• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Black and White (Spoiler Warning)

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Man, it would suck if I ran into any shinies now. I don't even now wtf the normal colors are.

I can into a little blue beetle seed thing today. Wtf is that supposed to be.
Shinies sparkle when you encounter them and make a cool noise along with the sparkle.

You'll know when it's a shiny.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1

Anyway, anybody do the DW Eeveelutions event? I wound up getting Jolteon.[/i]
I played it three times tonight. I want an Ice Body Glaceon but it gave me Jolteon so I said no. Played again and got Leafeon. Played a third time and got Flareon. Gave up. I'll try again tomorrow and eventually get that Glaceon for Black. I'll do it with a second account to get that Espeon. The status-reflecting skill is freakin' sweet.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Gave it a few tries today, got Flarion. Pass, gonna try again for Espeon later. But oh man I can see that place getting addictive with earnings coins for costumes and junk.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I think you use the C-Gear's wifi app to sync the game to Global Link.

I so badly want a DW Espeon. :D

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
You can't ACTUALLY get it yet. You can only like, reserve one, for when the dream world finally comes up this spring. It was supposed to actually launch tomorrow, but its been put on indefinite hold due to the disaster in Japan.

Seriously though... this game is pissing me off. It keep giving me Jolteon. I wonder if its even possible to get Glaceon or Espeon in the US version.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yes, you can, i just did

you just have to only get the falling pink bubbles for espeon and try to dodge everything else

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Espeon is my favourite eeveelution, and that's saying a lot because aesthetically I love the whole Eevee family.

But Espeon's just so good. :D

And now it has Magic Bounce!

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Starting the tedious process of cloning my old important pogeys from Gen4 and then moving the clones up to Gen5. This is going to take forever but its the only way to keep the generations going. After I do this, I'm gonna have quite the legendary museum going. Then I'm gonna go back and beat some Gen3 games and move THOSE up. NUTS.

Speaking of which, is there any way to trade between Gen3 pokemon games on the DS? Or do I have to track down two GBASPs?

asianaussie

Smash Hero
I don't think trading Gen3 between DS's is possible...tried and failed, a lot :|

been doing battle subway runs... trying to find really effective things to do... the cpu's are smarter with u-turn/switching now so u can't just wall everything, plus a hundred more options makes this a much harder in game challenge than gen iv battle tower

i got this though

currently running lum machamp, sash cloyster, __________

sifting through my pokemon for a 3rd member. hydreigon and nidoqueen have been decent, but im sure i can come up with something even better

i know offense is not that great in this type of thing but... thats just how i play hahah

are there pokemon that can both sleep + dragon tail? heheh
Milotic can, but you need to breed Hypnosis via the Poliwag family. Meganium too, if you breed Grasswhistle onto it (don't know how, never done it).

Didn't think Lum Machamp would be that good in subway, never used it :|

I'm trying to run Tyranitar/special Dragonite/Excadrill...gonna switch out either Nite or Drill for Landorus when I get it...also considering using that old Starmie/TTar/Chomp team that got me a 32X streak in 4th gen...

Flayl

Smash Hero
They better have a new version with Battle factory. Only aspect of single player that isn't completely mindless.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
They already have Battle Subway and Battle Institute. :/

Octave

Smash Ace
Downloaded pokesav to look at my old japanese save file's pokemon and I had a Monmen (Cotonee) with perfect Satk and Atk IVs and a Tabunne (Audino) with most of its IVs at 25+. o:

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I beat ghetsis this morning. Tough fight.

now i'm doing the 2nd half of the game. i'm 15 levels behind all the new trainers I'm seeing! **** is nuts. It's gonna take forever to get my team up to level 70.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I don't think trading Gen3 between DS's is possible...tried and failed, a lot :|

Milotic can, but you need to breed Hypnosis via the Poliwag family. Meganium too, if you breed Grasswhistle onto it (don't know how, never done it).

Didn't think Lum Machamp would be that good in subway, never used it :|

I'm trying to run Tyranitar/special Dragonite/Excadrill...gonna switch out either Nite or Drill for Landorus when I get it...also considering using that old Starmie/TTar/Chomp team that got me a 32X streak in 4th gen...
hmmm thanks. one thing i've done on PO is sleep + whirlwind/roar and it works really nicely since switching resets the sleep counter. waking up instantly is pretty rare, maybe i'll run a hypnosis + circle throw poliwrath some time.

my team which got me 60+ in heart gold was sash infernape, cb dragonite (this thing killed EVERYTHING.) and anything that survived nite was cleaned up by mix swampert. i've seen better strategies though... especially since the battle subway teams now are so diverse that all out offense doesn't seem to be cutting it. i could probably do it if i used pokes like mence and terrakion, but i'm gonna try to come up with more solid strategies using the pokemon that i like.

my ideal team would be lilligant + chandelure + cloyster hahah. however many months from now, DW chandelure will come out and i got this!! :)

I beat ghetsis this morning. Tough fight.

now i'm doing the 2nd half of the game. i'm 15 levels behind all the new trainers I'm seeing! **** is nuts. It's gonna take forever to get my team up to level 70.
rofl you should've seen my face when i first fought morimoto,
a surprise hidden battle in the game freak building

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
So I've heard rumors that Pokemon Gray is going to be released on the 3DS...

Someone please un-comfirm this. PLEASE

I'm not ready to get a 3DS yet.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
So, like with HG/SS (and FR/LG), anyone think they may remake 3rd gen for the (3)Ds?
It's not too hard to imagine that. Although FRLG were seen as being essential, in order to get the remaining Kanto and Johto Pokemon that RSE and Colloseum didn't have, HGSS, from a "get all the Pokemon" standpoint, didn't really need to be made, since through DPPt and Pal Park you can get every single Pokemon except for Celebi. Because of that, HGSS pretty much set the trend of remaking the games two generations behind the current one.

The anime seems to have supported this. In Dawn's/Hikari's DP special, she mentions going to Hoenn, similar to how Haruka went to Johto at the end of AG.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
INHDAOASHFSAHFSUDJFALUJSDFSJDIFAJLKHSDFIDSF

The game ****ing froze after I found a Gliscor with GREAT IVs in shaking grass. I didn't get to save -___________-

asianaussie

Smash Hero
hmmm thanks. one thing i've done on PO is sleep + whirlwind/roar and it works really nicely since switching resets the sleep counter. waking up instantly is pretty rare, maybe i'll run a hypnosis + circle throw poliwrath some time.
forgot about circle throw, lol

my ideal team would be lilligant + chandelure + cloyster hahah. however many months from now, DW chandelure will come out and i got this!! :)
:(

lilligant has like...three special attacks that aren't grass, and hyper beam and hidden power are two of them

The anime seems to have supported this. In Dawn's/Hikari's DP special, she mentions going to Hoenn, similar to how Haruka went to Johto at the end of AG.
the anime as a legitimate source for pokemon development :awesome:

on that note, the pokemon adventures manga is surprisingly full of foreshadowing...each time a new gen comes out, old characters tend to have pokemon that further evolve...examples are blue's scyther and porygon (and now his rhydon) and silver's sneasel/murkrow.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
3D battiling would be awesome for the first 10 minutes, but I really want to see Kyu in another form or anything.
Word.

He has a bad defensive typing and a base stat total lower than all major legendaries at 660.

He needs help, considerin he has that base stat total and isn't good enough for Ubers LOL

asianaussie

Smash Hero
give him a super-amazing ability that makes him immune to super effective attacks :cool:

sort of like wonder guard, only actually gay

in seriousness, give him a better movepool, snow warning and power up glaciate (65 power? really?)

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Tbh he's really lacking in the signature move department.

I'm guessing he will get another form though, and it will be mad crazy broken and too good for OU.

Lol Shaymin-S.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Kyurem already has two moves programmed into B/W that he can't currently learn in any way. Spoiler warning:

He has Freeze Shock and Ice Burn, both 140BP Ice moves that have a 30% chance to paralyze/burn and 90% accuracy.

So if the speculation about Kyurem being the broken form of the divided Reshiram/Zekrom pogey, then his new form will probably be based on them combining into a single pogey again and healing Kyurem into a total badass legend.

ALSO: DERP!

I am so dumb. I just realized that the Eveelution you get from the game on Pokemon.com is determined by the orbs you collect. I couldn't get Glaceon because the ice orbs don't appear until the last level and I was "playing to win" and trying to get all the orbs all the way through. So I just played it once with this in mind, dodged ALL the orbs except for the ice ones and HERPDERPTADA! I got Glaceon. Gonna make a second account so I can do the same thing and get Espeon for my other game.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Oh yeah, those guys. Could be useful, I guess, but you still have **** coverage and even lower PP doesn't help.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Wish I could do that. :L

Also, both of Kyurem's supposed moves are charge moves that take 2 turns. Making the usefulness akin to Giratina's Shadow Force.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
can he be hit on the first turn of charge though? that makes a big diff. it makes bounce a good move as opposed to razor wind loooooooool.

sky attack too legit.

noctowl is glowing!

Eagle

Smash Lord
Tonight I started raising a Zorua. I thought my game was glitching because whenever I sent out Zorua it would say "Eagle sent out.. Volcanaro!" And I would think 'What the hell? Did my game glitch??' and I even turned the game off.. losing my Zorua.

After hatching another one, an ABCS-V Zorua, I hoped the problem would be fixed. I went into the wild grass with my level 1 Zorua and found a patrat level 10. It said 'Eagle sent out.. Volcanaro!' and I thought my game had stuffed up. Thankfully, when I tried to run the Patrat wouldn't let me escape and tackled me or something. Breaking the God-damn Illusion revealing my precious Zorua. If I escaped I probably would have reset and tried again!

Stupid Illusion making me think my game was buggy. :)

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I randomly went Ditto hunting last night and caught three that had a perfect Sp. Atk. IV...which would've been awesome on its own, and then I found out that one also had perfect HP and Speed as well. Lucky day! :bee:

Top Bottom