• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.K

Level 55
Nah, most are designed in which it's an impossibility (due to programming or time restraints) or, in some cases, star Pokemon that are fully evolved/incapable of evolving (Lucario in the D/P Demo)

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Nah, most are designed in which it's an impossibility (due to programming or time restraints) or, in some cases, star Pokemon that are fully evolved/incapable of evolving (Lucario in the D/P Demo)
Actually, it was Riolu in the demo, not Lucario

I remember the days when I thought Lucario was a legendary XD

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I thought Riolu wasn't revealed, only found AFTER the games came out... and Lucario on the other hand, was around for eons.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Seeing as Riolu never made it onto the Pre-release Pokemon Page, I'm going to say Lucario.

Now that I think about, I actually played the demo, I went to NYC on vacation and they happened to have it. I'm absolutely sure there is no Riolu in it.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Hey guys, have you ever played Capcom Versus SNK?
Well, in it, each charecter has a point value, ranging from 1 to 3. Your team's value much equal 4, no more, no less. So, if you pick a 3 point person, you must pick a 1 point person, now, because you can almost never predict a fighting game's tier list, some 2s ended up stronger than 3s, so it didn't work out that well.

inb4thisbelongsinTheSnorlaxRoom

Well, I was just thinking, what if hold items worked this way? You have a point value system that says you can hold this many points in items on this pokemon, and you then attach items to your pokemon thusly. Stronger items like Choice band and Leftovers are incredibly desirable and would obviously be ranked pretty high on the number list. Furthermore, since Gamefreak doesnt want to change pokemon stats, this number system could help achieve some sort of balance buff if pulled off correctly.

Of course, it could also go off horribly wrong as well.

Garchomp @ Yache Berry Life Orb

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
Seeing as Riolu never made it onto the Pre-release Pokemon Page, I'm going to say Lucario.

Now that I think about, I actually played the demo, I went to NYC on vacation and they happened to have it. I'm absolutely sure there is no Riolu in it.
Im pretty sure it was Lucario, Roserade, and some other third thing.
I played the demo :p
Edit: Apparently its supposedly a Roselia...Someone must have gotten a dawn stone?

Moozle

Smash Champion
That's a really cool idea CRASHiC. It would be especially awesome if there was a really bad pokémon who had an ability that gave it the ability to use a ton of items. Having more than one item could make so many new sets, it would be awesome.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Im pretty sure it was Lucario, Roserade, and some other third thing.
I played the demo :p
I actually have it written down (don't ask), and you had Lucario, Roselia, and Mime Jr., or at least in the demo I played. Then you talked to Professor Rowan and Roselia magically evolved into Roserade.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I remember my party in the demo had a Riolu and a Mime Jr. only. No Roselia or anything

Perhaps the pokemon vary per versions

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Riolu "didn't exist" until post-release, so I'm not sure what you played.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
It was in my local Gamestop

I even remember thinking "Man, Riolu looks pretty stupid compared to that awesome Lucario in the movie"

And I even remember some little kid yelling to his parents "LOOK AT THAT RIOLU!"

I swear that the thing in my demo version was a Riolu. I ain't lying

UberMario

Smash Master
It probably could've been a post-release one now that I think about it

Are there any differences between pre and post release demos normally?
Most of the time there are significant differences, but as of recently they can also merely be the full version of the game with a time limit and starting somewhere shortly after the beginning. There are of course exceptions, Mario Kart DS had more beta material intact in the demo, including 7 tracks and differently behaving obstacles. If it was significantly different (like what Firus mentioned) than it was most likely pre-release, I'm not too sure if they just gave you a set of pokemon to use right from the beginning of the demo [which is entirely plausible] or if it was a beta demo.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Has there been any consensus in whether White's white shorts things are her shirt or her pockets?

UberMario

Smash Master
Has there been any consensus in whether White's white shorts things are her shirt or her pockets?
I think they are just some weird frilly attachments to the denim to be quite honest (as they appear to be IN FRONT of the jeans themselves, otherwise it's quite strange that the front part would be so smooth an unjagged), Blissey has them too, though with the latter it could be argued that it's merely an apron.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
You guys have never seen a pair of shorts like that? :s I see girls wearing them like that quite often during the summer, especially in LA. It happens when you cut off a pair of jeans into a pair of shorts. The pockets weren't made to "fit" because they're cutoffs so they just hang out.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
Yeah those are pockets for sure. Weirdly patterned, but they gotta be pockets.

Super excited for the corocoro release/leak. Is this the last issue before release (in japan?) or is there one more before it?

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
New Pokes at Serebii.

The new deer: Eh, it's alright.

The swan: I like it. It looks so angry.

The new caterpiller: DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW!!!!! :3

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
New Pokes at Serebii.

The new deer: Eh, it's alright.

The swan: I like it. It looks so angry.

The new caterpiller: DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW!!!!! :3
If they dont have the evolve forms for the new starters in the next month Ill go mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
****, that's one hell of a cute caterpillar

But Caterpie will always be the cutest

And good to know we ain't getting another Shaymin by keeping the psychic type in this fairy.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Caterpillarmon looks awesome. I'm getting one of those on my team.

Edit:

But where's that Dolphin Pokemon already? Jeez GameFreak, give us a bloody dolphin.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Why did they make Aloe look like a maid?

Like...come on.

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535
But where's that Dolphin Pokemon already? Jeez GameFreak, give us a bloody dolphin.
I know, right!!?? Love dolphins!!!!

And what's with all the Psychic-type additions? The Psychic/Fire combo is cool, I admit, but I hated it when the Sinnoh Pokedex only had the Chimchar family and Ponyta family as the only Fire-types. (poor Flint, lol)
Platinum evened it up a little, but too little too late. I just hope Black/White doesn't have the same situation that happened to D/P.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Psychic/Fire is cool. Huzzah for additional unique type combos.

And Psychic always relates to legendaries. As does Dragon, but that was in 3rd and 4th gen. Possibly B/W as well.

The deer is meh. I'm partial about the swan, I need to see what it's like in-game.

The caterpillar... bah, where's my Fire/Bug-type with an ability that laughs at Stealth Rock?

Moozle

Smash Champion
In the SWF-Dex we were planning on having a fire/psychic elephant starter, but there was some debate on it. I would love if there was a fire/psychic in B&W.

Kole

Smash Lord
The swan and deer are really great.

But why the hell is Victini part fire?

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Part Fire makes me think of those people who said that the region might be New York. It stands for victory and could be found in the torch of the Liberty Statue, therefore making it part Fire.

(Yeah I know the Liberty Statue wont be in the game but that's my theory anyway).

UberMario

Smash Master
Part Fire makes me think of those people who said that the region might be New York. It stands for victory and could be found in the torch of the Liberty Statue, therefore making it part Fire.

(Yeah I know the Liberty Statue wont be in the game but that's my theory anyway).
Good point, Wargle the war eagle is another hint that is the case (though there are Japanese eagles, so it might be a coincidence), plus the amount of subways and suspension bridges. (Though that isn't an exclusive combination of NYC's of course)

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I always thought the deer was the baby version of Stantler... But now I'm not so sure about that.

The swan is awesome.

The catipillar looks like a deformed mix between Weedle and Caterpie.

JOE!

Smash Hero
In the SWF-Dex we were planning on having a fire/psychic elephant starter, but there was some debate on it. I would love if there was a fire/psychic in B&W.
no, it was gonna be a fire/psychic tiger...based on the Magical tigers of indian myth o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom