• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
You can actually look at the bottom of diglett in Pokemon Stadium 2.

It's dirt lol.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Whoa hoa. Looks like we're getting a goose pokemon, a black gym leader, what seems to be a better improved version of contests, a doe pokemon, some weird kind of rotating triple battle thing, the ability to transfer pokemon to a computer by the dream smoke thing, a weird tall evo for the scout badger, and magnet train/SS Aqua sort of vehicle

Ok, now I'm excited for this game now.

AND they fixed the shadows on the pokemons :D

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
when that football player came up, I thought he was a new pokemon haha
anyways, awesome new footage this will be great

celebi there were 4 new ones i thought?: the goose, the dear, the squirrel, and that one at the very end

Moozle

Smash Champion
Smugleaf with bat wings and a top hat. It doesn't get anymore epic than that!

Edit: The evolution of the gopher guy is weird looking! Does the thing at 5:20 mean that you'll sometimes run into more than one pokemon in the wild? That's pretty cool.

UberMario

Smash Master
There's a slew of new pokemon info over at Serebii, including:

-A fawn pokemon (Stantler pre-evo?)
-A stork pokemon
-A mongoose evolution for the chipmunk pokemon
-OUTFITS, including hats, dresses, bows, you name it.
-A replacement for contests [which involves dressing up your pokemon, and possibly something else]
-Three brand new moves: Soak, Fire Oath, and Grass Oath.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
So bout those accessories.

Doesn't look like we can use 'em in battle, but heck, we've got full animations for them already, so maybe they'll be nice and let us REALLY use them? :3

Wrath`

Smash Master
The in game art looks much more like anime then just zoomed in sprites for the gym battles, nice addition.

Soak sounds like it will give the opposing pokemon an electric weakness when hit with it, witch would be a cool new move type. But I have no clue what the Oaths would do. All I can think is that it would power up that STAB of that type of move, but would make so you can only use that type of move untill switching.

Baton pass Fire oath into an infernape with Flare Blitz with a CS, scary stuff.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Great, Pokemon Black and White, the only game with Wifi battles uglier than Soul Calibur IV.

AND YOU ARE TELLING ME WE GET SEASONS FOR EACH PLACE :o THIS I am most excited about. That's crazy.
We got a look at the evil team, no one seems to notice that though.
I LOVE the time of day graphics on the bridge, amazing.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Soak/Tbolt Lanturn, anyone?

Yeah, the new medival-ish Team Plasma. Eh, rumors are true I guess. Oh, BTW CRASHiC, Since GF has already made people wait 1/2 a year for a Safari Zone Bagon, I wouldn't totally debunk the idea of seasonal Pokemon. Imagine having to wait for months (Or alternatively, just speed up your clock) for a Pokemon.

Also, am I the only one hating on the new minigame? It's a mere 6 Pokemon at a time and it looks annoying. If it immediately puts you back at the "port pokemon" menu after each minigame, I guess I'm OK with it.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I would LOVE Seasonal pokemon. More flavor to the crunch. As a fan of Endless Ocean (who has a very complicated seasonal thing) this is a big plus for me :thumbsup:

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
They're like knights or something.

Also, apparently you can ride around on Pokémon now.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Oh my, do my eyes decieve me, or does this place have a more liberal map that what we have seen previously? Could you by chance have the choice to pick your gym order?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Hmmmm

According to Serebii, it seems that contests are now getting dumped for the dress up thing we saw in that vid. I always hated those things tbh.

Team Plasma is the name? Well, as long as they aren't as stupid as Team Galactic were, I'm fine with it.

Anybody think that we'll be getting a mechanics change? I mean, we got the Physical/Special split this gen and what not. Think they'll tweak it up any further? Personally I hope not. The system is already fine enough as it is.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
I don't imagine any change to the current mechanics, or nothing too game-changing. I would destroy many walls if they made the commands more skill-based, similarly to the Mario & Luigi series. That would just screw with everything. Fortunately, we haven't seen any hint to that, so that's veeeeeeery far from every happening.

BTW, Native american patterns + Totem poll + Chipmunk = Miruhoggu
(just sayin')

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535
Anybody think that we'll be getting a mechanics change? I mean, we got the Physical/Special split this gen and what not. Think they'll tweak it up any further? Personally I hope not. The system is already fine enough as it is.
Well, since they have added triple battles, probably not.

I agree; for now, the system's good. :)

Moozle

Smash Champion
The game with the crossbow thing reminds me of the ekans/diglett game from Pokémon Stadium 1. I loved that game.

No one answered what I asked before. Do you think we will be able to run into more wild pokémon at once, like when the two Miruhoggu appear in the video.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
The game with the crossbow thing reminds me of the ekans/diglett game from Pokémon Stadium 1. I loved that game.

No one answered what I asked before. Do you think we will be able to run into more wild pokémon at once, like when the two Miruhoggu appear in the video.
That already happens in this game. Remember? Eterna Forest

It's not like this is anything new or something

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
But now you can have wild double battles when ALONE.

That's the difference.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Wild double battles would make the Nuzlocke challenge different.

But I could see this backfire in a way, *runs through grass* *Battle Music*
"You encounter (Roaming legend here)+ Gravler". "Gravler used Self-Destruct"
"Gravler fainted, (Roaming legend) Fainted"

Hope you saved.

XACE-K

Smash Master
BTW, Native american patterns + Totem poll + Chipmunk = Miruhoggu
(just sayin')
Miruhoggu looks more meerkat to me than chipmunk. I guess it's the pose.

Also, football player trainer is amazing. 2 of my favorite things in one. I hope you can choose to be one for wi-fi.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
For rumors with Team Plasma:

* Gochiruzeru (green blob), Rankurusu (goth), Kibago (larvitar-ish one), Hatopo- (notice PO not BO, still long “o” but I feel like people will pronounce it like ‘poo’p and not ‘po’pe how it’s supposed to be pronounced, so I’m simplifying it), and Gigigiaru (Giaru evo) will be introduced
* Hatopo is Mamepato’s evolution
* New attacks: Psycho Energy, Air Drive, Hurricane Vigor
* New ability: Carelessness, may negate weaknesses? (this was really hard to translate)
* Seem to be new Pokemon Natures introduced
* Between 100 and 150 new pokemon
* Team Plasma is the evil group, some of the execs may have belonged to Team Galaxy (fixed slight error on this one)
* DSi video chat (as we’ve heard many times! exciting!)
* Double battles occur frequently in the wild
* Transferring Pokemon over from previous games is “Friend Park” (actually different name than Pal Park, at least listed in this rumor) and there are certain rules for transfer
There's more, but it seems to have been lost in time. This is all that I can pull up.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Friend Park reminds me, since this isn't on the 3DS and you can't transfer pokemon from gen 4 to gen 5 like you would with gen 3 to gen 4, are we gonna have to get 2 DSs to trade? Blagh, that sounds tedius.

And I suppose that Pal Park will carry over to this version as well as Friend Park.

Kole

Smash Lord
New natures are interesting.

'Hurricane Vigor' is a bad*** attack name. Just saying.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Well the only thing new natures could bring would +in two areas with - in two areas or having an HP boosting nature, so blissy can have even more health. Could get into the 1,000's?

+Def/SpD Registeel for the win

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Unless you happen to be a princess-saving plumber dressed in red, you're not overshadowing Pokemon.

verycoolguy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CoolVCG
+Def/+SpDef Blissey is much better than with +HP/+SpDef.
It's not like you cannot play Pokemon B&W on the 3DS.

What does Nuzlocking mean?

Wrath`

Smash Master
+Def/+SpDef Blissey is much better than with +HP/+SpDef.
It's not like you cannot play Pokemon B&W on the 3DS.

What does Nuzlocking mean?
Ummm. Blissey has a base Defense stat of like 20, so putting it there would be useless, With HP and Spec D it would be able to take more special attacks.

Nuzlocke is a variant way to play pokemon, we have a thread on it here somewhere

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
+HP/+Def would be better, so you can live through more Physical hits, and survive a few huge special hits like NPApe Focus Blast.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
New moves tend to be the big thing from it.

Also you open up variety in LC.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Oh I know. I think I may have to be the OP for it to work because I just did it the other day. That would be an odd restriction though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom