• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Yeah, no.

I'm thinking that koffing -like poke may be one of the annoying cave dwellers, but in it's own evolution line if it does have one.
It may be a horrible idea, but it's still fun to think about. I'm just hoping no more Zubat spammage.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
YES NO MORE ZUBAT

Although, to be honest, Zubat isn't a bad choice for a flyer in HG/SS. In DPPt, Starly just outclasses him.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
GTS events are great, all events should be like this, not travelling far distances to grt an exclusive pokemon or watching **** pokemon movies to get them.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Apparently they could from DP onward >.>
Didn't really matter to me, the level after Zubat evolved into Golbat it evolved further. :p

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
The only bat pokemon that appears doesn't have to be only Zubat you know. They could simply be planning on spamming fruitbat and Zubat/Golbat

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
That's what Geodudes are for.

Although, if they do use this as a replacement or partner for Zubat, I'd get the feeling that this Gen is a big throwback to R/B/Y. I'm not sure why though.
Ok let me rephrase that

They'll probably be planning on spamming fruitbat with Zubat/Golbat and Geodude/Graveler

Tell me how many other pokemon do you find commonly being spammed in caves besides Zubat and Geodude?

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Rattata are found in Union Cave, Tohjo Falls, and Mt. Mortar (that always bothered me for some reason, probably because that cave is huge). Machop are in Rock Tunnel and Mt. Coronet (another huge cave). These two probably just stick out to me because they common in the hugest caves.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Super Repels are better than Ultra. Much more cost efficient.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I hope the new Hog-Bat is Azure Blue with Crimson Red Eyes.

Call him FlameFungus >_>

Spire

III
BRoomer
I like that better than having Blaziken and Latias separated. I hate Latias and Latios to begin with, so this would have been a much better legendary. Of course it would have been yet another Fire/Flying (which is probably why they cut the idea), but it's just more memorable imo. Better than having a digimon and some downsized red Lugia clone.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I agree with you Spire. I love that picture, and it looks so much more "Pokemon"ish. Too bad they made a small Dragon and a Fighting/Fire Pokemon with a weaker movepool then anything else out there.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
EV/IV Bred Pokemon, plus make them think and swap pokemon when needed. On top of all that, give them good pokemon.

Red's team was fail.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
EV/IV Bred Pokemon, plus make them think and swap pokemon when needed. On top of all that, give them good pokemon.

Red's team was fail.
That's because Red "Makes friends" with his pokemon

Though you think his pokemons levels would be higher considering the game takes place 4 years after Red and Blue

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Red's team was fail.
Your team is fail

Besides Pikachu, I don't see anything else that's fail. I mean Charizard, Blastoise, and Venusaur are pure win, Lapras if ****in awesome with it's shell thing and Snorlax...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na0mYSFPoCU

I would agree on making Red's team slightly more powerful though, SLIGHTLY.

Or perhaps we can have Gold/Brendan/Diamond appear in this game and give them a team full of pokemon 1 level shy from surpassing Red (I DON'T want his title being taken away by... that thing again

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
If fifth gen is really the reincarnation of third gen we're expecting, I would love to see Brendan make an appearance. For some reason, Brendan is one of my favorite male trainers despite his odd design (and hat) -- maybe it's because of how long I've been following Pebble Version, I don't know. In any case, to see Brendan or even May make an appearance in fifth gen would make me very, very happy.

I wouldn't necessarily mind if he surpassed Red either -- if they can pull it off without making it a grindfest, and they need to make his levels higher to advance the series in one way or another, I'm all for it. As much of a nostalgist as I am, and as much as I'm a fan of Red, it wouldn't make much sense for them to deflate the levels of a trainer to keep from surpassing Red, as Red will always be remembered fondly by us, highest leveled Pokémon or not.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I'm tired of Red and everything 1st and 2nd Gen. I was severely disappointed with HG/SS because they just reminded me of how bland 2nd Gen was.

Pokémon is not helping me in the nostalgia department anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom