• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Yes, it was going to be the Fire Starter.

And then Joe decided to yell at everyone pretty much saying "NO THAT SUCKS MY IDEA IS BETTER D:<" for about 15 pages, which pretty much caused that.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
If it were an elephant instead of a pig, i would have guessed them all wrong!! I predicted the grass starter to be a mouse, the fire starter to be a pig (got it right :3), and the water starter to be a bear

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I got the Fire starter half-right because based on the 'ears' (or rather what were thought to be the ears from the silhouette) I figured it'd be some sort of bizarro pigrabbit.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Shikijika.

Rumor says multiple evolutions. Four of them.

"Shiki" means "seasons."

UberMario

Smash Master
The whole "evolving with the seasons" actually would go with how the game incorporates seasons, though I wonder how long each one is in the pokemon world. (Can you imagine missing a pokemon by a few days and having to wait 10 months to try for it again? >_<)

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Cool. I wonder if it will evolve based on what the environment is like or the game clock.

Nah. Eevee's too cool to be replaced. He will always have the most evos.

Nice post.
/sarcasm
Nice replay sarcasim

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
In the SWF-Dex we were planning on having a fire/psychic elephant starter, but there was some debate on it. I would love if there was a fire/psychic in B&W.

I guess it will live on in Victini!

I like the new caterpillar and if the deer has evolutions based on seasons, then that's pretty awesome too. I thought we already had a swan Pokemon in Cresselia. :confused:

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
The whole "evolving with the seasons" actually would go with how the game incorporates seasons, though I wonder how long each one is in the pokemon world. (Can you imagine missing a pokemon by a few days and having to wait 10 months to try for it again? >_<)
What would be cool is if the game could detect where in the world you were, so people in the southern hemisphere could trade with those in the northern, effectively cutting the time to get all the Pokémon in half.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Shikijika.

Rumor says multiple evolutions. Four of them.

"Shiki" means "seasons."
Awesome awesome awesome. I knew I loved the deer when I saw its sprite in that first video, then I saw the concept art about ten minutes ago and knew I loved it even more. If these rumors are true, well hot ****!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Yeah, I'm really wandering how the seasons will work. It's a great concept and it'll be amazing to see the world change in real time but I can also see it as being annoying if catching certain pokemon ends up being like catching certain bugs/fish in Animal Crossing.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I know pokejungle isn't the best source but look. It's false until proven true.

http://pokejungle.net/

It says that Chimecho and Luvdisc evolve, provides what the front of lil' mole, sarcophagus, & the tarantula look like. Also shows a new pokemon.

Edit: Proven false. people who translated the text found mistakes in it.

Mewter

Smash Master
I know pokejungle isn't the best source but look. It's false until proven true.

http://pokejungle.net/

It says that Chimecho and Luvdisc evolve, provides what the front of lil' mole, sarcophagus, & the tarantula look like. Also shows a new pokemon.
Whoot! Angel chimeco evolution! And the sarcophagus monster!

That ghost type looks like a two-eyed duskull with Castform's legs. :O
My favorite is probably the giant spider-thing. Electric/Poison? Electric/Bug?

Also:
Also this blog post by GameFreak’s director seems to confirm the notion that Black and White will contain all new Pokemon without bringing back the oldies (until you get the National Dex).
Awesome! Maybe it will be something like the new Generation 1.

Edit:
KJHSFD

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I.... actually would not have minded had the rumor been true. o_o

Except maybe for Desukan's frontside. I was actually chatting with someone the other day about the new pokemon and he was worried that even though Desukan looked epic so far he'd end up looking 'derp' at the front.

Don't think he would have been too happy if this rumor was true. :laugh:

M.K

Level 55
I'm not dismissing it.
There is no way that somebody would go through the effort to draw all of that, but mess up the words.
Like, that's a very dumb error.
I'm not dismissing it until we get confirmation that it's fake.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Same. Look they even have Victini's and that swans back sprite.

Edit:

Warning, the pics huge:

[collapse= Clear Image]
[/collapse]

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Yeah closer examination shows that there's quite a bit off with it.

Still, look at the swans backsprite, and Victini's.

UberMario

Smash Master
The spider's "in-game" sprite really killed it, it looks very little like what we saw in the video.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Bringing back the part psychic to little legends? I like it.

If that 4 evos rumor turns out to be true I will **** a brick. That would be so ****ing awesome! Pardon my excitement but I have wanted a evo for stantler for so long. Even though this is a new line that means we will get at least 4 different deer like pokemon.

Moozle

Smash Champion
Do you think Shikijika is one of the seasonal evolutions, or there will be a different evolution for each season coming from Shikijika? Either way, if it's true, I'd love it! Deers are one of my favorite animals :p

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Is that true? Good then, that's exactly what I hoped for.

Hey guys, you remember how there was something that monitored field and weather in an early screen? Well, what if moves like Run Away, Stench, and Sand Stream were put as seperate from abilities, that pokemon has a sort of Natural Gift that these features, and new ones handed out to each pokemon that would effect your in game and battling? This would open up a lot of design room for Game Feak. Of course, its also likely to make Tar that much more broken. Still, imagine a pokemon that automatically starts trick room using this Natural Gify, imagine a pokemon that naturally makes poison while its on the field and pokemon take damage at the end of each turn, imagine Darkrai getting another ability and his Natural Gift being Bad Dreams. I would love to see this.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I'm so psyched. I'm glad to see a fresh start. I'm even more excited for Gen V now than I already was. Not only do we not see the same Pokémon we always see, but the game is going to feel so much more fresh now, and I think that's the best thing for Pokémon right now.

M.K

Level 55
I agree, I am very excited to see only Generation V Pokemon in the game initially.
Like Firus said, how many of us are TIRED of seeing the same Pokemon that Game Freak always throws in to the mix? I mean, excluding the obvious atrocities, like Magikarp, Zubat, and Tentacool, you've got things like Psyduck, Pikachu, Marill, Magnemite, and Geodude.

I'm so excited, the only Pokemon I *KNOW* I'm putting on my team currently are Tsutaja and Koromori.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom