hungrybox like, every weekend. he does not suck.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i can vouch that col bol is very fast and good he just gets nervous and chokes+loses tech in tournies or under pressure.

but hes got this!

Virusbluemage

Banned via Warnings
Not being over rated does not mean you will always place well. Even though he is a beast player, he doesn't always do so well in tournaments. However, he's been doing a lot better lately and I expect he will do much better at pound.
Well I disagree with you and we'll just have to wait to see he's right.

@Tink: I never said he sucked. I was saying he can't place well at national tournaments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom