• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberMario

Smash Master
Black is all aruond better. Its longer in length and in time, as well as providing a much fuller experience.
We have no genuine proof that is the case, espeically since that would cause sales to be highly imbalanced toward black.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
The source is my own personal experience thank you very much.
If you're getting at what I think you're getting at, I'd suggest knocking it off since it's not funny and it's spam, to say the very least.

Also, I guess I'm the only Latin geek here who hears "homunculus" and thinks of it being Latin, haha.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
It's a diminutive of the word "homo" meaning "man", so just "little man".

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
Homunculus:
1.) A diminutive human.
2.) A miniature, fully formed individual believed by adherents of the early biological theory of preformation to be present in the sperm cell.

It seems to be a creature (not visually a man) seemingly coated in an ameba-like exterior, which appears as a cell. Though Rankarusa is classified as the following: Amplificaction Pokeomon. Hmm.......

Wrath`

Smash Master
I really doubt they are going to diversify the games to the point were you need to buy both to enjoy the whole story, unless it's their way of MAKING MONEY!!!!!!!!

EpicSandwich

Smash Rookie
Or use up your money for transportation to get a certain pokemon at an exclusive event, OH WAIT!
I c what you did thar >.> i hope they dont do anything anymore that really screws over the pokemon series. If anything i think they should just focus on making better use of the ds wifi and future 3DS wifi abilities. I mean the Global trading thing was good, but lacked in the fact you need to actually have or have seen the pokemon before you can ask to trade for it.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
And that it made it that much harder for someone to complete their Pokedex.

Is it confirmed that Reshiram/Zekrom are version exclusive?

EpicSandwich

Smash Rookie
And that it made it that much harder for someone to complete their Pokedex.

Is it confirmed that Reshiram/Zekrom are version exclusive?
I dont think it has been confirmed but more than likely they will be version exclusive. Though i do hope they make it easier to trade for them, than having to have a friend nearby.

M.K

Level 55
There is no confirmation of that.
Simply because they are the version mascots does not mean they are unobtainable in the opposite game.
This could work somewhat like Generation 2, where one legendary is significantly stronger/higher level than the other, but both are present.

M.K

Level 55
The fact that Serebii has it on his site does not confirm that both could not be in one game.
Serebii leaves alot of placeholders, and Reshiram/Zekrom are simply placed in their respective versions for clarification and to exhibit only the "known". Since Serebii Joe does not post rumors, I'd assume he just seperated them for clarification.

However, if you do come across that link, I'd love to see it!!

M.K

Level 55
Ah, perfect! Thanks for the link Mic!
Honestly, it's not as if I "dislike" Serebii, but he takes ONLY the facts of the situation. Half the fun of the wait is the rumors, and also, Serebii seems to mistranslate alot of details. Likewise, he misses a **** ton of details.
PokeBeach seems to be a great source, I love Filb.de, and PokeJungle is like...."fun". haha.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Aww.

I really like the fact that in HG/SS you can get both Lugia and Ho-Oh. Shame they don't do this as often as they should.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Ah, perfect! Thanks for the link Mic!
Honestly, it's not as if I "dislike" Serebii, but he takes ONLY the facts of the situation. Half the fun of the wait is the rumors, and also, Serebii seems to mistranslate alot of details. Likewise, he misses a **** ton of details.
PokeBeach seems to be a great source, I love Filb.de, and PokeJungle is like...."fun". haha.
I thought you hated speculating yet you say half the fun is in rumors

:confused:

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Rumors aren't necessarily speculation, and I believe what started that argument a while back was him saying that speculating about the region is pointless because we know absolutely nothing and an argument had started before over the region.

In any case, let's not try and start up old arguments again, please?

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
I think they should stop with making certain pokemon event exclusive, and make them more like achievements.

Beat every trainer: Get ticket A
Get 'x'+ pokemon in the pokedex: Get ticket B
Beat the elite four 'x' amount of times: Get ___ egg.

or maybe get over 9000 a certain amount of yen/pokedollars/whatever and be able to buy tickets or something.

It would really discourage cheating, and would totally add hours and hours to the game. I would feel so much better about myself by hunting down every trainer in the game to get a certain pokemon then to cheat getting it because like hell i'm waiting until whatever date to get it.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
I think they should stop with making certain pokemon event exclusive, and make them more like achievements.

Beat every trainer: Get ticket A
Get 'x'+ pokemon in the pokedex: Get ticket B
Beat the elite four 'x' amount of times: Get ___ egg.

or maybe get over 9000 a certain amount of yen/pokedollars/whatever and be able to buy tickets or something.

It would really discourage cheating, and would totally add hours and hours to the game. I would feel so much better about myself by hunting down every trainer in the game to get a certain pokemon then to cheat getting it because like hell i'm waiting until whatever date to get it.
Implamenting achievement add-ons would be more encouraging, and superlative addition.

Additional stars on the trainer tag just doesn't cut it for me; I bet most players forget about the trainer tag completely, something worth more than that is needed. The 'beat every trainer' reward would probably be the best addition, as I have a small peeve for those who skip around trainers, not being the best, like no one ever was... because being a pokemon master means defeating all challengers and capture/train every pokemon.

UberMario

Smash Master
Hmmm...

Chillarmy? That sounds like a ******** english name tbh. Chiramii was much cooler
I assume it was pronounced that way to begin with, many people pronounce "Army" with a silent R, and the r in "Chira" is pronounced as an L in Japan anyway. So it only went from being pronounced "Chillamy" to "Chillarmy".

UberMario

Smash Master
Stupid name, now i dont like him as much any more
Keep in mind, this is only confirmed to be the Japanese name for it, the American/European names may very well be different, at least it's better than Gardevoir being SirKnight.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I thought L didn't exist in Japanese. How can you have Chillarmy with no Ls? It'd have to be pronounced "Chirrarmy" to work, any why not spell it that way?

UberMario

Smash Master
I thought L didn't exist in Japanese. How can you have Chillarmy with no Ls? It'd have to be pronounced "Chirrarmy" to work, any why not spell it that way?
Gliscor is Glion in Japan, while Golbat is still Golbat, so they clearly do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom