• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4:: VGBootCamp Debut! Two days. Plank's sanity remaining: 50%

What type of stage set should Pound4 run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
list updated

i thought brawl would be catching up

but even with a strong performance, melee is ****ing ridiculous right now

if ur name ISNT on the list check for ur email. if i couldnt figure it out, i put the payment email down

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
got u trail, #273

who will be the registrant to break genesis melee #?

what was that # again?

Alukard

Smash Hero
I knew I should've fixed it.

Plank:

With the current registrants and the fact that you have things ready to plan out, when do you think brawl singles will begin? Or when do you think melee singles will end?
yooo ur sig is ****ing hilarious LOLOL

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I'm pretty sure there won't be a planking rule

Chibo, link to AZ's planking rules that you speak of, i don't feel like finding it
most of the good discussion is here
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=259210

basically its using the same kind of rules melee uses to combat stalling in brawl
in melee there are specific rules (even in the MBR rules iirc) that ban jiggs pound stalling and peach's butt bomb stalling, and nothing else is mentioned.
this suggests that for brawl we do the exact same and ban MK planking and MK scrooging, the solid definitions being:

*Planking is defined as using Meta Knight to camp under the edge of a stage with a combination of air attacks, so as to make him untouchable by the opponent.

*Scrooging is defined as using Meta Knight to camp under the entire stage with the repeated use of the glide maneuver from one side of the stage to the other, so as to make him untouchable by the opponent.

Perhaps one or the other may be able to be beaten, but it's both of them together that really make it an unfair tactic. Ledge grab rules really make no sense as planking + scrooging (especially) can be used still to get around the LGRule, and camping the ledge isn't a proven broken tactic with any other character.

In terms of how to use the judge is for the most part outlined in that thread. There's also a lot of good discussion in the thread in the midwest social room called should there be a ledge grab rule at no koast 3.

strawhats

Smash Master
I believe it was 290... Pounds's got this **** for melee...definitely expect 300 people...If anyone who's registered punks out within the next few weeks to cripple the hugeness of this tournament, plank will cut your balls off. Translation Kage will do it for him. Except u Isai cuz you're too ****ing Epic.

lol

Samochan

Smash Master
Didn't that one person have 2 regs bought though? There's at least 2 with the exact same name. So if the regs come close, we'll have to wait till tourney for conclusive numbers. And then some might still not go if something happens and all.

It's looking **** good now though.

Strawy & over ^o^

Lobos

Smash Master
Still missing a few more for brawl but I did predict around 150 players...Who said we were getting only 50 or so? You know who you are....suck a ****!

Good **** melee players! Combined both events and we have almost 400 players (didn't look who is doing both games.)

Sounds pretty epic to me! This number does not include all the people coming for Brawl + either lol GG

BEST SMASH TOURNAMENT IN 2010!

Watty

Smash Lord
dude i think brawl names suck man i just dont like there style with there tags. even with that extra letter they can put in there names suck

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Yea but he made a big post a few pages back as to why he might not make it.
I really hope he comes. It'll probably be the biggest 64 tourney ever because of the sheer amount of people that will want to play him. As for Melee... he's just being humble. He'd **** **** if he entered. Legends are legends, no amount of rust can hold one down.

Someone please talk to this man.

Also, wtf Mango?

strawhats

Smash Master
One I suspect....Isai might come in the last moment...too man fans for n64 want to gets *****.

Also he already paid so he could come if he wanted to anyway..esppecially since he wouldnt get his money back until a little after the tourney.

Mango will go... he just wants to be the last name on the list.

that and he doesn't have a credit card.

Someone register for him...don't allow mango to live this down if he misses out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom