• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4:: VGBootCamp Debut! Two days. Plank's sanity remaining: 50%

What type of stage set should Pound4 run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

stelzig

Smash Lord
"Any action which prevents the player from controlling his character in the match results in a forfeit of the match (depending on who caused the action)"
Is that actually in the rules or did you just suggest that? :laugh:
Guess that would cover pausing as well hah. Good rule, but still important to remember being a loose rule.

*goes to check first page* :p

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Not only is it because I am a fan and The Rev was the most talented member.

He was also my favorite member. I love his Side Project Pinkly Smooth.

He was funny as **** and really nice when I met him.

And just because he put out some music doesn't mean there wasn't more to come...(They were in the process of recording their 5th album.)
This is very true...
Sorry, I used that against people who were mourning Michael Jackson heavily so I just ended up using it here :laugh:

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Yea, rules need some serious updateesssss

I especially wanna see the Brawl rules based on stalling and such. Please adopt AlphaZealots anti-planking and anti-scrooging rules instead of a ledge grab rule. They make a lot more sense.

strawhats

Smash Master
Wow plank...i can't imagine your stress right now...rule changes, setups, travel plans, last minute registration, updating the player list evry 5 mins. Good luck.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
I do have ONE question relating to pauses... and its really just because Ive seen it handled different ways.

In brawl, if you are getting IC chaingrabbed and are attempting to mash out and happen to hit the pause button (no, literally... just accidental)... how is that handled? I've seen some places say: "They get a free re-grab", whereas others say "the person loses a stock". It obviously wasn't intentional, and there is always the off-chance that they could have dropped the CG. So... just wondering.

strawhats

Smash Master
yeah...im just dissappointed that Isai wont be among the crowd of legends to grace Pound 4 with their presence.

In the meanwhile...I will continue watching Ninja Assassin.

Laijin

Smash Hero
I do have ONE question relating to pauses... and its really just because Ive seen it handled different ways.

In brawl, if you are getting IC chaingrabbed and are attempting to mash out and happen to hit the pause button (no, literally... just accidental)... how is that handled? I've seen some places say: "They get a free re-grab", whereas others say "the person loses a stock". It obviously wasn't intentional, and there is always the off-chance that they could have dropped the CG. So... just wondering.
Thats a good question.
Normally if you pause you forfeit the match in every other fighting game. I'm unsure about smash though. You should'nt accidently hit the pause button anyways since its literally no where close to any other button. I can't even imagine how thats possible on a gamecube controller.

Kasht

Smash Cadet
Just a reminder, to all the people that still have not bought their tickets. Airtran is still offering the 10% discount!!! Here are the instructions:

• See if your departing airport can fly Airtran here: http://www.airtran.com/cities/index_destinations.aspx
  • Contact the AirTran Airways EventSavers Desk at 1-866-68EVENT (1-866-683-8368) for reservations.
  • Provide the following Event Code: BWI011510
  • Provide the following Event Name: Pound 4
  • Provide the flight details or ask the customer rep to help you find the cheapest rate.
  • Once the cheapest rate is found, they will apply a 10% discount on the fare.
  • Provide payment info to customer rep
  • Enjoy your 10% discount!!!

Kasht

kirbstir

Smash Lord
I've registered. Did bigD want to team? Peach Falcon? If not, who wants to team with the all time TA knee-assists record holder?

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
questions about rules need to wait until after today

ill get them sorted when im not bombarded with sorting out registration emails from people who cant follow the gd directions

KageMurphy

Smash Master
I've registered. Did bigD want to team? Peach Falcon? If not, who wants to team with the all time TA knee-assists record holder?
Yeah, he wanted to team with you, PM him or something.

Also, someone posted yesterday they will be taking all Mario Golf MM's :O

get 'em Joe!

strawhats

Smash Master
uuh...yeah.

Why wouldnt melee have that amount...yesterday we were already at that amount.

last pound plank had aabout 100 people register at the last minute.

Hyro

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure there won't be a planking rule

Chibo, link to AZ's planking rules that you speak of, i don't feel like finding it
Wait what...why wouldn't we have a planking rule??? I can't remember the last time I've been to a tournament without a ledge grab limit...and now tourneys are even starting to use that scrooging rule lol.

You can see AZ's rules in this thread:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=208631

Specifically:

•The method known as 'planking' is banned. In the event this tactic is witnessed it will result in the forfeit of the current game. A judge can be called to enforce and handle this issue.
•The method known as 'scrooging' is banned. In the event this tactic is witnessed it will result in the forfeit of the current game. A judge may be called to enforce and handle the issue.

*Planking is defined as using Meta Knight to camp under the edge of a stage with a combination of air attacks, so as to make him untouchable by the opponent.

*Scrooging is defined as using Meta Knight to camp under the entire stage with the repeated use of the glide maneuver from one side of the stage to the other, so as to make him untouchable by the opponent.

strawhats

Smash Master
definitely

I dont think there's really any chance Brawl attendants can out run melee...simply because melee people started out strong with registration, and looks like they're ending strong...that and alot of Brawl people that were supposed to go ended up dropping out.

Where very little melee participants pulled there name off the list..The only notable name i can think of sadly is ISAI !!

Well that and a few ice climbers wont be going to this...Someone call up vidjo, and cort to see if they're going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom