• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Black and White (Spoiler Warning)

Octave

Smash Ace
you do realise the topic title warns of spoilers, right

and that's barely a spoiler anyway
Yeah, still should have been in spoiler tags imo. That's something I would've liked to find out in my playthrough instead of on here. It's really the worst spoiler I've read tbh.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
>Walk into
plains of Giant Chasm
for the first time
>See a patch of grass immediately shake
>Wild
METAGROSS
appears
>
Catch rate of 3
/only have regular Poke/Premier Balls

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Whoever was talking about different type of runs, a friend did(still is doing?) a Red run where the rule was you have to catch 1 of each pokemon that is possible at the time and you have to level them all throughout to keep them all at the same level.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Whoever was talking about different type of runs, a friend did(still is doing?) a Red run where the rule was you have to catch 1 of each pokemon that is possible at the time and you have to level them all throughout to keep them all at the same level.
That...actually sounds like it could be exactly what I'm looking for. It would be a pain in some regards, but it would force me to use most of the fifth gen Pokémon -- most of whom I like quite a bit -- and it would allow me to actually learn their names, too. I'm sure I could also have lots of fun nicknaming that many Pokémon, especially if I go with the theme I had in mind.

Thanks for the suggestion, Mic!

asianaussie

Smash Hero
>Walk into
plains of Giant Chasm
for the first time
>Wild
METAGROSS
appears
>
Catch rate of 3

can't you catch
metangs
above lv45 anyway

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Easily my favorite song from BW. How about you guys?
[yt]8wonRBFNYKE[/yt]
I can't be the only person who was in shock and awe when this song started playing.

Pokemon is known for having upbeat and tense songs for any moment. Hearing that piano and orchestra really broke from the mold, and it actually brought tears to my eyes. Quite easily my favorite song in BW, and is just barely beat out by the RBY Gym Leader theme, Colloseum's Semifinal Battle theme, and XD's Greevil Redeemed theme as my favorite song in the entire franchise.

M.K

Level 55
>Walk into
plains of Giant Chasm
for the first time
>Wild
METAGROSS
appears
>
Catch rate of 3

OMG Haha, that same situation happened to me.

I couldn't catch it. It died from a burn I inflicted on it T_T.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Been a bit slow on Pokemon lately.

I got Haxorous and Scrafty to 60. My Tyranitar is 57 and Gyara is 52. I'm trying to get Larvesta[49] to evolve, and then my lv27 Tynamo is next. Love my team yo<3

Been grinding, but been busy with other stuff. At my sisters game I plan to grind while watching, gives me something fun to do while I level up.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Can't wait to see how VGC and what not handles Dream World.

Going to be verryyy interesting, to the point where I ponder entering.

Pokegen makes it so easy, that... well the only downfall is how long the battles take.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I don't know if everyone else already knows this yet, but I just realized that the music on the route just before Pinwheel Forest (and I guess wherever else that theme plays) changes depending on whether or not you're moving. It adds extra instruments, which I've noticed before, but I never figured out that you have to move for it to happen. That's so...cool! Now I'm going to Fly around and see if this happens anywhere else.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Best song is hands down Village Bridge. The. Best.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
So the music changes when you walk/run on all routes except Route 10 (the one with a cool song before Victory Road). I can't believe I didn't figure this out earlier; it's one of those nice little touches. Nice one, Game Freak!

M.K

Level 55
Stolen from Smogon but:

Could you not send in and immediately switch out a level 1, then KO the opponent with Explosion (thus giving all the Exp. points to the level 1)? I've calculated that the highest level jump is actually obtained by defeating Doctor Jules' or Nurse Kirsten's level 65 Audino (in Nimbasa City) in such a way, with an internationally traded Pokémon with a Fast growth rate holding a Lucky Egg while under the effect of Experience Power ↑↑↑, S, or MAX. It would gain 178632 Exp. points, making it grow from level 1 all the way up to level 60 (59 levels).
Quickie Volcarona for everyone =D.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
>Walk into
plains of Giant Chasm
for the first time
>Wild
METAGROSS
appears
>
Catch rate of 3

****in' raaaaaappeddddd.

EpixAura

Smash Journeyman
I haven't payed Wi-Fi yet, but judging by the Pokemon I've seen, there are going to be a ****load of sandstorm teams.
I'll probably need to bring A Reuniclus and Ferrothorn. But... those are so commonly used. Or I can use a Ninetales with Drought for a Sunny Day team, complete with an anti-Garchomp and anti-Tyranitar. Weather teams just bore me so much...

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
village bridge is sooooo awesome

mmmm, i think to play non weather well you really gotta use janky stuff like espeon, ditto, dragons, breloom, conkeldurrrrrrr

and anti-metagame counters.

i remember kirbyraeg created a ludicolo that countered all weathers in gen iv, lol

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
OMG Haha, that same situation happened to me.

I couldn't catch it. It died from a burn I inflicted on it T_T.
****in' raaaaaappeddddd.
Not only did I catch it, but it ended up having beast IVs/perfect Attack and a decent nature. :reverse:
That and I ran into another one like minutes later. :b

Anyway, finally beat the in-game story/Champion. I like that they admit the first round of the Battle Subway is easy mode.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Man, wtf? Yo' hacking *** game. The chance of running into a Metagross is 5%. But to have it happen twice? Get the **** outta here. :glare:

I wish my game would hack like that for me...

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I've level grinded my Volcarona all the way up to 80 so far. I want to see its Fire Dance attack, and I can't remember the move it learns at level 90, so I want to be surprised unlike the last move. Level 80 + Rage Powder = eh.

I've also been catching Shellder so I can mess with a Shell Break Cloyster; I've already found a Lonely Shellder, so I think I'll go with that. XD

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
There are times when the game just says "**** you we ran out," like when I tried to get a Sawk, Seismitoad,
and Crobat(did find one, same shiz as Metagross on IVs :awesome:)/Tangrowth, and Bronzong(who isn't even a patch Poke, wtf).

Then I randomly encounter stuff like Politoed(Perish Song asdasdaf;p), Starmie, Metagross, Slowking, and even high Lv. Dragonairs/nites like every other try.

Then again, my luck is so random that I found two shiny Fearow's in HG within minutes of each other.

Also I imported a Rock Blast Cloyster I raised for the lulz, then I realized I can't make it remember Razor Shell/ Break. :glare:

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Can't wait to see how VGC and what not handles Dream World.

Going to be verryyy interesting, to the point where I ponder entering.

Pokegen makes it so easy, that... well the only downfall is how long the battles take.
VGC has always been a joke, so I expect them to handle it poorly.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
So.. Elektross<3

So I threw a Dusk Ball at an Excalidrill(sp), and it wiggled once then said it was caught...?

BSP

Smash Legend
It takes me forever to get anywhere in PKMN games (I only have 5 badges atm :p) because I'm so indecisive about my team, but I'm pulling through.

Nice to see that the GTS random trade is still ********. Negotiations lets you meet up with friends right? If it isn't live trading, I might be able to trade with my friends that way.

M.K

Level 55
Just the general Wi-Fi Room allows you to meet friends.

I believe Negotiations is for more specific regulations on your GTS trades.

Top Bottom