• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Weekly Match-Up Discussion - Forever Outdated :(

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Well, if we don;t know what to do then...

We should discuss CPU lvl 9 Peach. XD

I know it sounds crazy but she can pull off some good stuff o.o She approached me with a ground floated Nair and I couldn't do anything about it. The hitbox was too long >< And she keeps mindgaming with her Parasol ;l.

I just like CPU lvl 9 Peach ;p

@ Dark.pch; Hmm.. That's some good stuff.

gantrain05

Smash Master
whoa, so i've been away from the boards for a while, but, wow. All of our matchups are done already? is there a chart to look at or is it just the summary on the front page?

hova

Smash Champion
CPU Peach> Peach players
whoa dude

don't be grouping me in there like that. I don't want to be compared to no CPU Peach. all the others may not be better than a CPU, but I certainly am. if you are going to be making comments like that than you need to direct them to specific people because i refuse to be rated like that

CPU peaches don't even think and they don't mean nothing to me. just leave me out of it

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
whoa dude

don't be grouping me in there like that. I don't want to be compared to no CPU Peach. all the others may not be better than a CPU, but I certainly am. if you are going to be making comments like that than you need to direct them to specific people because i refuse to be rated like that

CPU peaches don't even think and they don't mean nothing to me. just leave me out of it
You are so clever.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
whoa Dude

Don't Be Grouping Me In There Like That. I Don't Want To Be Compared To No Cpu Peach. All The Others May Not Be Better Than A Cpu, But I Certainly Am. If You Are Going To Be Making Comments Like That Than You Need To Direct Them To Specific People Because I Refuse To Be Rated Like That

Cpu Peaches Don't Even Think And They Don't Mean Nothing To Me. Just Leave Me Out Of It
Lolllll!!!

gantrain05

Smash Master
another question, sorry guys/gals, but it says the matchups are done but there are ???'s on alot of characters, are we going to rediscuss them?

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
And I'll be updating the thread soon. I apologise, I've been very busy recently and managing a school/afterschool stuff/social life means that Brawl has to take a backseat. I haven't been on it in days xD

If anyone wants to have a go at writing a match up, please feel free to :) It would help me greatly and I can use it/amend it if needs be for the final version ^^

A massive favour someone could do for me would be to find the Post numbers for characters I haven't done and clear up some match up numbers missing, paticularly on characters like Ness which we never reached a conclusion for

Please feel free to discuss any match up you like here, paticularly if you've been struggling with a certain one

gantrain05

Smash Master
the only matchup i have any problems with anymore is the MK matchup, and slightly less the snake matchup, it just feels like if MK just stays really defensive and plays super gay you can't do anything to him unless he's the one to mess up.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Still not complete

I have the .psd file, I'll finish it don't worry. Also, I need to change that Squirtle color ASAP LOL.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I can't ****ing stand lucario. I lose to ALL ****ing lucarios. I hate that character with a passion. How he hell I snake, MK, Marth and these b@stards. N matter how well I read the fool, all te mind games etc, I can not beat that S.O.B

Nothing works, and I dont wanna anyone to tell me about typical Peach strats cause that crap does not work. every freaking lucario I lose to. Jesus. So worthless I am at this.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Interesting....anyone mind telling me why Peach has a "big advantage" over Olimar? I always get r@p3d by them.

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
I can't ****ing stand lucario. I lose to ALL ****ing lucarios. I hate that character with a passion. How he hell I snake, MK, Marth and these b@stards. N matter how well I read the fool, all te mind games etc, I can not beat that S.O.B

Nothing works, and I dont wanna anyone to tell me about typical Peach strats cause that crap does not work. every freaking lucario I lose to. Jesus. So worthless I am at this.
I hate fighting lucario's also XD. Peach's DMG racking potential and her rough ride landing a kill move REALLY works at a disadvantage in this matchup.

Good thing theres plenty of offline Lucarios in my region for practice or else I would REALLY be having trouble.

P.S. I honestly think the matchup is 55-45+ lucarios favor. If the cario KNOWS what hes doing (and doesnt fall for the baits.)

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
You cant test him in the air
You cant kill he prick.
he kills you early
he outranges you.

I hate this character so much. he can burn in hell.

