• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
They can use l's in names and stuff but ordinary words dont have them. Just like how we pronounce foreign names the same as their country does even though we are speaking english

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
I thought that the 'r' and 'l' sounds were interchangable in Japan, hence the stereotypical "Engrish" accent. Thought I read that somewhere.

Also, Chillarmy sounds extremely Irish to me.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Ah, perfect! Thanks for the link Mic!
Honestly, it's not as if I "dislike" Serebii, but he takes ONLY the facts of the situation. Half the fun of the wait is the rumors, and also, Serebii seems to mistranslate alot of details. Likewise, he misses a **** ton of details.
PokeBeach seems to be a great source, I love Filb.de, and PokeJungle is like...."fun". haha.
Bleugh, I'd hate it if it was full of rumours. Serebii should stick to facts, it's much better that way, no silly made up information included.

UberMario

Smash Master
Bleugh, I'd hate it if it was full of rumours. Serebii should stick to facts, it's much better that way, no silly made up information included.
This! It's good to have a site that isn't overwhelmed with rumors, if I want that I go to Pokebeach.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Chillarmy, eh? I just broke the name into two, literally and read "Chill, army."

I would have preferred a more smooth translation from the Japanese name, but oh well. I'm curious as to the romanization of the Professor. Araragi, I believe her name was.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Chillarmy, eh? I just broke the name into two, literally and read "Chill, army."

I would have preferred a more smooth translation from the Japanese name, but oh well. I'm curious as to the romanization of the Professor. Araragi, I believe her name was.
Well if they stick with the tree theme, I will guess she will be Prof. Willow.

I wish Chirami would just be its English name, it's just pleasant to say.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Is that what Araragi means in Japanese? Or are you just throwing a random tree name out there? Willow does seem possible, though.
I was just throwing out a tree that sounded like it could be a more feminine name. Were all the other professors direct Japanese translations?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I don't think so, I believe Rowan was just a type of Japanese tree.

The more that I think about it Willow seems to be the only feminine sounding name. Let's try our luck at predicting Generation V. We've done a pretty good job of it thus far, haha.

Mewter

Smash Master
I think it would be cool to get costumes for your character that become available when you upgrade your trainer card. It would give you something to work for.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
I think it would be cool to get costumes for your character that become available when you upgrade your trainer card. It would give you something to work for.
They really should give us outfit changes as a sort of unlockable based on our achievements. Again, more to work for, more fun in the end, and to add to the appeal factor of this game.

It'll also be a nice change if we get bored of the current outfit our character wears.

LeviNifty

Smash Ace
Probably been said before but I think that co-op story would be a great thing to have, don't know really how it would work though and it dosn't look likely :ohwell:

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I'm 100% for this. They need to give us some sort of reward for filling out the Trainer Card. The completion itself is always somewhat of a reward, but it's nice if they give you something cool enough to look forward to that maybe makes you forget exactly what you're doing and how inconsequential the thing you're striving for is -- sort of like how I played Animal Crossing: City Folk like crazy to work up the points to get a Samus Helmet just because of the coolness factor.

If it weren't for that, I probably would've gotten bored of the game much, much faster.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I would quickly get bored with the tedious tasks of Trainer Card upgrades and AR the costumes unless they eased them up for the sake of having unlockables now.

Night-san

Smash Journeyman
I would laugh really hard if Aragi's name became Willow in the English translation.

When we had our school Macbooks, I made the beginning of a text-based Pokemon fangame with a mostly running battle engine and everything. It was called Pokemon Light Version, but I considered calling it White. The professor for that region was a female named Willow. xD

'R' and 'L' do pretty much make the same sound in Japan. Hence why Rukario became Lucario, Chirami became Chillarmy, etc.

I'm really happy right now. I just pre-ordered the (North American) Black Version at GameStop. :D

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
That was probably the most depressing point of the game.

Costumes would be sick, and add more variety into the trainer rather than the Pokemon. :)

Or we could also put on costumes on our pokemon. No, I don't mean those ****ty accessories for contests, I mean actual costumes. For example, back in gen 3, I actually thought that the Silk Scarf was actually an accessory for your pokemon and that it would appear in battle wearing it. Then it turns out it just boosts the power of normal type moves :/

I've been wanting for one of those wearable accessories ever since then. I believe they made a step in the right direction with seals, but if they could just take it a bit further by actually buying things like little bows, hats, etc. for your pokemon, that would be great.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Customization for pokemon seems like a great idea but I wonder how it would effect the quality of the sprites. Mainly because, by giving people the ability to customize pokemon, GF might decide to give simpler poses to make sure the cloths don't come out all messed up (like some moves do on certain pokemon).

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Customization for pokemon seems like a great idea but I wonder how it would effect the quality of the sprites. Mainly because, by giving people the ability to customize pokemon, GF might decide to give simpler poses to make sure the cloths don't come out all messed up (like some moves do on certain pokemon).
They have the room don't they? Sure they may take a bit longer than expected, but I'm sure fans would appreciate that and clothes changes

majora_787

Smash Hero
You mean like how Flamethrower comes out of Houndoom's eyes because it comes out of the same point on each sprite?

I'd honestly rather have quality animated sprites than low-quality animated sprites with an optional scarf.

Besides, what scarf would fit Wailord? =\

UberMario

Smash Master
You mean like how Flamethrower comes out of Houndoom's eyes because it comes out of the same point on each sprite?
Or how Gen IV-style String Shot can squeeze nothing or even cut through limbs visually as it constricts. XD

Also, accessories will probably only happen when Pokemon [eventually in the distant future] becomes fully three-dimensional, it would be a nightmare for the OFFICIAL sprite creators to make 20-or-more poses for about 800 pokemon.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
Yup. I'd rather have Water Gun shooting from Poliwrath's lower extremities rather than customizable positions of attacks and items. If it isn't broken, don't fix it.
Also, accessories will probably only happen when Pokemon [eventually in the distant future] becomes fully three-dimensional, it would be a nightmare for the OFFICIAL sprite creators to make 20-or-more poses for about 800 pokemon.
Designing new looking sprites of previous generations is tedious enough, personal items would only delay future releases. And personally, I prefer the air to avoid these, at least in my eyes, meaningless add-ons.

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
I'm toying with the idea of doing a nuzlocke run for my first playthrough of Black/White. I think it might give me a unique experience of the new generation, and it'll give me a chance to actually USE the small dumb pokemon like the gopher and the pigeon.

I remember my first playthrough of red when I was a kid. I actually used a pidgey and ratatta, etc., and nowadays I like to make a team of 3-4 good pokemon and stick with them for the entire game. A nuzlocke run would force me to back to the basics and I would be able to fully appreciate all the new pokemon.

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
Speaking of wailord, I expect a big sprite of him in B/W

Waguru or however you say it has a sprite around wailords size if not bigger.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I actually just started the nuzlocke challenge on emerald yesterday... And i was thinking about playing through either black or white that way as well, but going through the other version how i normally would as well

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
You know, the previews have shown how Pokemon enter battle.

They're thrown in the air, they get out of the Pokeball mid-air, then land.

Groudon.

Snorlax.

Wailord.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

XACE-K

Smash Master
You know, the previews have shown how Pokemon enter battle.

They're thrown in the air, they get out of the Pokeball mid-air, then land.

Groudon.

Snorlax.

Wailord.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
Even better, we get to the bottom of...

Diglett

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.
10 bucks says GF will make Diglett appear with flying ground.

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
he said we'll get to see the bottom of diglett
so i showed him the bottom of diglett

zrky

Smash Lol'd
For diglett, the dirt we've always seen is probably going to be seen and that would go for the movements too. I doubt even Sugimori knows what is below diglett and dugtrio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom