• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pound 4 Predictions

Foxy

Smash Master
1/2/3: Mango/M2K/Armada any order
4: Hungrybox
5: Amsah
5: PC Chris
7: Zgetto
7: Dr. Peepee
9: Silent Spectre
9: Lucky
9: Jman
9: Chudat
13: HugS
13: Pink Shinobi
13: Zhu
13: Colbol

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
yea, Foxy. SS is in no known world going to out place Scar, Hax, or Darkrain. Hell, I think LoZR's Falcon is better. And NES n00b is going to get 5th if 512 people show up for singles. SS wouldn't.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Chu winning with Pichu would be awesome, but that wouldn't happen.

I think Mango is going to win xD he beat m2k over the summer I'm sure he can do it again.

valgar2900

Smash Journeyman
who will be the highest placin fox player colbol or jman. and i im not talkin about ppl that play falco/fox like dashiz and zhu

GOD!

Smash Ace
Darkrain > SS > Scar > Hax.

I love m2k as much as the next guy but I can't see how people keep saying he might beat mango. He can't beat mango and this has been proved over and over. He might take 3rd or 4th, but there's no way he beats hungrybox or mango.

Hungrybox seems to me like he could actually win pound 4, but mango will probably win the whole tournament imo.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
Here's what I think, and this is going to include johns as well as my actual own opinion so here it is. I think I am easily the 2nd best player in Melee in the world if I'm playing good. I don't care enough about the game anymore to practice it (vidjo doesn't wanna play me either he's bored of the game and always wants to be programming) so I honestly don't think I'll do very well in melee at this event. I don't think I can beat Mango. First off, Mango is better than me. 2nd off, he knows my style and all my habits and pretty much has me memorized. He's smarter than me, better than me, and also counters me (even if I beat him I'll just lose to his puff cuz I'm wack vs jiggs). Like yeah it's possible I could win, but I'd have to be playing really, really, really good and it's really unlikely to happen. Mango is obviously going to win, I could prolly get 2nd-9th but who knows maybe I'll get like 33rd or something.

As for Hbox, no offense to him, but I'm obviously more skilled at the game than him and everyone else except mango imo. Think what you want, but this is what I think. However I could very easily lose to him cuz the only character I can beat Jiggs with is Fox and I'm not really good at the matchup (or any matchup vs jiggs really). On top of that, I am really inconsistent with my playing with Fox so the only way I'd win is if I'm playing good. I think playing good I can beat anyone except Mango the majority of the time, but otherwise there's like probably like ~20 people I could lose to. I'll prolly lose to him if we play again. I don't really think I'm that great in Melee anymore, although I do enjoy hearing people try to motivate me, the odds of me doing well at this point are not that great. Unless I'm randomly on my super A-game that day, in which case I could get 2nd hopefully, but it's really unlikely to happen. At least I stand a chance vs other players though, but don't be expecting me to win anymore. I just don't think I'm that great anymore I could lose to anyone (I could also beat anyone except mango too idk I'm weird like that)

1) mango
2) idk and idc

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
I think these "random losses" people keep accusing our WC players of committing are more a sign of the WC improving than our good players getting worse.

Since I haven't played the EC in ages, I couldn't accurately put together a list. But from my talks with Mango, I'm thinking there's gonna be a big west coast presence in the top 10.
I'm sorry to say this hugs, but your region is like okay and all but it's not anything special. Like to be quite honest, Zhu was playing good and I was playing bad when our set happened at Genesis, while at AG Zhu's controller broke during singles and he told me he thinks he lost because of that.

GOD!

Smash Ace
M2k I think you could win if you practiced.
You are the reason I main sheik. You added onto his metagame after 7 years..
And you are still good and I hope you win the entire tournament. Just please practice. I think you could learn how mango plays and then beat him in grandfinals 6-0 and then the whole world would go insane,

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
i'm Sorry To Say This Hugs, But Your Region Is Like Okay And All But It's Not Anything Special. Like To Be Quite Honest, Zhu Was Playing Good And I Was Playing Bad When Our Set Happened At Genesis, While At Ag Zhu's Controller Broke During Singles And He Told Me He Thinks He Lost Because Of That.
No Joh ns!

Öni

Smash Cadet
1. Amsah
2. Mango
3. Zgetto
4. Hungrybox
5. Zhu
6. Armada
7. M2K
8. Strawhat (if he comes)

Bla being european, so don't listen :D

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
Here's what I think, and this is going to include johns as well as my actual own opinion so here it is. I think I am easily the 2nd best player in Melee in the world if I'm playing good. I don't care enough about the game anymore to practice it (vidjo doesn't wanna play me either he's bored of the game and always wants to be programming) so I honestly don't think I'll do very well in melee at this event. I don't think I can beat Mango. First off, Mango is better than me. 2nd off, he knows my style and all my habits and pretty much has me memorized. He's smarter than me, better than me, and also counters me (even if I beat him I'll just lose to his puff cuz I'm wack vs jiggs). Like yeah it's possible I could win, but I'd have to be playing really, really, really good and it's really unlikely to happen. Mango is obviously going to win, I could prolly get 2nd-9th but who knows maybe I'll get like 33rd or something.

As for Hbox, no offense to him, but I'm obviously more skilled at the game than him and everyone else except mango imo. Think what you want, but this is what I think. However I could very easily lose to him cuz the only character I can beat Jiggs with is Fox and I'm not really good at the matchup (or any matchup vs jiggs really). On top of that, I am really inconsistent with my playing with Fox so the only way I'd win is if I'm playing good. I think playing good I can beat anyone except Mango the majority of the time, but otherwise there's like probably like ~20 people I could lose to. I'll prolly lose to him if we play again. I don't really think I'm that great in Melee anymore, although I do enjoy hearing people try to motivate me, the odds of me doing well at this point are not that great. Unless I'm randomly on my super A-game that day, in which case I could get 2nd hopefully, but it's really unlikely to happen. At least I stand a chance vs other players though, but don't be expecting me to win anymore. I just don't think I'm that great anymore I could lose to anyone (I could also beat anyone except mango too idk I'm weird like that)

1) mango
2) idk and idc
Pretty much all of this. <3 Jason for being real

Life After Death

Smash Champion

1) mango
2) idk and idc
ur not rusty lol theres a big difference between chokin and being rusty. wats happening now is that ur chokin like crazy nowaday cuz ur mentality is dumb as hell stop thinking about money play to test out ur skills like back in the days dont play for the money only lol.

and no theres a few players that can beat mango and u.... shiz is one of them lol ull see. i gotta teach u to get rid of that scrub asss mentality

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Darkrain > SS > Scar > Hax.

I love m2k as much as the next guy but I can't see how people keep saying he might beat mango. He can't beat mango and this has been proved over and over. He might take 3rd or 4th, but there's no way he beats hungrybox or mango.

Hungrybox seems to me like he could actually win pound 4, but mango will probably win the whole tournament imo.
H[Box] > M2K? uhh... no?

m2k stop playing for money and u will play better ans snap out of the mango dream
I agree with pb&j Jason. Play for the love of the game rather than the hope of winning money. I know at your level and the amount of Time you've put into the games takes a lot out, but think about why you started to begin with.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
I like how everyone tells m2k what he is thinking and what he is even after he posted his opinion of himself. Because we all know him better than himself.

I don't see anything wrong with anything he said. It is obvious mango is on the next level and the game is passed m2k's robotic perfection style - mango found weaknesses in it and figured him out and m2k knows it as he just said. Everyone else saw how m2k can be beat and now has a chance, as he said, at beating him. Zhu beat him at Genesis with Falco, along with Armada as Peach and I don't see a reason why other players couldn't beat him too. I agree 100% with his post. If he's on his game, he has the chance of beating anyone, but it is not guaranteed like it was a year ago.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I like how everyone tells m2k what he is thinking and what he is even after he posted his opinion of himself. Because we all know him better than himself.

I don't see anything wrong with anything he said. It is obvious mango is on the next level and the game is passed m2k's robotic perfection style - mango found weaknesses in it and figured him out and m2k knows it as he just said. Everyone else saw how m2k can be beat and now has a chance, as he said, at beating him. Zhu beat him at Genesis with Falco, along with Armada as Peach and I don't see a reason why other players couldn't beat him too. I agree 100% with his post. If he's on his game, he has the chance of beating anyone, but it is not guaranteed like it was a year ago.
Lol ok buddy. M2K obviously has a confidence problem. He has the potential to be the best and something is stopping him. It's not that Mango's unbeatable either. M2K played like **** against Zhu and Armada; yea that's my opinion, but I really see it as unbiased. I think DJN and Chops, among a few other players can help him overcome whats holding him back.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Lol ok buddy. M2K obviously has a confidence problem. He has the potential to be the best and something is stopping him. It's not that Mango's unbeatable either. M2K played like **** against Zhu and Armada; yea that's my opinion, but I really see it as unbiased. I think DJN and Chops, among a few other players can help him overcome whats holding him back.
Just a difference of opinions here so I'll say mine. Every match can be seen from both ways, m2k played like **** or zhu and armada played great. Same result either way - m2k lost. The difference between game 1 and 3 of the Armada set showed the difference between M2k's style and mango/armada's. What is stopping him? His lack of ability to adapt like Mango and Armada.

How are DJN and Chops gonna help him? I want to see m2k on top just as much as anyone else, his style of play is one of my favorites. But I don't see how DJN and Chops are gonna instill the confidence in him that he needs in order to be on his feet and adapting while he is playing. They aren't mango. His confidence issues started with mango and they are gonna stay there. No matter how much he practices and beats other people, he is still going to get nervous when he plays mango again. Only way to get the confidence back is if he takes a set or something off Mango pretty decisively. And without the confidence, that isn't going to happen. Vicious circle.

Mango isn't unbeatable but he isn't going to be taken out before pound. Armada is the only one that was close in a year, and it'll stay that way.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Just a difference of opinions here so I'll say mine. Every match can be seen from both ways, m2k played like **** or zhu and armada played great. Same result either way - m2k lost.
It really looks like you haven't seen many of M2K's vids... I've seen all of them as well as quite a few matches of him playing in person.. he did NOT perform at his average skill level in competitive play, not even close.

The difference between game 1 and 3 of the Armada set showed the difference between M2k's style and mango/armada's. What is stopping him? His lack of ability to adapt like Mango and Armada.
Yeah in those particular sets he couldn't adapt but it looked like a genuine choke job imo

How are DJN and Chops gonna help him? I want to see m2k on top just as much as anyone else, his style of play is one of my favorites. But I don't see how DJN and Chops are gonna instill the confidence in him that he needs in order to be on his feet and adapting while he is playing. They aren't mango. His confidence issues started with mango and they are gonna stay there. No matter how much he practices and beats other people, he is still going to get nervous when he plays mango again. Only way to get the confidence back is if he takes a set or something off Mango pretty decisively. And without the confidence, that isn't going to happen. Vicious circle.
DJN is one of the best ever when it comes to mindgames, and Chops knows a LOT about this game, especially when it comes to what type of mentality a player should have when going up against a very good opponent. He doesn't have to beat Mango to be confident against Mango lol, that is nonsense. If he can get his mind right and actually practice he has a good chance.

Mango isn't unbeatable but he isn't going to be taken out before pound. Armada is the only one that was close in a year, and it'll stay that way.
Lol, maybe you should just tell us the results of Pound 4 now that way it'll save everyone a lot of traveling.

HugS™

Smash Lord
LoL I'm sorry to say this m2k, but your opinion on players is known to be one of the most biased opinions in the community.

So, it doesn't really change my mind about WC talent.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
LoL I'm sorry to say this m2k, but your opinion on players is known to be one of the most biased opinions in the community.

So, it doesn't really change my mind about WC talent.
I love you Hugs.

Mango is still going to win this. People are acting like something unexpected is gonna happen.

Dr. PP is gonna place top 5, At least. believe that.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
It really looks like you haven't seen many of M2K's vids... I've seen all of them as well as quite a few matches of him playing in person.. he did NOT perform at his average skill level in competitive play, not even close.
I have, he's been to AA and I have seen every video of him since 07. You are having a hard time grasping that we have a difference of opinions. I'm not creating johns for m2k when he himself agrees.

Yeah in those particular sets he couldn't adapt but it looked like a genuine choke job imo
Or Armada adapting and m2k unable to change his style up so that Armada can't do so. M2k isn't known to choke except against mango.

Again, it could have been that m2k choked, but I don't think so. You talk about your opinions as if they are fact when it isn't so. There are two sides to everything maybe you should see that.

Lol, maybe you should just tell us the results of Pound 4 now that way it'll save everyone a lot of traveling.
I'm not the one acting like I know it all. Judging from the past, m2k isn't going to beat mango. I'm not denying Chops or DJ's skill or their mentality, the point is that m2k has to feel like he can take mango in order to do so. I don't think any amount of playing with DJ or Chops is going to give m2k that confidence. He can **** on people worse than him all day long, but that isn't the practice he needs to beat mango IMO.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
Just a difference of opinions here so I'll say mine. Every match can be seen from both ways, m2k played like **** or zhu and armada played great. Same result either way - m2k lost. The difference between game 1 and 3 of the Armada set showed the difference between M2k's style and mango/armada's. What is stopping him? His lack of ability to adapt like Mango and Armada.

me and dj say that cuz we know him personaly. and yea he's not rusty lol he just chokes wayyy moe than he used to cuz his mentality went from tryna be the best to trying to win money. all he thinks about is if he loses he wont make money wen HE HAS money to get to tourneys lol he's nowhere near rusty ***** is always exposed to oos players at least once a month he's more than enough in shape to take any player. he just chokes like crazy. same thing happens to colbol he loses to players that are nowhere near him cuz of his mentality

Top Bottom