• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Lol Phione... most useless thing of all time.

As of now, I'm hoping GF stops being stupid. Enough of these 'goody' Pokemon. Give us something we can actually obtain without pre-ordering or getting event Pokemon.

Kole

Smash Lord
If you don't like a new Pokemon, that's not being too hard to please.

Do I really have to like every new Pokemon GameFreak puts out?

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
No, but Pokefans are just plain crazy with their hate, and considering the massive hate that third gen got originally, and considering how much love it gets now, quite frankly I just don't listen to Pokefans complains anymore because the majority of them are knee jerk reactions that you take years to budge from.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
People just don't want pokemon to look stupid. (Personally, I don't really see what's so bad about this thing, though. It's certainly better than Manaphy/Phione)

Kole

Smash Lord
I never understood why gen 3 got so much hate. I really love a lot of the Pokemon and there isn't one I don't like.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I find it funny how everyone is hating on Bikutini when i think he is the most legit legendary of all time. Well aside from mew and mewtwo

Chill

Red
BRoomer
No, that's just speculation due to his odd numbering. There was also some confusion when he was referred to as the "phantom" pokemon. Some people didn't know (myself included) that "phantom" pokemon is what they call event legends in Japan.

His being obtainable from the liberty ticket makes me think this region really is based on NY.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
For those above thinking Gen 3 gets a lot of love, I still think Gen 3 is the worst gen. Way to give us a bunch of Pokes that don't evolve

M.K

Level 55
Hey, (insert Generation here) gave us (insert distasteful thing here) that don't (perform adequate action here) or evolve (never/once/twice/into something bad).

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Let me try that Madlib.

Hey, 4th generation gave us Stealth Rocks that don't balance out the metagame or evolve never.

How'd I do?

M.K

Level 55
Victini, like most of the other Phantom Pokemon, will probably have 100/100/100/100/100 base stats, for a total of 500.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Mew = Amazing
Celebi = Coolsauce
Jirachi - I love you!
Manaphy = ...eh
This new one = .... whatever.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Really? I actually quite like Manaphy's design. I would have preferred that they didn't deviate from the little legends being part psychic but he's still pretty cool. The only one I don't like that much so far is Shaymin. Not only do I think his design is bland (sky form is way better) but there should only be one each gen and Manaphy came first. Also, he's a grass type which we already had in Celebi. So he basically copied two legends and the only new thing he brought with him is a ****ty movepool. :p

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Man, I am absolutely astonished at how far we've gone in Pokemon. I mean, we started with this and now we've gone up to this

You know, it actually makes me kinda happy to see the series go so far.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
I could say that the anime in its entirety sucked throughout, we were just so blind to really criticize back then. Go back and follow the poor execution of pokemon mechanics from the game to the anime and you will realize just how bad it was. (Plenty on Youtube to support this BTW)

What is everyone's opinion regarding moving pokemon and moving camera angles during a battle sequence? (I don't really care for any of these, but I haven't been used to seeing this, so I will still look at it without too much judgment.)

Chico113

Smash Apprentice
Yeah i was being sarcastic what i meant to say was that i am surprise the show is still going.

i lost interest in it after the Hoenn saga

UberMario

Smash Master

...NO

The games only keep getting better (oh come on, gen 4 even brought new mechanics) but the anime.... it sucks after the Johto saga
Really? I thought Johto was terrible in the anime. Seasons 4 and 5 was pretty boring, imo. I liked the early part of the Hoenn saga and the Battle frontier (but strangely not season 8), and after season 10 they've gotten a bit better, if not even more anime-like. It does have it's flaws though.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Hey guys, why hasn't the OP been updated with all the new pokemon revealed so far?
I guess that person hasn't been online to do so. I guess we could get an admin hack.

In the national Dex, do you think Buttwing will come right after Arceus? Or will it move elsewhere as 000 will be Isshu Dex only.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Nah, I doubt that thing will really be 000. It'll probably be after Zekrom/Reshiram.

And there's always the chance that Zekrom/Reshiram get their own items, akin to Dialga/Palkia/Giratina. Perhaps if there is a third game, that third legendary will also get its own item.

I dunno. Hopefully they'll introduce more unique items. Anyone think they're going to introduce more status orbs?

EDIT: Didn't notice this for some reason. http://pokebeach.com/

Wrath`

Smash Master
The only things left are Paralisis orb, Freeze orb (Wich you could never trick to anyone) and potentialy Confusion/attract orb.

Doesn't seem like they would be of any use.

Chico113

Smash Apprentice
Nah, I doubt that thing will really be 000. It'll probably be after Zekrom/Reshiram.

And there's always the chance that Zekrom/Reshiram get their own items, akin to Dialga/Palkia/Giratina. Perhaps if there is a third game, that third legendary will also get its own item.

I dunno. Hopefully they'll introduce more unique items. Anyone think they're going to introduce more status orbs?

EDIT: Didn't notice this for some reason. http://pokebeach.com/
Yeah, i just noticed the upcoming anime too.

UberMario

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=2aANtlw2nJY&feature=related

I just realized in this video, when you get the present the room is nice and clean, but as soon as you get your pokemon there's stuff strewn around (like a table XD), then right after the first rival battle it's magically clean again. lolwut

On another note, Wotter is apparently the only one of the three starters that has teeth. 0_o

EpicSandwich

Smash Rookie
I have a feeling that the Chipmunk pokemon is going to be a new HM slave, as for the whole room going messy. You have three people fighting over pokemon lol i can guess what happened. Also i really hope they improve the stats on a lot of pokemon and fix older pokemon move pools *cough* Flareon *cough*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom