• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This.

Also, Smugleaf's evo looks faaab.
No, NOT this.

If they are going to make a snake...Why give it arms and legs.

Besides, the cannon on Blastoise is because he's a SHELLFISH pokemon, not a turtle. It was representative of actually shellfish able to project themselves through water with a propelling blast of water.

That's not why I posted though.

I am actually very disappointed in the designs of the pokemon I've been seeing. I don't think the creator of pokemon is even trying anymore.

These HAVE to be the worst designs for starters yet. IF I actually get this one, I'll decide my starter based on which one I hate the least for once (Probably the grass snake since it has more potential than a PIG or OTTER (We already had our quota of semi-aquatic mammals in pokemon 4) The Electric Zebra is just pathetic and the Dark Alligator thing looks like a poorly done fan fic pokemon.

UberMario

Smash Master
At least they're still turtles. Snakes are supposed to be lizards with no appendages, yet here we get one who's quite clearly a biped... :bee:
That is NOT true. There are true legless lizards. The biggest difference is in the tail-break mechanism and the head shape when comparing them to snakes:

And believe it or not, Anacondas and pythons have legs, though they are commonly called Spurs.

Also see this
Interestingly, they look near EXACTLY like Smugleaf's feet.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Fire + Pig reminds me of Hawaiian food.

They should add some pineapple and tiki designs to it's evolved form

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
@UberMario

Perhaps, but you can't expect a real life snake to stand up on them, which is what Tsutarja is doing. And can you offer an explanation for the hands?

EDIT: @roach

HamLIT. :p

UberMario

Smash Master
@UberMario

Perhaps, but you can't expect a real life snake to stand up on them, which is what Tsutarja is doing. And can you offer an explanation for the hands?
It's a FREAKIN GAME, do you really need a logical explanation? You're catching animals in balls that can change size on contact and can turn creatures into lasers, and after beating up a pokemon they become a friend after you seal them in a spherical trap. LOL!

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
It's a FREAKIN GAME, do you really need a logical explanation? You're catching animals in balls that can change size on contact and can turn creatures into lasers, and after beating up a pokemon they become a friend after you seal them in a spherical trap. LOL!
THEN WHY THE **** WAS THIS WHOLE ARGUMENT STARTED IN THE FIRST PLACE GRAARAARAAGH :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad088:

:laugh:

Anyway, we all agree that Tsutarja is quite clearly not a snake. :)

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
If they call Tsutaja the "grass snake" pokemon, he's a snake. Period.

Pokemon doesn't need to make sense. It's pokemon. Wanna know the dumbest thing about pokemon? Golduck isn't part psychic. Stick that in your cereal and eat it.

UberMario

Smash Master
I just noticed Baycon's evo in the picture.... I thought it was a turtwig >_>
If you're talking about the thing between Jessie and Iris then I disagree, it's too small to be a secondary starter stage, especially when you compare it's height with Baycon and also the other secondary stages.

According to the pattern in that sketch, Baycon's evo is apparently that chunky guy. :)
I lol'd.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
The Tsutaja evolution (or what appears to be Tsutaja's evolution) is really depressing, because there's nothing "evolutinoal" about it. It just looks like a larger versomp pf Tsutaja.

UberMario

Smash Master
The Tsutaja evolution (or what appears to be Tsutaja's evolution) is really depressing, because there's nothing "evolutinoal" about it. It just looks like a larger versomp pf Tsutaja.
Actually there are several changes (more than Charmeleon and Ivysaur have anyway), the head changes shape a bit and gains a crest, the hands become leaves (possibly meaning that the final evo won't have limbs), and there are leave plates on the back, almost like a Stegosaurus has. (But not quite)

And I was thinking, could that man possibly be . . . Ash's father? The producers of the anime did say they might add him to the series, but that was mentioned in season 11, and we're up to 13 already . . . . .

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ash doesn't have a father, he was conceived via concetrated PP

It was a plot by Giovanni's master generations ago to create the ultimate pokemon trainer.

However, Giovanni wants to convert him to the dark side

XACE-K

Smash Master
As Uber says, there are changes that makes it different from Smug but I agree. It does look to similar to Smug but I kind of like it. It's certainly better than how Squirtle evolves into Wartortle.

It was a plot by Giovanni's master generations ago to create the ultimate pokemon trainer.

....wut?

Wrath`

Smash Master

But the ultimate trainer must have blue eyes and blond hair...........

Dude you posting whilst under the influence?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
As Uber says, there are changes that makes it different from Smug but I agree. It does look to similar to Smug but I kind of like it. It's certainly better than how Squirtle evolves into Wartortle.

....wut?
Maybe I was thinking about the plot of another show...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If that's the case, then I really don't get the reference at all.
STAR WARS

Anikan was conceived by medichlorians (He has no father)

Dark Sidious' master could alter and bend medichlorians to his will, including creating life from them

It is theorized that it was Darth Sideous' master who concentrated the medichlorians and helped create Anikan Skywalker for his own purposes.

Dark Sidious killed his own master, fearing he would be replaced and later found Anikan who was born of midichlorians and converted him to the dark side

Melfice z

Smash Ace
Whats everybodys thoughts on 3 on 3 battles? That sounds like too much to be "competitive"... it could be interesting but sounds like theyre trying to make too many differences :lick:

@psycho- Called it! im suprised no one caught that...

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
3v3 does seem a little ridiculous. Moves like Earthquake, and Surf will be edited to hit everyone (maybe they'll change it so it only hits the opponent again) and probably new moves with more specifics geared towards 3v3 battles will be introduced.

Good luck to Shoddy 3 or Pokemon Online 2. :p

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Now that I think about it...

3v3 IS a bit ridiculous...

But whatever makes this game more refreshing is fine by me.

Melfice z

Smash Ace
It might be all good and fun ingame sure. Lets just hope they stop there o_o

Im really hoping they have another doubles gym battle, maybe 3v3 with the 'trio' of fifth gym.
one of my fondest memories from ruby and sapphire was the twins gym with solrock and lunatone. :D

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
It might be all good and fun ingame sure. Lets just hope they stop there o_o

Im really hoping they have another doubles gym battle, maybe 3v3 with the 'trio' of fifth gym.
one of my fondest memories from ruby and sapphire was the twins gym with solrock and lunatone. :D
Lol, just watch when we get 10 on 10 battles XD

UberMario

Smash Master
10v10 would be too cheap, all anyone would do is focus 10 consecutive attacks on the same foe and chip 'em down one at a time. Which would mean the person that attacks first would have an insane advantage.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
10v10 would be too cheap, all anyone would do is focus 10 consecutive attacks on the same foe and chip 'em down one at a time. Which would mean the person that attacks first would have an insane advantage.
It'll be like half the team protecting while the other half explodes XD

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Has anyone else noticed that a lot of things we've been asking for has been appearing?

More common Pokemon AKA that new bat (hopefully), a spider Poke (kinda), more Western mythology Pokes (the Egyptian one and maybe Minotauros if it's real).

All we need now is a fossil T-Rex pseudo-legendary Rock/Dragon type and I'll be ecstatic.

Mewter

Smash Master
I remember posting saying I'd only get Platinum if they shoved in 5 new Pokemon, and lo' and behold, looks like we ended up with some extra household appliances! :laugh:
Funny coincidence.

Seriously though, I'm hoping they pull through with some kind of Fire/Ice,Ghost, or Water type because that would also be cool. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom