• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4:: VGBootCamp Debut! Two days. Plank's sanity remaining: 50%

What type of stage set should Pound4 run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Sooooo If I attend Pound 4 I would like to get some housing *I'm from texas*. It might just be myself right now but a few of us Texas peeps might be driving up there too so idk how thats gonna work out. Possible max people from Texas in my group is 4. So yeah if anyone in the area could provide housing that would be great just PM me or send me an IM I'm Gamewiz199. I also need a teams partner plz kthnxbye.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Sooooo If I attend Pound 4 I would like to get some housing *I'm from texas*. It might just be myself right now but a few of us Texas peeps might be driving up there too so idk how thats gonna work out. Possible max people from Texas in my group is 4. So yeah if anyone in the area could provide housing that would be great just PM me or send me an IM I'm Gamewiz199. I also need a teams partner plz kthnxbye.
Hate to be a ball buster but the odds of getting housing is pretty much shot. Thats why everyone is getting hotel rooms. All housing is reserved for out of country players.

AustinRC

Smash Lord
haha nah its cool tw1n I figured as much. Just figured I'd take a shot in the dark and see if anyone could or not, I'd rather try and get free housing and fail over not asking at all.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Aye, u might wanna change the rule on the front to say that finals and semi finals will b best 3 out of 5 rather than 2 out of 3 Any tourney that has to have pools should be like that.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
That was. Hands down. The single worst. Board Game. I've ever seen. Any game. Were your mom. Can bust. Your balls. Is fail. D***.

yeah 3 out of 5 is kind of a must haha.

And good idea bro, maybe I can mindgame the people in my pool(s). Or I can just beat all of them like everyone else who makes it out of pools, but wheres the fun in that? :p

Eval

Smash Journeyman
Dude a monopoly game on the side would take WAY! too long lol. Play it during brawl doubles hahaha
I agree on playing Monopoly during Brawl days!! Or we could play Mario kart DD or some Mario party rofl!

I would rather bring my portable melee set up or something and play more people lol!

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
First post updated with more accurate information. Mute city is unbanned so peach players can stop crying and keep their unfair level. Finals/semis both are 3/5. Jungle japes is gonna stay banned just because it's stupid, and I don't think anyone really argues that one.

Once you know your teammate for SURE and both are fully registered, PM me who you are teaming with and I will enter you in the brackets. PLEASE DO NOT PM ME ABOUT IT if you arent positive and both players arent registered. It would make my life 100x easier to not have to go back in and edit teammates a million times a week. I have a lot more important things to be doing organizing this. lol

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I agree on playing Monopoly during Brawl days!! Or we could play Mario kart DD or some Mario party rofl!

I would rather bring my portable melee set up or something and play more people lol!
There is clearly going to be plenty of melee going on all 3 days.
Plus regionals (USA VS EUROPE!!!) will be going down on Monday. Hopefully we have enough setups that we can leave lots of friendly tvs. Bring cubes/wiis!

People keep saying that brawl is going to still manage to overtake melee in attendance but I dont think so, i think this is gonna be the biggest melee tourney ever (300+) and brawl will probably get like 200 people.

Just my guess though, who knows!!!

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
There is no hype really for brawl at this event so i would not be surpirsed.

Plank PLEASSSEEEE PM Crismas about the sigs so we can get awesome sigs....PM her what you want and it will be amazing.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
There is no hype really for brawl at this event so i would not be surpirsed.

Plank PLEASSSEEEE PM Crismas about the sigs so we can get awesome sigs....PM her what you want and it will be amazing.
Oh yeah I forgot, I didn't have internet then. lol

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Jon if you want I can take care of the brawl side of the tournament, aside from registration, obviously

I would just cover Pools/Seeding, Advertising, Running, etc. Especially on the 2nd day when we're doing both, you're gonna need to focus on melee matches

If you want to ditch some responsibility for Brawl, i'm down, just send me the lists when pre-reg is closed

I'll probably end up meeting up with you the week of anyways, I could run everything by you first

Also, do we have a mic setup for the venue?

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Jon if you want I can take care of the brawl side of the tournament, aside from registration, obviously

I would just cover Pools/Seeding, Advertising, Running, etc. Especially on the 2nd day when we're doing both, you're gonna need to focus on melee matches

If you want to ditch some responsibility for Brawl, i'm down, just send me the lists when pre-reg is closed

I'll probably end up meeting up with you the week of anyways, I could run everything by you first

Also, do we have a mic setup for the venue?
I already have ECRC handling most of Brawl, although I'm SURE they wouldn't mind your help.

And yes, the venue has a mic and surround sound speakers inside and outside of the venue.

Lobos

Smash Master
lol All the pro beast coast TO's are gonna be here so running things shouldn't be that hard(I hope), I hope you're ready plank. I did see alot of melee hype and some for brawl and brawl+ but alot more spam than anything else in this thread.

Phil - make me a pound 4 sig and I'll remove the otakon gif lol

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Yeah lobos, there will be a billion posts in the thread and 60 entrants total XDDD

btw we have about 55 entrants so far.. just so everyone knows for pound 3 we only had like 50 entrants til ONE month before the tourney and it still had what, like 260 entrants? :p

smashers=lazy and procrastinating always.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol this tournaent is going to be beast! I hope to see USA vs Europe crews. That'll be absolute carnage. And who knows. Maybe the Candians will have better luck this time in crews too eh? haha <3 canada

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I wish more people would sign up for Brawl @_@ A lot of the people I know say that Pound 4 isn't gonna be worth it due to the fact that registration ends in November and they can't plan that far ahead.

Nope

Smash Lord
I am bringing a car of 6 from Springfield, would anyone in the area be able to house us for the weekend? We would rather not have to get a hotel room and would gladly pitch in for your tournament fees or pay you a little bit for a place to stay! Send me a PM if you might be able to help

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Nope should kill a member of Springfield and put OS in his car so he doesn't have to drive >_>

LLDL

Smash Hero
3,754 replies and 44 entrants? Weak!!

Plank, try putting *MUST pay online before November!* in title.

I guarantee there are a crap load of people that don't realize they must register and pay the fee online.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I think procrastination is a more dominant trait than being cheap in most smashers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom