• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Black and White (Spoiler Warning)

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
In that last comic, if he's battling another trainer, why would it come down to throwing a pokeball?

I DEMAND COMICS THAT ARE MORE AWARE OF THE GAME THEY ARE PARODYING!

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I can't figure out how it works, it just spends forever "searching" for someone to trade with.
Don't request a specific type of trainer. The game will search for the nature they chose and it seems that most people aren't aware of this and thus haven't changed their natures from the default.

@comic, I think it's meant to imply that is his last pokemon in that pokeball. PA sucks anyways so whatever.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Don't request a specific type of trainer. The game will search for the nature they chose and it seems that most people aren't aware of this and thus haven't changed their natures from the default.

@comic, I think it's meant to imply that is his last pokemon in that pokeball. PA sucks anyways so whatever.
Permission to prove you wrong? They have one that I absolutely love.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
The GTS is compatable with both Gen IV and Gen V, yeah? So in theory I could put a pokemon up in HeartGold and trade it to White?

Steelia

Smash Champion
The GTS is compatable with both Gen IV and Gen V, yeah? So in theory I could put a pokemon up in HeartGold and trade it to White?
Nooo. They use different servers. How else could someone put up a Charmander and request for a Tepig? I highly doubt the 4th Gen games would filter out THOSE kind of results. Same going for putting up Origin Forme Giratina, which can't be seen in DP, let alone traded in 4th Gen GTS.

Wrath`

Smash Master
That is quite interesting, and to be expected since this is one of the more detailed stories Gamefreak has done with Pokemon.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Well to be fair 5th gen's story excels where no other story of Pokemon has.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm about to get the 7th badge now in black. I stopped to play around with surf. caught two legendaries. this game is good.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
That is quite interesting, and to be expected since this is one of the more detailed stories Gamefreak has done with Pokemon.
Forreal.

I really like this gen's story, it's a lot more involving than previous gens, and at last actually acknowledges the obvious point that Pokémon battling can be nothing but glorified cockfighting.

It kept the same formula but tweaked it and so Black really didn't feel formulaic or typical at all, which is great.

The only games that really top this for story are Colosseum and XD. Man I wish they continued making home console games, those were so good.

Edit: And by that I mean actual adventure games, not Stadium style games. Although Stadium itself would be cool, they literally fragmented it into different parts like Pokémon Ranch/Box and PBR, and the worst being you can't save pokémon from old games and transfer to new. >.>

PZ

Smash Lord
Forreal.

I really like this gen's story, it's a lot more involving than previous gens, and at last actually acknowledges the obvious point that Pokémon battling can be nothing but glorified cockfighting.

It kept the same formula but tweaked it and so Black really didn't feel formulaic or typical at all, which is great.

The only games that really top this for story are Colosseum and XD. Man I wish they continued making home console games, those were so good.

Edit: And by that I mean actual adventure games, not Stadium style games. Although Stadium itself would be cool, they literally fragmented it into different parts like Pokémon Ranch/Box and PBR, and the worst being you can't save pokémon from old games and transfer to new. >.>
Phailure with battle revolution besides they can never top disco guy from xd

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
The Mt. Battle theme was also really epic.

[yt]kBxiFQkWCb0[/yt]

Man, every track in Colosseum was amazing.

I dunno for now Black's music hasn't really gripped me yet.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
When do you guys think we'll get the next in the Colosseum line? PBR was a LONG time ago and it didn't even support HG/SS. Would be nice if they hooked us up with something new for the Wii that supports B/W.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
There is something in the pipelines supposedly, there is definitely a new Wii Pokémon project.

Sadly it's not going to be adventure, pretty sure it's just PBR 2.0

Still making your own trainer was real fun, I wish you could do that in future games, a custom trainer that is. =D

Also they could feasibly make a 3D pokémon game for 3DS (as in more axes, not the display). I mean it can pump out better visuals than Wii and its flashcarts probably have huge levels of storage, moreso than a GC disk I'd say.

rhan

Smash Hero
This thread makes me want to replay Collosseum..

Edit: PBR supported HS/SS it just didn't show the trainer if you battled that way.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Gale of Darkness was better also their are some pkmn from their I wanna use in 5th gen like Mightyena with Heal bell as a supporter in UU/NU and Togekiss with tri attack but I got the wrong ability when it evolved and now I'm searching for a AR code so I can change it to serene grace:mad:.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Currently SRing for a Shiny
Kyurem
. I think I've been at this for about 5 days.

SRing's a *****.

JOE!

Smash Hero
so, as it stands I have caught everything I can in black, except for Pansear/pour, Snivy, Oshawott, Tirtouga, Thundurus (and consequently Landlos), and Zekrom..... all with decent natures...

@_@

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Gale of Darkness was better also their are some pkmn from their I wanna use in 5th gen like Mightyena with Heal bell as a supporter in UU/NU and Togekiss with tri attack but I got the wrong ability when it evolved and now I'm searching for a AR code so I can change it to serene grace:mad:.
If you're going to AR to change it, you might as well SAV a new one. :/

Octave

Smash Ace
Currently SRing for a Shiny
Kyurem
. I think I've been at this for about 5 days.

SRing's a *****.
I have a friend doing the same thing. Dunno if he got it yet or not, but when I last heard he was at 800+ SRs after 5 hours or so. It's been a few more days now...

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
SRing legendaries takes absolutely ages.

Funny though, I got a shiny Roggenrola like 2 hours into the adventure. I **** a brick then caught it.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Man, it would suck if I ran into any shinies now. I don't even now wtf the normal colors are.

I can into a little blue beetle seed thing today. Wtf is that supposed to be.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
so, as it stands I have caught everything I can in black, except for Pansear/pour, Snivy, Oshawott, Tirtouga, Thundurus (and consequently Landlos), and Zekrom..... all with decent natures...

@_@
This was me a few days ago but with almost everything inverted(Pansage/Archen/Tepig/Tornadus/Reshiram)
I went on an evolving/GTS spree, so the only Pokemon aside from the legendaries I need is Vullaby/Mandibuzz.

Anyway, anybody do the DW Eeveelutions event? I wound up getting Jolteon.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
been doing battle subway runs... trying to find really effective things to do... the cpu's are smarter with u-turn/switching now so u can't just wall everything, plus a hundred more options makes this a much harder in game challenge than gen iv battle tower

i got this though

currently running lum machamp, sash cloyster, __________

sifting through my pokemon for a 3rd member. hydreigon and nidoqueen have been decent, but im sure i can come up with something even better

i know offense is not that great in this type of thing but... thats just how i play hahah

are there pokemon that can both sleep + dragon tail? heheh

Top Bottom