• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
He was using the Smogon Teambuilder, not even thinking to edit the team in shoddy?

People are too reliant on that thing.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Come on guys, take the shoddy subject to the Q&A thread if you want, but back to Black and White here.

Kyoshi123

Smash Journeyman
I know, bringing stuff about Smogon is ****ing ********, anyways i like the 3 vs 3 battle system looks like playing triple's will be more brain work then normal.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Ghost-Sheddy-Explosion Pokemon.

Explosion, have Sheddy+Ghost Shadow Sneak other ghosts.

???

Profit.

3-3 battles? Are you kidding me? Just when I got used to 2-2 battles... I'll still be sticking with my insane 1-1 battle strategies, but 3-3 is a bit much. Soon they'll have whole team battles, and then what are they gonna do? Bah, Pokemon and your constant attempts to amuse the petty 5-12 demographic...

Night-san

Smash Journeyman
I like the idea of triple battles. ._. They sound fun, if not strategic.
We don't know what other mechanics they'll introduce yet; don't knock something until you know the whole story. :3

Heh, that's true, but I honestly think that they were going crazy with 2-2 battles, and they still feel more like a burden even today. I'm interested to see what new moves they'll introduce though. That was definately one of the highlights of the fourth generation.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
MY concern is how they'll spread the moves.

We need more Flare Blitz Flareon, Wild Bolt Electivire, and Strong Ice Moves for Weavile, etc.

3-3 reeks of gimmick.

We need more Flare Blitz Flareon, Wild Bolt Electivire, and Strong Ice Moves for Weavile, etc.
There are a lot of Pokemon that deserve better movesets. Even NU's like Fearow and Pidgeot. Honestly, I would actually use Pokemon I like if they had better movesets, despite their shoddy stats.

Although I hope they don't TM spam again. At least Gen 4 didn't pick anything that would be too broken - I really hope they don't make Baton Pass a TM. So many people will just raise their stats/Mean Look/Confuse Ray/Torment/ect. and baton pass to something else >_>

Another thing I hope not to see: 4th evolutions. 3 evolutions per line is enough. I don't mind Evo trees like with Eevee or Tyroge.

Truly, but you know it's going to happen. Good thing Skablade the Skarmory knows whirlwind ^-^

I'm really hoping they're not going to Legend Spam again. The Legendaries didn't even make much sense last time around (Palkia and Dialga being against each other? Aren't Space and Time intertwined?). The last generation also had way too many bad designs for the legendaries - most of the normal Pokemon were just fine but the legendaries were completely unoriginal and boring, for the most part. I was especially appauled by the Lake Trio's lack of creativity (Let's switch their heads like Barbie Dolls!).

It's going to happen though. Those 5-12 year olds will buy it if there's 50 effing legendaries.

Kyoshi123

Smash Journeyman
3-3 battles sound more like a gimmick than something that's going to require a lot of strategy.

Explosions/Ghosts will be everywhere.

Wrong, Kyogye Spurt or whatever with Toxicroak

Groundon with Erup, with Scaptile

that is the meta for doubles

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
I'm really hoping they're not going to Legend Spam again. The Legendaries didn't even make much sense last time around (Palkia and Dialga being against each other? Aren't Space and Time intertwined?).
They weren't really against each other. If you got that idea from the anime, it's explained that both thought the other was invading their territoy and that came about because
Arceus was waking up
. And having something represent space and time makes sense to me.

But yeah, I agree that there was too many legendaries last time. Here's hoping for a severely cut-down number this gen.

Considering they are intertwined, it only makes sense that they share the same territory, regardless of whether or not Arceus was involved.

I'm sure that Gamefreak will make something stronger than Arceus though. I know it, and this will be their excuse "Hey, it's only God of the Sinnoh region!" >_>

I think he means Eruption with Sceptile, but regardless, wouldn't that kill Scepy? (although I think Toxicroak and Kyogre actually makes a bit of sense, but that could probably be done in double battles)

I'm curious to see the new evolutions of the Pokemon announced. Fingers crossed that they'll be awesome.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
More like having Sceptile as a partner to Groudon so he can fire off superpowered SolarBeams every turn, along with Groudon spamming Eruption.

Charon, your name annoys me by stretching the 'Last Post' column and squashing the rest. XD

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Oh, I see. I hate it when people use those two anyhow. Quite cheap >_>

Wait, is there a way to change it? :p
Heatran says hi. :)

As for the name, not unless you get premium, which you have to pay for, and even then it's only two name changes a month. If you were talking about the skins, I dunno', maybe it changes when you use Smash Blue or something.

Oh yeah, just found out that Araragi means 'yew' in Japanese aside from butterfly, guys. Or did somebody already mention that...

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I want to see more joke Pokemon like Regigas and Slaking. They make me happy inside.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
This Gen needs a good competitive bug pokemon.

Bug/Dragon would be a really cool concept if they could pull it off
Scizor says hi

Slaking ain't no joke. He'd be broken if he wouldn't laze around like a ****er on some turns and if he had more speed as well. Wait nevermind, he does have the speed to be good, but truant is a ****er

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
.I want more pokemon like that. Insanely high stats, but a crippling ability. Regigias and Slaking make me laugh so hard because if their abilities weren't in place, they'd be so Uber.

This is what I mean.

M.K

Level 55
^^That's what I do with my Bellossom/Victreebel and Slaking combination.
I love Gastro Acid. Highly underappreciated move.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Ninjask and forretress are competitive bugs.

And maybe a dragonflyish for dragon/bug? To bad they already have yanma and yanmega as dragonflies, but then again that new spiderish guy while there's already spinarak and ariados gives that theory a bit of hope. I just really want a sableye evo so that we can have a good competitive dark/ghost. Spiritomb is okay but he is the dumbest looking pokemon ive ever seen

Wrath`

Smash Master
Bahhh forgot about Scizor and Fortress. Hearocross isn't used much in OU from what I have heard.

Rephrase: We need a good competitive SPECIAL attacking Bug.

I would love the fossil Pokemon of this gen to be fish, a prehistoric shark or aquatic dinosaur like Icthiodon or something would be nice

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535
Bahhh forgot about Scizor and Fortress. Hearocross isn't used much in OU from what I have heard.

Rephrase: We need a good competitive SPECIAL attacking Bug.
Yanmega says hi!

How about a dolphin? We never had a dolphin Pokemon, we've had a whale and shark Pokemon.

OOOHHH!! An electric/bug centipede! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535
You mean lightning bug?

Wait that's what Volbeat and Illumise are supposed to be right?
They're fireflies, even though they can learn Thunderbolt, they're pure Bug-type. We never had a centipede, so with the right illustrating concepts, Electric/Bug centipede could be possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom