• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Sadly this is the one feature that I'm not too excited about thus far.

PLAYER encountered wild ZUBATS!
WILD ZUBAT used Confuse Ray!
WILD ZUBAT used Confuse Ray!
WOTTER hit itself in its confusion!
SMUGLEAF hit itself in its confusion!

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Yeah, but wild double, or maybe even triple battles when alone will be... different.

Edit: Oh god, Double battle legionaries? That would be terrible.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Yeah, but wild double, or maybe even triple battles when alone will be... different.

Edit: Oh god, Double battle legionaries? That would be terrible.
Legionaries would be terrible, they'd just slice right through your pokemon:p

I mean yeah it might be bad cause they would most likely feed of each others ability making them useless in Ubers single play, but still a nifty concept.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
If there were double battle legendaries they would have stupid abilities so that they would help each other in battle and be a ***** to beat. I'll stick to one legendary at a time.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
If there were double battle legendaries they would have stupid abilities so that they would help each other in battle and be a ***** to beat. I'll stick to one legendary at a time.
You just know they'll have some set of Pokemon that will be a ***** to beat in triple battles.
Like Tate and Liza in RSE. Easily the hardest part in those games for me, I don't even know.

Wrath`

Smash Master
You just know they'll have some set of Pokemon that will be a ***** to beat in triple battles.
Like Tate and Liza in RSE. Easily the hardest part in those games for me, I don't even know.
Especially with a Blaziken and a pokemon 20 levels under it.

Hopefully the triple battle gym is Rock or Steel type, two flying pokemon and your starter with Earthquake, problem solved.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
I hope they have a dark type gym preferably 8th gym. they did not have a dark gym in the last 3 generations hopfully they'll have it now.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I hope they have a dark type gym preferably 8th gym. they did not have a dark gym in the last 3 generations hopfully they'll have it now.
Dark might not have had a gym yet but it got a spot on the Elite Four in R/S/E, as well as G/S/E if my memory is correct, which is even better.

Now that I think about it, are there any types the Elite Four haven't had yet? I'm sure there are quite a few but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Normal, Grass, Electric, Flying, Rock
If you don't count the Champion as a member, then neither Steel nor Water have been in the Elite Four either. I've listed them out several times, so I know.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Technically bruno is considered a cross between fighting and rock, but otherwise, yes. Not to mention Steven was considered Steel/Ground/Rock as well

Wrath`

Smash Master
One thing I think they should do for the E4(Hell, any trainer) Is give them better AI, like I have seen in my whole VG career 4 withdraws by trainers. I think there should be a smart system where they will switch if say you have your Infernape against there Venasaur, ect.. Mabey even set up rocks and whirlwind. Gamefreak must know about the competitive scene, it would be nice for the AI to reflect.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I say make them get better AI the stronger they get as well. So basically, dont give Joey with the lv 5 rattata and lv 4 pidgey godly AI, but give the elites and your rival godly AI

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Well, they actually already have better AI than most trainers, since they're programmed to never use NVE attacks against their opponent. Still, though, better AI for them would be cool, albeit insanely hard to code for.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Well, they actually already have better AI than most trainers, since they're programmed to never use NVE attacks against their opponent. Still, though, better AI for them would be cool, albeit insanely hard to code for.
I dont think it would be hard to program trainers to switch more often, that would just be a matter of if A(opponent has type advantage) then switch to B(Pokemon with type advantage)

Strategy beyond that might be a bit harder, but RTS games do it somewhat

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
They can't make the AI too smart though. You guys have to remember the target audience for these games.

Despite the fact that the games are all pretty easy, there are still a lot of those litte kids who struggle getting past the E4.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Add a difficulty setting at the beggining then. And give the option to change it later if needed

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Dark might not have had a gym yet but it got a spot on the Elite Four in R/S/E, as well as G/S/E if my memory is correct, which is even better.

Now that I think about it, are there any types the Elite Four haven't had yet? I'm sure there are quite a few but I can't think of any off the top of my head.
I like how the creators design special tasks for you to do at a gym like they did in soulsilver. If they have a dark type gym I hope they design a mission when a light bulb flickers side to side and you have to stay under the light or else you'll start from the beginning of the gym,

Also I hope they provide more then one file on the menu screen. because pokemon are money hungry.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I like how the creators design special tasks for you to do at a gym like they did in soulsilver. If they have a dark type gym I hope they design a mission when a light bulb flickers side to side and you have to stay under the light or else you'll start from the beginning of the gym,
Shadow and darkness have more to do with ghosts, like in Pt you need the flashlight in the Ghost gym and in HG/SS the lights went out after you beat a trainer in the ghost gym also.

To me the dark is more of not say "evil" but more of a sinister feeling then a night feeling.

UberMario

Smash Master
lolol I just watched on Pokebeach the new Pokemon Sunday clips and they basically give a reason to why Iris has such huge hair. She loves the wild and she hides pokemon IN HER HAIR. XD

Also, Team Plasma's costumes look abit . . . bizarre, but then again so does most of what this generation is made of (and I like that) so who's to complain. lol

UberMario

Smash Master
Once I hear the full version of the Wild Pokemon Battle theme, it'll probably become my favorite, the first ten seconds are so epic.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Man, I want this game so bad now that I've seen the demo... and my parents called me a fan boy when they found out that the game most likely comes out in spring :/

Also, anybody remember the old D/P demo? Man, I remember going into Gamestop just to try it out... I was disappointed that all I did was just go through one route east of Jubilife City... hehe. What I thought was gonna be the most mentioned city in the whole game and amongst fans has turned out to be the complete opposite XD

I also remembered thinking that Lucario was gonna be the first legendary with a prevo XD

M.K

Level 55

This game earns a Pidgeot Badge.
Corocoro is going to leak sometime in the late week, so I can't wait to see all the info it brings us!

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Corocoro tends to leak around the 11th-12 of each month. It's still a solid week and a half.

M.K

Level 55
Except for the fact that it's being released early in August, which has been stated all over Serebii since the July issue.

M.K

Level 55
Early IN August, as opposed to the middle of August (15th) like it's always released.

Think of it this way.

We usually get Corocoro released on the 15th, scans are leaked 2-3 days early

We are getting Corocoro released on the 12th, scans are leaked 2-3 days early, that makes it the 9th/10th, aka, late this week, early next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom