• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.K

Level 55
So, according to the Triple Battle shown on Pokemon Sunday:

(I know many of these are listed on Serebii but these are the moves they know)

Tsutaja:
Grass Mixer

Pokabu:
Nitro Charge

Wotter:
Surf

Munna:
Telekinesis, Hypnosis

Gochiruzeru:
Magic Room, Psybeam, Faint Attack

Rankarasu:
Psybeam, (unknown Reflect/Light Screen attack), Psywave, Dizzy Punch

Chiramii:
You First, Sweep Slap

Kibago:
Double Chop

EpicSandwich

Smash Rookie
Kibago i hope becomes a fighting dragon that would actually be pretty win to see that type. and after seeing that new triple battle gameplay Rankarasu has officially claimed its spot as my favorite.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
So, according to the Triple Battle shown on Pokemon Sunday:

(I know many of these are listed on Serebii but these are the moves they know)

Tsutaja:
Grass Mixer

Pokabu:
Nitro Charge

Wotter:
Surf

Munna:
Telekinesis, Hypnosis

Gochiruzeru:
Magic Room, Psybeam, Faint Attack

Rankarasu:
Psybeam, (unknown Reflect/Light Screen attack), Psywave, Dizzy Punch

Chiramii:
You First, Sweep Slap

Kibago:
Double Chop
Gochiruzeru gets Faint Attack, huh? Perhaps she'll get a Dark-type evo after all.

...I really hope there are no male Gochiruzeru.

UberMario

Smash Master
Gochiruzeru gets Faint Attack, huh? Perhaps she'll get a Dark-type evo after all.

...I really hope there are no male Gochiruzeru.
I really don't see Gochiruzeru as a female only pokemon (which is kind of strange considering the huge lips). The first time I saw it I thought it looked masculine (not the hair, but it looks like it's a puppet wearing a long tuxedo with cuffs) OR feminine (the head, and dresslike look). Definitely would make more sense than male Gardevoir. >_> Which itself is bizarre since it looks like a woman, yet is called "SirKnight" in Japan. Here's hoping they make male Gardevoir (maybe a white long tuxedo/cape and slightly different hair so it still looks like the same pokemon) look different from females, they did it with Pikachu and Alakazam, they could do it with Gardevoir too.

Going back to Gochiruzeru, I would be ok with either it being female-only or both genders.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Gamefreak is loving Accuracy this time around, eh? Claw Sharpen to Raise Acc and Grass mixer lowers it. Think more useful accuracy altering moves are to come?

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Rumored to be Water/Fighting.

Also, the cell-dude did an attack that just destroyed goth girl (not using their Japanese names, sorry). Was that really Psywave/Psybeam?

EpicSandwich

Smash Rookie
If there's a lot of accuracy lowering moves, in this gen im willing to believe that moves in general will have lower accuracy. So things that allow for accuracy increase could be important. I mean like in gen IV who wants to keep getting hit by a 100% accuracy close combat (amazing fighting move to say the least). Though im assuming they want stronger moves or such to be a little less likely to hit, just an opinion though.

EpicSandwich

Smash Rookie
Rumored to be Water/Fighting.

Also, the cell-dude did an attack that just destroyed goth girl (not using their Japanese names, sorry). Was that really Psywave/Psybeam?
i could have sworn i heard the commentator saying it was called Psycho burst or something like that. Not sure which move that would have been translated too into the english.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I do not think accuracy is going to be lower, I think Gamefreak is trying to be varied with its attacks, accuracy isn't something commonly seen, so bam make moves that affect accuracy.

EpicSandwich

Smash Rookie
I do not think accuracy is going to be lower, I think Gamefreak is trying to be varied with its attacks, accuracy isn't something commonly seen, so bam make moves that affect accuracy.
yea makes sense since there werent much accuracy lowering attacks, besides mud slap, only one i can think of. (i do realize there are a lot of accuracy affecting none damage attacks though)

Wrath`

Smash Master
I would like to see a move that induces infatuation that has attack power, I always loved my Attract Umbreon in the battle tower. It would be annoying on a Blissey if it had Lovey Punch or orsomethingorother.

M.K

Level 55
i could have sworn i heard the commentator saying it was called Psycho burst or something like that. Not sure which move that would have been translated too into the english.
Psywave's Japanese name is "サイコウェーブ", which is literally "Psychowave".
Also, remember that Psywave has varying degrees of power (random). We've also seen how high Rankarasu's Special Attack stat is, so it could have just been a combination of:

A) Getting the "high" attacking Psywave
B) Rankarasu having High Special Attack
C) Gochiruzero having Low Special Defense.

Pokemon Trainer1

Smash Apprentice
Can somebody tell me what website would tell me what pokemon you culd get in white, and what pokeon you can get in black? whenver I go to Serebii or Psypokes, it just says First Appearance Black and White.

verycoolguy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CoolVCG
The only things left are Paralisis orb, Freeze orb (Wich you could never trick to anyone) and potentialy Confusion/attract orb.

Doesn't seem like they would be of any use.
The Magma Armor ability prevents freeze, so unless Gamefreak makes a Fire/Psychic or Fire/Ghost Pokemon, it could happen. Then again, don't the effects occur after one turn? So it is poosible as long as you switch the Pokemon in after one of yours has fainted. What I would do is make a Pokemon with Synchronize hold it, and pair it with a Cleric that learns either Aromatherapy or Heal Bell. So I can always make sure that there will be at least one immoble Pokemon on the opponent's team. It's probably not happening though.

EpicSandwich

Smash Rookie
fire/psychic would actually be pretty cool, and i do hope they add a few more better ghosts. (Giratina is after all ubers). You are probably right too Meta it makes sense it being psywave.

Spire

III
BRoomer
It looks like a cross between Pikachu and Clefairy, and given that Clefairy was supposed to be the original Pokémon mascot (but was replaced by Pikachu because of the anime), this kind of makes sense.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Rankurusu could be a combination of 乱 ran disorder, and ホムンクルス homonkurusu "homunculus", seeing as how it's a small humanoid figure in the jell
Honestly reminds me of one of those Lilo and Stitch aliiens.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I thought Humoncoli (or however the **** you spell the plural form) were supposed to be this:

I have no idea how Cell can look anything like that

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Well it's just the representation of a human inside something that's not human, right? Makes sense to me...kinda.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Whenever I think of a Homunculus I think of this:

A.B.A. <3

And the "proper" definition of homunculus is just a representation of a human being. So...as long as it represents on in some shape or form, I guess the name works?

Chico113

Smash Apprentice
i don't know if somebody did this before me but.

look at the bottom right......is that the home of the protagonist you play as?

This is the professor and she looks rather silly.

what is the starter you guys will be getting?

Wrath`

Smash Master
What is A.B.A?

If the trading is one way as rumored, do you think it will be a game after you migrate at the carnival area? That would freshen up the Pal Park.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Where's the white forrest/black city located? That island in the pokeballish lake area in the middle?

@Homonculus, I always thought of Metal Alchemist

PowerBomb

Smash Master
I heard that gamefreak only gave us a portion of the map and that there is actually more to it than the picture we have right now.

This seems pretty accurate to me actually, since it looks like 8 gyms won't be enough.

Either that or we're having less than 8 gyms or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom