• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Black and White (Spoiler Warning)

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I think you Critical Catched or whatever it's called

It happens as often as you'd see a Critical Hit with the pokeball and you're nearly guaranteed to catch a pokemon with it.

Looks like you got lucky

Octave

Smash Ace
Beat the 7th gym:

When I walked up to Brycen, I thought "Hey, this guy hasn't even been in the plot. How disappointing, I like Ice types." When he walked out and detected the Shadow triad I was really surprised and impressed. Definitely wasn't expecting it. He's a lot cooler now. :bee:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Tell me how I just caught a pokemon with one shake O_O

It happens as often as you'd see a Critical Hit with the pokeball and you're nearly guaranteed to catch a pokemon with it.

Looks like you got lucky
I wondered what that was, it wriggles in the air before the pokeball flashes white and drops. thought it was just an effect of using the Nest Ball when the pokemon might have otherwise broken out.

rhan

Smash Hero

Looks like you got lucky
This has happened to me about 6 times. 2 of those times the pokemon broke out.

1 of them was on Victini...:glare:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Fun fact: Watchog has the lowest BST in B/W and Swoobat has the 2nd lowest (Fully evolved pokemon this fact take into account of course.)

M.K

Level 55
Even more fun fact:

On Serebii, Lenora is current the 2nd ranked "hardest gym leader" behind Elesa. And her star Pokemon? Watchog.

:awesome:

We all had trouble with a noob.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
i just caught sawk and double kicked that bich...hardest gym leader ever is whitney

i caught victini in a pokeball, it was naive with 31 SpA and 30 Spe

im a pokemon master

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
i am kinda mad. i didnt plan out my team this time but i had some pokes i really liked so i aimed for them and some other pokes i am ok with fell into my group. now the reason i am mad is that 1: i have no spc attackers on my team and the one poke who could be my sppc attacker is adamant. and 2: half my team needs to be traded for me to evolve them and i dont want to get further in the game till i evolve them :(. i know people with the game but i wont see them till ether tuesday or weds.

rhan

Smash Hero
Random possible theory/spoiler:

Caitlin from the E4 is the same Caitlin from the Battle Castle on the Battle Frontier. The sprites are highly similar. Also the fact that she was a frontier brain could be the reason why she became one.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Random possible theory/spoiler:

Caitlin from the E4 is the same Caitlin from the Battle Castle on the Battle Frontier. The sprites are highly similar. Also the fact that she was a frontier brain could be the reason why she became one.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Revamped my team:

Gyarados (Water HM ***** that still kicks ***)
Tyranitar (<3)

Then instead of the other two gens + 2 Gen V, I decided I wanna use all GenV, as I really love the gen.

Scrafty
Haxorous
Volcanora(sp, the fire bug, it can fly<3)
Elektrosss

This way I got a special attacker, a mixed attacker, and 4 physical attackers instead of 6 physical... :3

asianaussie

Smash Hero
cynthia isn't exactly a story character, didn't think it was spoiler material

i think she's literally there on vacation

if i spoiled it for you, sorry :\

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Man, this poketransfer is extremely gay. Why the **** can't I bring in more Master Balls from my SS? It's not like that item doesn't exist in BW

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Does anyone know of a place where I could find a list of special/challenge Pokémon run-throughs, or have any ideas of possibilities for them themselves? I'm thinking I'd like to start playing White (since I got both Black and White), but I'd like to spice it up a little bit and do more than just a regular playthrough of it. Problem is, I know I don't want to do Nuzlocke, and I don't really want to do a mono-type or solo run either, and those are the only ones I can think of.

God Larvesta sucks. Can't wait for it to evolvveee x.x
It's worth the wait, Volcarona is absolutely bad***.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Does anyone know of a place where I could find a list of special/challenge Pokémon run-throughs, or have any ideas of possibilities for them themselves? I'm thinking I'd like to start playing White (since I got both Black and White), but I'd like to spice it up a little bit and do more than just a regular playthrough of it. Problem is, I know I don't want to do Nuzlocke, and I don't really want to do a mono-type or solo run either, and those are the only ones I can think of.

It's worth the wait, Volcarona is absolutely bad***.
I believe you. I was going to use representives of each gen+ Scrafty, but I decided against it(I've said this before) My reasoning was this:

- I really like Gen V, lol.

I kept Gyara because he is my favorite Water-HM **** that can still kick ***, and Tyranitar is my personal Favorite.

I kept Haxorous and Scrafty, and wanted Elektross. I've loved his design from the beginning.

So I need someone who can Fly. All Gen V flyers are meh except Archeops, Hydreigon, and ...Volcanora? She can Fly???

So yeah, I picked her.

She looks so bad***.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Firus, do a Scramble Challenge:

1. Pick five other players to be your recommendation council
2. Have them vote on your starter
3. Each of the five then trades you an egg that you must hatch and use in your run
4. They might screw you. They might set you up for awesomeness. They are not allowed you send you "useless" pokemon and you can request that certain pogeys are not included in the trades, although you can skip both those rules for bonus difficulty. I think a crew from SWF wouldn't hurt you too bad but they wouldn't make it too easy for you either.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
The Scramble Challenge is definitely an interesting one, and I'd actually like to try it in the future, but I was thinking more along the lines of directly changing the gameplay for this run. Like, with a Nuzlocke run you can only catch the first Pokémon on each route, you physically lose the Pokémon if they faint, and the like, as opposed to the selection of the Pokémon being altered.

There may not be a run out there that suits my purposes, haha, I'm just trying to see if there is one out there.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i just did a poke transfer of alllll my pokemon in diamond

i have more pokemon now than i know what to do with

7 100's
several 80+

i can make an uber team
an all starters team
a hail team

idk what to do now. LOL!

sooooo many pokemon.

M.K

Level 55
The Scramble Challenge is definitely an interesting one, and I'd actually like to try it in the future, but I was thinking more along the lines of directly changing the gameplay for this run. Like, with a Nuzlocke run you can only catch the first Pokémon on each route, you physically lose the Pokémon if they faint, and the like, as opposed to the selection of the Pokémon being altered.

There may not be a run out there that suits my purposes, haha, I'm just trying to see if there is one out there.
I honestly think Nuzlocke for this game would be INSANELY challenging. I'd rip my eyes out.
I don't think there's a specialized list, so you'll have to make one up as you go along.

And lol it is the same Caitlin....she references it when she
visits Cynthia at her resort home in Undella Town.

The whole reason we fought Darach is because Caitlin used to get so angry over battles that her Psychic powers would flare up and become destructive. Now she's able to control them, which is why she's the battler now.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I honestly think Nuzlocke for this game would be INSANELY challenging. I'd rip my eyes out.
I don't think there's a specialized list, so you'll have to make one up as you go along.
Well yeah, that's why I said in my other post I really don't want to do a Nuzlocke, just something that changes the gameplay like Nuzlocke does (not in the same way exactly). Besides, I still have my Sapphire Nuzlocke pending, and the reason I haven't continued that one is pretty much the same reason I'm not too eager to start another. It's fun and challenging, but you're scared of losing that one Pokémon you REALLY need and then you lose a Pokémon and get completely demotivated to continue. At least, that's how I work.

Meh, I started up my game and got to Route 1, I may just end up tackling it normally. I feel like there's gotta be some way to mix it up other than just changing my Pokémon selection, but I can't for the life of me figure out what I could do.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
The whole reason we fought Darach is because Caitlin used to get so angry over battles that her Psychic powers would flare up and become destructive. Now she's able to control them, which is why she's the battler now.
Oooh, scary. Has anyone else noticed how much hair she has? I mean, seriously, there's so much hair!

Well yeah, that's why I said in my other post I really don't want to do a Nuzlocke, just something that changes the gameplay like Nuzlocke does (not in the same way exactly).
Maybe you could try changing the battle mode to Set instead of Shift? That's probably not a very drastic change, though.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Mono-type, solo Pokemon, type link (you can only use a Pokemon if it shares a type with another one of your Pokemon), that one I made up where you have to catch all wild Pokemon, no items, no Poke Centers, no evolving

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I did a modified "hard/Nuzlocke-ish" run. Set battles, Pokeballs only, no medicine items, and raise different teams, sometimes based on area, the first thing I capture there, or other factors. To make it more challenging I also subconsciously tried making it a "fair" chance that I'll succeed or fail at doing something. With this I did things like catch Volcarona when I left Nimbassa w/ 2 unevolved Lv. 40's, beat Opelucid gym with only 3 unevolved Pokemon(one evolved upon beating the gym), got frickin' swept in the first few gyms, and made catching certain legendaries near impossible. Also catch/do everything, no overgrinding, etc..

Really it just depends on how hard you are willing to go. Nohetero

Rubyiris

Smash Hero

And lol it is the same Caitlin....she references it when she
visits Cynthia at her resort home in Undella Town.

This has been the easiest Nuzlocke run for me thus far.

Anyways super late Nuzlocke update:

Murdered absolutely everything, pretty much. Grinding Audinos early game set the pace to always be 3~5 levels above the average.

Caught Cobalion. Bad ivs/nature but its typing makes it beastomodo.

Caught a Zebra. It died to a crit.
Dawg died to a crit Dragon Claw from a Fraxure.
Caught a Rufflet. It died to a crit Aqua Tail

***** the dragon gym with Smugleaf. I like how even though dragon resists grass, Giga Drain still 2hkoed everything LOL. Smugleaf wasn't even overleveled. It was @ Lv.43 when I entered the gym.

After ****** the gym, I caught Thunderus and did route 17/18 stuff. Currently mopping up any trainers I missed before hitting up Victory Road. I plan on max repelling until I can get to the legendary.

Current team:

R.I.P.:

Loli the Lv.30 Lilligant
Makka the Lv.16 Darumakka
Zebra the Lv. 35 Zebstrika
Chiq the Lv.40 Rufflet
Dawg the Lv.43 Stoutland

Current team @ Victory Road:

Lv.41 Baus (Thundurus)
Lv.52 Cobalt (Cobalion)
Lv.50 Duckload (Swanna)
Lv.51 Gundam (Victini)
Lv.51 Smugleaf (Serperior)

*Edit*

Team died, game over.

R.I.P.:

Lv.43 Baus the Thundurus
Lv.55 Cobalt the Cobalion
Lv.51 Duckload the Swanna
Lv.59 Gundam the Victini (nearly single-handedly swept the entire e4, n, and ghetis. Finally died to Hydreigon.)
Lv.56 Smugleaf the Serperior
Lv.55 Zekrom
Lv.43 Virizon
Loli the Lv.30 Lilligant
Makka the Lv.16 Darumakka
Zebra the Lv. 35 Zebstrika
Chiq the Lv.40 Rufflet
Dawg the Lv.43 Stoutland

save deleted. Running this **** again.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I feel like I'm missing a lot of TMs, so I went through the list on Serebii

First TM, Hone Claws, says you get it from the freezer container (which I'm assuming is the cold storage) as a gift from the sage but I never got it...

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Gotta beat the first round of the game first and have the detective guy visit you.

Return to the Cold Storage's innermost place and the sage is just sitting there, where he gives you the TM.

M.K

Level 55
This sage hunt is strange.

Half of them are bitter, the other half are like...literally crazy (Dreamyard? Yeah.).
It's annoying to hear how devoted they still are. Give up >_>.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
where can i find the EV-reducing berries...I have like 80 of each in HG, so angry I couldn't send them over...

I have useless EVs on my Reshiram I want to clear and can't access Dream World due to no private wireless

Top Bottom