• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Black and White (Spoiler Warning)

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
What is the guy dressed in black in the house where you get the Larvesta egg on Route 18 looking for? Whenever I talk to him, he says there's nothing interesting in my bag. I know he wants something, but I don't know what it is.

RATED

Smash Lord
I need the Dark/flying pokemon that appears only in Pokemon black :( :( :(

and Keldio, Meloetta and Genosect are going to be event pokemon right? I am about to complete the Unova pokedex :)

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Still training to get strong for the E4

My team:

Roobushin lvl 61 (LORAX)
Chandelure lvl 64 (CHANDEGAY)
Wargle lvl 59
Krookodile lvl 60 (DEALWITHIT)
Carracosta lvl 52 (RICO)
Zuruzukin lvl 60 (SCRAPPER)

You know, I think I get why people would think that Zuru's better with Moxie in game, but eh, it's too late to change that for Shed Skin :/

And can anyone tell me a good way to train that's not going to the domes and fighting there everyday? I might as well have faced every trainer in Unova and still not have enough power to defeat the E4

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Found out that I didn't actually finish the bug gym lol. I hadn't touched my game for a few days and realized I had planned on grabbing victini, THEN tackling the gym.

Grabbed Victini, wrecked face.

Went to the desert oasis, caught a Darumakka, went to the castle to grab a fossil, murdered the trainers, and made my way to the city. Grabbed the sunstone and evolved my Loli. Tackled N and hit up the gym.

All of the mooks were easymode, but the gym leader gave me a massive headache, including crithaxing my Loli and killing her, WHO JUST ****ING EVOLVED! Like, I literally did not use her in a single fight up until the leader, and she got instakilled by the zebra. It was mad dumb. I switched her in on his spark, and got paralyzed, then crit'd by flame charge which she would have otherwise been able to easily survive, then giga drain back up. Finally finished her team off with my eviolite Derp @ 1 hp.

Made my way to the 4th gym, fought every trainer and caught a Chinchilla, boxed it because it didn't have Technician. On the bridge I caught a Duck. Made it to the city, ran to cold storage, caught another chinchilla and boxed it too because it also didn't have Technician. ***** team plasma, then ***** the gym with Duck and Smugleaf, both pokemon evolving by the time I ***** the gym leader.

I made my way to the electric cave. Wild pokemon on route 6 was the bird so I just murdered it and repelled up, only fighting the trainers to level up my pokemon. I tend to avoid grass battles at this point of the game unless I'm bringing a pokemon up to speed, unless I know there are shaking grass audinos, then I grind the **** out of my pokemon.

Currently in the cave. Wild pokemon was the boulder crap, so I chunked it, repelled up, and am currently molesting the trainers in the cave.

R.I.P.:

Loli the Lv.30 Lilligant
Makka the Lv.16 Darumakka

Current team:

Lv.36 Smugleaf (Serperior)
Lv.32 Gundam (Victini)
Lv.32 Derp (Gurdurr)
Lv.32 Dawg (Stoutland)
Lv.35 Duckload (Swanna)

M.K

Level 55
I find the postgame decidedly too...open. Might just be laziness, but it sucks that I always feel like I'm moving on from a HUGE route without exploring everything.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I find the postgame decidedly too...open. Might just be laziness, but it sucks that I always feel like I'm moving on from a HUGE route without exploring everything.
I agree; the routes are so big, there are so many new Pokemon, lots of trainers, lots of items. My OCD can't take it!

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I think it's amazing to be honest. This gen is the biggest sandbox ever!

Honestly, I feel like they did a lot of things right...

Anyways, onward to what I've been doing. Since I beat "the story", my team has shifted.

Zoroark, Simipour, Serperior, and Archeops have went into the box. They absence is because my new team, the team to represent all gens, is afoot.

So far, I'm at:

~Lv43 Lagiacrus (Gyarados)
~lv55 Kairyu (Tyranitar)
~lv60 Fang (Haxorous)
~Lv60 Shimmy (Scrafty)

I plan to pick up Flygon and Riolou shortly, but I'm training these 4 to 60 before moving on. Kinda just grinding off Audino's atm, and doing the Unova cruise. Once I'm 60 I'm going to go finish Relic Castle, and go from there.

And at some point, catch Victini and Zoroark. I'm thinking Naughty nature for both.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Mmmmmm, I'm not too sure about saying yes. Lemme go look at Sigilyph's stats.

EDIT: 50/50 either way. Sigilyph's better for speed though.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
What is the guy dressed in black in the house where you get the Larvesta egg on Route 18 looking for? Whenever I talk to him, he says there's nothing interesting in my bag. I know he wants something, but I don't know what it is.
The dude is actually looking for Rare Bones, IIRC. The event scientist shows up inside the P2 Lab once you get Genesect.

And wooooooooooooooooooow, I spent like literally 3-4 hours yesterday going back to Relic Castle. Took off with only Lv. 40 Rufflet and Larvesta, caught 2 Luvdiscs, a Clamperl, and a Relicanth on the way. Was grinding on Krokorok's/Co-cigarette-rigus, when I came into the new area/had to Team Plasma w/a Lv. 64 Krookodile. Which got +3 Moxie status. :c Yawn from Relicanth/crit with Rufflet's Crush Claw barely saved me. Then I came to the maze, and after what seemed like an hour of grinding, finally came to the sage/end. Bit more grinding, then I got Braviary/my own Volcarona, so I thought I could take the wild one. Swept my entire team, save for Volca who lived by Quiver Dance boosting. Finally ended up catching it, and when I went to check, I found out that I was struggling against it because it was Bold with a perfect Sp. Atk. IV. :bee:

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Ugh :L When it Game Sync gonna be available. I'm ready to start mixing up teams and see how they pan out against others.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Sigiliyph is good. I can't spell his name though. Psybeam/Air Cutter/Solarbeam or Thunder Wave or Charge Beam carries you through the game. It gets Air Slash and Psychic by level up, yay.

I love having two DS's, especially when the second was an accident. Jolly DD Tyranitar, perfect Atk ,SpA, SpD, Spe, EV trained in HG from a lv1 yesterday and raised on Audinos (woo 20k exp). My team just got a lot better.

Now to get Power Anklet and Power Lens so I can breed a good Larvesta. I already transferred three Dittos, each with a necessary IV. Might transfer over my Timid or Modest Starmie, hoping it still wrecks Tower/Subway like it used to.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Question.

My game has started off in autumn, while my DS clock - I'm pretty sure - is set to March. Is that part of the plot? Or is my game broke.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
The game changes seasons each MONTH, so they don't correspond to actual seasons. Otherwise the game wouldn't make much sense in the southern hemisphere, would it? When April rolls around, the game will switch to Winter and in May it will be spring.

I think I'm about ready to tackle the E4 in Black, but I took a break and switched to White. Up to the fourth gym and once again I'm having a hard time picking a flier. So far I'm running Servine/Victini/Tirtouga/Deino (traded from Black)/Timburr/Sandile... so I think I'll ditch Sandile once I pick a flier, but I'm not sure who to nab. I might trade over a Rufflet and use that so I don't have to wait for them just outside of victory road.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I beat the entire E4 with a Galvantula.

And I'm not talking about the story E4 either.

Octave

Smash Ace
Wow, glad I picked Galvantula then o:

My team now, visiting routes 17 and 18:

Scrafty (Salty) Lv 39
Lilligant (Swag) Lv 39
Samurott (Gallahad) lv 39
Galvantula (.JPEG) lv 40
Herdier lv 24 (to be replaced by Haxorus)
Pidove lv 9 (to be replaced by Golurk)

My team hardly has the staying power it needs right now, but I'm about to go farm Axews in Mistralton until I get an Adamant one (don't care about IVs in the main story).

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Well my Galvantula is lvl 93 w/ Compoundeyes, a Timid nature, perfect SAtk and Spe IVs, is properly EV trained, and has a moveset of Charge Beam, Thunder, Bug Buzz, and Energy Ball. And even then it's nothing but luck.

I was actually just using the Elite Four to train on to lvl 100 and he managed to beat them all one time. So yeah.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
The game changes seasons each MONTH, so they don't correspond to actual seasons. Otherwise the game wouldn't make much sense in the southern hemisphere, would it? When April rolls around, the game will switch to Winter and in May it will be spring.
Tell that to bloody Animal Crossing.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
circa, that's godlike LOL. i thought i was cool being able to beat them with only lilligant and chandelure.

but 1 pokemon? too good.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Tell that to bloody Animal Crossing.
Haha, very true.

Well, I've finally come full circle in the Unova region; that is, I've explored every route. It's kind of sad. All that's left to do now is explore some areas I didn't fully get to, challenge the Pokemon League again, and
look for the rest of the Sages
. Pokemon White has definitely a great experience so far.

Also, I just learned that the in-game trades in this game have fixed natures and IVs. Nifty!

Village Bridge has the best music.

EDIT: Even better, the Surfing theme doesn't play when you surf there so you can keep listening to it!

majora_787

Smash Hero
I finally beat the elite four and the rest of the story yesterday, because I was underleveled. I don't know how to train my stuff up now, the Victory Road strategy is kinda slow for level 50-60 stuff... I don't want to keep going until I can find a new training method, because I know I'll get kicked back to the center by the first trainers I meet. xD

Plus, trades that I need to get done aren't going well at all, and the GTS appears to have eaten my Volcarona...

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
circa, that's godlike LOL. i thought i was cool being able to beat them with only lilligant and chandelure.

but 1 pokemon? too good.
It's not too bad actually lol. I beat them twice all the way through before I got it to lvl 100.

Just Marshal's Sawk is a pain in the ***. Well, that and Grimsley. Marshal's Sawk has Sturdy, so it's guaranteed to get a chance at hitting you with Stone Edge, which OHKOs. So you just have to get lucky and have that miss. And then against Grimsley, his Sharpedo is OHKO'd by Charge Beam, and you absolutely need the SAtk boost to take on his Scrafty. Otherwise, you fail to OHKO with even Thunder and you eat a Head Smash.

So like I said. Luck. If you look at my hall of fame things though you'll see that I also had a Pidove, but I never used it; not even as fodder. It was just there so I could Fly back in case I beat them all lolz.

Top Bottom