Mewtwo>Lucario.

hova

Smash Champion
Peach/Lucario is pretty even, it pretty much comes down to knowing which of your moves beat his and not running into his attacks

Lucario has no solid approach against Peach and you can easily rack up damage once you force him off the stage and he's forced to recover

also it should be just as hard for him to land kill moves on you.

none of his aerials come out fast enough to beat your Nair and pulling back and coming in with Fair ***** his aerials as well if he's predictable or telegraphs the attacks

what attacks are you all dieing to? i can't really understand being hit by much besides a utilt or dair if you are playing smart

also, you can't float over his fsmash range and dair while he is still in his fsmash animation. the range of his fsmash covers the height of his entire body while he's still doing that slight crouch in his animation. you need to wait for that one second that he stands back up and you can than dair

this is the only really reliable way i have found to punish fsmash spam

Gea

Smash Master
You can SDI out of the dair if you are godlike.

My suggestion to Dark Pch (besides what Hova said, which is spot on) is I know you love floating low. Float higher against Lucario. For realz.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I'm completely with hova on the lucario matchup. it's near dead even. you just have to play differently. i can't over stress the value of turnips in this matchup. Upsmash out of shield can be pretty good too. also don't try too much to punish his f-smash.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer

I freaking LOVE fighting Lucario's. Never lost to one yet. They're always so shocked when I powershield their fsmash and grab them out of it- they're mentally locked into thinking of it as a magic shield :chuckle:

also don't try too much to punish his f-smash.
Whaaaa? Peach completely invalidates Lucario's fsmash. Powershield > jab or grab or dash attack, or just float over it and fair to the face dropping it as the hitbox dissipates. You just have to know the exact timing and spacing.

I do consider it 55-45 Lucario's favor though. He gets to live at really, really high percentages for a long time compared to his usual matchups- and Peach's horrid airdodge isn't long enough to go through a fully charged aura sphere, so he can completely screw with your spacing by throwing one at you, forcing you to waste your jump or float because you CANNOT airdodge through it.

Oh, like Hova said, Lucario doesn't have a solid approach on Peach. My friend/smash rival/the only person I play with in between tournaments, Xefnir, is a Lucario main, and actually his Lucario never developed a good aggressive game (he only has a camp mode) because me playing as Peach never gave him the opportunity to develop one. He camps like no other though >_< and Lucario can camp Peach bad.

I've found Peach's nair screws with him badly, she can edgeguard him well (<3 nair + turnips), and punish his fsmash better than most of the cast. I think people just don't understand how he works- a common problem with Olimars too.

hova

Smash Champion
just FYI... Lucario's force palm(overB) does have the potential to kill you depending on each of your percentages

Gea

Smash Master
If you time it, you can still spotdodge the force palm. Just don't rely on doing so. Usually if I do spotdodge it I throw out a dsmash afterwards. Works pretty well.

hova

Smash Champion
what does peach do to marth's nair? i hate that thing. ;x
lmao... shield or runaway in my experience, Edreese may have better advice

you may be able to jump back and come back in with a Fair since the hitbox is tilted towards the ground

i'd be surprised if you had many options if he is using it while being higher than you

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
lmao... shield or runaway in my experience, Edreese may have better advice

you may be able to jump back and come back in with a Fair since the hitbox is tilted towards the ground

i'd be surprised if you had many options if he is using it while being higher than you
Dash attack. When Peach dash attack, she gets loser to the floor and you can hit his legs. Thats how I usually beat that move.

Also on lucario, I don't ground float on Lucario alot. Only when the fool likes to roll alot. And I get killed by all his kill moves.

I personal don't have any patients for this b@stard. If I had to fight a noob lucario, I rather fight M2K meta. it is that serious, Screw that prick of a character I swear.

hova

Smash Champion
if spaced correctly(regarding height and distance) you can't dash attack under the Nair. you can definitely dash attack under the Fair, but the Nair has a slightly diagonal hitbox that you can't dash attack under if the Marth uses it correctly

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
if spaced correctly(regarding height and distance) you can't dash attack under the Nair. you can definitely dash attack under the Fair, but the Nair has a slightly diagonal hitbox that you can't dash attack under if the Marth uses it correctly
It's hard and it takes timing. But you can hit him. or aimed a time turnip toss to him and hit his lags. again another hard thing to do.

Top Bottom