• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I don't get why everyone says doubles is just Protect+Explosion, there is tons more strategy than that.
Well, considering that most of the time when I've played doubles competitively (I didn't build a specific team, I just used my normal OU team), I kept getting beat up by someone doing that >_>

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
The reason people think that is because they try to play it like its singles, and get beat by simple tactics like that. Honestly, most of what people know about doubles is really gimcky stuff.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I never did doubles mostly because no one ever seems to care. It has a good concept, but it seems very unpopular.

Tyranitar/Garchomp go go! D:

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
If it was grass/electric then it would just be Rotom-C with ghost and grass typing switched up.

Either way Heatran will counter it as long as its SpA isn't extremely high.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Seeing how both Grass and Electric are both types that usually specialize in the special side of the attacking spectrum, I don't think you'd have to worry about that..much.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Maybe they'll give a better Sp. Att boosting ability? Something that makes Blissey shake when facing a certain Special Attacker?

M.K

Level 55
Maybe they'll give a better Sp. Att boosting ability? Something that makes Blissey shake when facing a certain Special Attacker?
I honestly doubt that.
Because then it'd break the game.
That's why there IS Blissey and (to a lesser extent) Shuckle, Hypno, Dusknoir, Steelix, Cloyster, etc. etc.
Some Pokemon are SUPPOSED to withstand attacks.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Does anyone feel the sarcophagus-esque Pokemon might be Ground / Ghost with Levitate?
Immunities to Normal, Fighting, Ground, and Electric.
That's a nice set.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I'm thinking Ghost/Rock. I'm kinda doubting Levitate, since it doesn't look obvious right away that it's levitating, and also not even Spiritomb has Levitate and it's just a rock (compared to a big coffin). But we'll see. I wanna see its front. :(

Vermy

Smash Champion
Ghost/Rock. It'll be one of the fossils.
Ground/Steel for the mole.
Bug/Electric for the Mantis?

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Rock is probably more likely.

So it appers as if the Pigeon pokemon is growing up to be one of these.

So let's assume he's got the physically defensive stats of Blissey. Can he handle the role of unstoppable physical wall? The immunity to Ground is nice, and Ghost is they give them good physical STAB again, and of course the resistence to bug. He's weak to stealth rock, Ice, and Electric, but with the Blissey stats and access to Roost, he should be able to hanlde that just fine. Pigeon Heart, assuming it only makes it so yuo can't lower his defense will provide him ample room to outwall physical walls. He'll be weak to Toxic unless he gains Refresh (is this the right move name?).

Let's assume that the mole is Poison/Steel based on its colors. Immune to poison, 4x weak to Ground, weak to fire, 4 times resistant to bug, resist Ice, Flying, Rock, Ghost, Dragon, Dark, and Steel. This might seem odd to have a mole part poison, but mole's have a toxic saliva. I imagine this guy is going to play the role of entry hazard set ups.

On the defensive side, there is nothing amazing about Electric/Bug. The stabs are interesting though. Gonna need to see the stats on this guy before we can tell anything about his future.

This Fossil pokemon of this gen seems a bit difficult to determine. If its Rock/Bug, then that's a pretty destructive STAB its got there, but its defensive stats are rather dull. If its Rock/Steel, we already know how confusing that type combo can be, but this would be the first fast sweeper given the type. I really can't tell what this guy is going to be.

The rest of the pokemon, except for the one who is clearly rock, are also confusing.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I like the second/last stage looking pokemon, they look cool. Can not wait to see all the pokemon they have in store for us.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
The hat, bro, the hat. Nothing can look like Honchkrow without the hat.
The hat is the most important part, but your forgetting one detail. It also needs to be a bad*** crow :laugh:

Edit: Does anyone think that green floating pokemon seems like it will be grass/flying?

UberMario

Smash Master
I really like that spiky mole, if you look towards the spot (which has a false pupil) on it's back, the mole "looks" like a bird, but then if you stare at the "lower jaw" of the "bird" you can see it's a mole again. lol

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
The grass thing isn't flying/grass or whatever, look again. The pokemon is a smaller body inside of a larger green cloud like body, swinging its feet foward in the animation. Think of it similar to the bottom Castform

Spire

III
BRoomer
What if it's a Castform evolution?

These new Pokémon are odd. Can't say I like them, can't say I dislike them. I surely like them more than 4th Gen, so I'm sure they'll grow on me. The only one I'm really not fond of us that black, feminine totem looking creature.

The Egyptian sarcophagus Pokémon is amazing though.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Ermmmmm.... I don't think I like them too much, though when I first saw gen IV pokemon, I didn't like them either, save Munchlax. I'm sure they'll grow on me like gen IV did...

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I'd be amazed if this gen saw an end to Ghost and Dark no longer being rare types, but then being spread more evenly across. that would be wonderful.

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
I'd be amazed if this gen saw an end to Ghost and Dark no longer being rare types, but then being spread more evenly across. that would be wonderful.
that would be cool, or at least if there were more opportunities to catch them
EDIT: 100th post I hope this game lives up to expectations

Mewter

Smash Master
If they could update that every so often for new quests and missions, that'd be awesome.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Dude. Pokemon + Crystal Chronicles = Oh my god.

Me and my girlfriend could do more than battling each other<3 Woahhhh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom