• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Black and White (Spoiler Warning)

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
I dunno if this is a place to post this, but may I get on an opinion of how you guys feel about Black and White? I'm just wondering if I should get the game. I've been an avid follower of the series, but this is the first time I haven't reserved the game and really cared for it like I use to. I'm assuming you guys are into competitive battling also. How has that change? It would be great to hear from you guys. Thanks.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
black/white is really good

the series continues to improve

and battling is super diverse now

there are lots of negative nancies around here but

i like the game a lot.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I like the meta alot more than 4th gen but 5th gen has it's share of major threats as well but the game is still early.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i think there are hard counters to most stuff

metagame leans heavily toward offense but

i like it that way :)

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Same here I also like that Ex Ubers like Garchomp and Salemence are legal this time around I better start using them before people start complaining later down the line and they become Uber again.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I have no problem with Reuniclus ever since I seen it in matches and used it in my story mode team I fell in love with it and it is my favorite Psychic type poke next to Slowking and making an EV'd one prety soon.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
If you bike/run back and forth, they usually appear pretty soon.
It helps that it's a straightaway with grass maybe 2-3 steps deep on either side.

There are higher level Audino in Giant Chasm, but I think that's the easiest place to encounter them :x

LAW2222

Smash Journeyman
there is also the level 65 audino that the nurse/doctor has in the sports dome in Nimbasa
that audino can be used to gain like 50,000 exp for a level 1 pokemon and it's the easiest way to level up pokemon i've ever seen. I got a venipede from level 1 all the way to level 40 in one kill

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
If'n I'm rememberin' correctly, having a traded Lv. 1 Pokemon holding a Lucky Egg, switching out then using a stronger Poke to explode on it will yield enough experience to shoot you up to Lv. 60 in one go.
Closest I've done to that is Exploding/Protect in a Lv. 65 Double Battle, which shot me up to the mid 30's-ish(25+ levels first go, another 10 with the second).

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha, i usually power level just using exp share on the elite four

anyway

i'm starting to find that ev training is more valuable to me than straight up leveling now

especially since the game is now flattening everything to 50 in every situation

leveling is very easy in this game with lucky egg and the new scaling system

but unless my pokes are ideal then levelling up doesnt feel as worth it

ev training is coming more naturally to me now, i can get a poke done in a couple hours now that i i know the where the hotspots are at

now to get used to iv breeding...

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
What are your hotspots for Ev training cause you can't rebattle trainers like in 4th gen which sucks?

LAW2222

Smash Journeyman
once you can beat the e4 pokemon the second time you realize the ridiculous amount of EXP they give. i got my bouffalant up to lv 100 two days ago and i was so happy.

also my little brothers friend ran into a pokemon with pokerus so now i have a box full of pokerus:awesome:

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
caitlin's metagross gives -godlike- exp

not sure how alder's volcarona compares, but i think its a lot too. i dont make it to alder very often (i dont use items when i fight the elite four... usually my team is like, 2 strong pokemon and 4 weak ones that i wanna level with exp share)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Just discovered the Negotiation Trades. I dunno why but it's fun :D Completing pokedex and getting new countries for that tower.

Btw, is there an ID Number lottery this gen? At the E4 and haven't found one yet.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Nope, don't think there is.

The way to get another master ball is to have 50 different IDs in your game, then to talk to some guy in a Pokecenter somewhere.

What's the Cargo Service for?

Smasher89

Smash Lord
If'n I'm rememberin' correctly, having a traded Lv. 1 Pokemon holding a Lucky Egg, switching out then using a stronger Poke to explode on it will yield enough experience to shoot you up to Lv. 60 in one go.
Closest I've done to that is Exploding/Protect in a Lv. 65 Double Battle, which shot me up to the mid 30's-ish(25+ levels first go, another 10 with the second).
Dont forget the 2.0 exp Entralink modifier =)

BTW Anyone gotten the lv100 flat battle mission on the entralink that´s listed on Serebii?, might be the best way to check IVs this gen!, I´ve tried getting it and gotten all "abilities", but havent gotten autolv 50 or 100 yet...

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Man, didn't expect the E4 stuff to be that epic. Failed 3 times against the last guy. He's also making me feel bad that I went with Voltik instead of the electric eel.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I remember being critted four times in a row by Krookodile's EQ and missing Power Whip twice

fun fun

Steelia

Smash Champion
Double Battle + Simple Beam = Madness. Can be used nicely to get Regigigas up and kickin quicker, with an added bonus of stat (going moreso for Double Team), or SB a partnered Fire Mothra to get SUPER Quiver Dance. Haven't tried the latter yet, but ohhoohoh. 'gigas wasn't touched except for a very last-ditch attempt Poison attack. I really want to see what a Super Quiver Dance can do.

STILL.
Having fun raising Pkmn. Got about 500 recorded, but still need a few more in the Unova Pokedex to capture. Seen all of them so far. GTS should do the trick.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
They changed it so Regigigas is no longer is stuck in Slow Start if he doesn't have the ability?

Steelia

Smash Champion
They changed it so Regigigas is no longer is stuck in Slow Start if he doesn't have the ability?
Correct.
My Pkmn used Simple Beam on Regigigas at the start of the match; naturally, he was still the slowest of all four Pkmn on the field when getting his upped Double Team in. But after that turn, he was the fastest thing there, and his punches took tremendous damage.

Could've sworn this still applied in DPPtHGSS? I'm quite sure things like Skill Swap and Gastro Acid worked just fine in nullifying 'gigas' ability so that he was up to speed the turn after in PBR.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
I'm considering something like Whimsicott + Beheeyem lead

Whimsicott uses Trick Room, Beheeyem uses Rain Dance
switch out to Carracosta, Simple Beam
Shell Smash/Curse, Psych up
Aqua Jet/Waterfall, Thunderbolt

It would be awesome to pull off. Too bad it's rather slow and give Beheyeem exactly one move for coverage.

Hmm, they're all Unova pokemon, maybe I'll run this at VGC with the jelly foetus as backup...

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
You might as well go for the 'invincible' Sturdy Shedinja set up if you're going to go to that much effort. But it works better in triple battles/that's assuming your opponent doesn't outright kill you.

That said, I'm anxious to get a DW Tirtouga/Carracosta to beast Battle Subway with Drizzltoad, Shell Smash+Swift Swim. Yes I realize I could save time/do it now with Gorebyss/Huntail, but it's not the same.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
After beating the E4, is there a specific area to continue? Both Route 11 and 16 have trainers with level 60 pokemon, so I can't help but feel I've missed something.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
If you mean the first time, no. You can go from whichever end you want, or explore more stuff.

Basically, the areas with high-ish trainers are:

All routes in the east side of the 'city ring'
Dreamyard
Deep Relic Castle
Castelia Cruise Liner
Challenge Cave (west of Opelucid)
The Sports Domes

I probably missed something, but oh well...

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I tried that.
Power items + Pkrs is so much easier.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Battle Subway is so confusing, Ingo's Klinklang outsped my Jolly Terrakion

Savon

Smash Ace
Battle subway is complete bull.

Feraligatr outsped my Gallade and 1 shotted him with aqua tail, then took an earthquake from my Landorus before 1 shotting him with ice fang, then he outsped my Tyranitar and OHKO'd him with superpower.

I felt so helpless........I WAS A VICTIM!!!!

I may not be a super competitive pokemon player, but I hate how the battle subway perfectly counters your teams along with hax percentages.

Top Bottom