• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Weekly Match-Up Discussion - Forever Outdated :(

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I been around explaining match ups, I don't feel like writing more eassys for today.

I'll add on 2morrow maybe, for I say the match up is 50:50

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Well, unless what you think of the match is different:

To me the Match up is even. The things Ike lacks, Peach has. And the things Peach lacks, Ike has.

For Peach we can't kill Ike that well. Its a freaking pain. Yet he can kill Peach under 100%. Also what annoys me about Ike is his pressure game. It's really good on Peach and can set her up for a kill. I find it hard to get inside a good Ike with his pressure game and the somewhat spacing he has.

I'll Tell you this. If you are a good Ike and Peach rushes you, The fight is a lil easier for you. Ike can handle that type of agression from Peach.

Also you don't wanna rush Peach nether. Your attacks lag besides his Nair. Peach can abuse you easy out of her shield. And all of her attacks auto cancel. So taking the fight easy is the best way to go.

If Peach is hitting your shield with Dairs 2 things you can do

- Aim your shield up so she cant shield stab you, and then when she lands to a Nair, grab her.

- If you block her Dairs and she lands behind you, Bair out of your shield. Thats about the quickest air move Ike has. And Has decent power. If not, then your only choice you have left is to roll away and hope to break free from her range. Cause you have nothing out of your sheild that can stop a second Dair pounding out of your shield

If you know the basic Peach tactics, use it to your advantage. Like Turnip>Fair You can somewhat edgeguard her well. Peach is just about a sitting duck in the air. And her air dodge is crap. I remember dodging an upair from Ike............and I still got hit and died. Also she is slow comming down from the skies. So time your attacks and bait the air dodges and Peach is all yours.
This is what you said on the Ike boards.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I could use this but would love to add so much more. I'm not lazy with advice, tips, etc. I get down into detail.

I learned much more than I can do to ike and got a better understand of the match up. so I have tons more to say. I still stand to this day saying it is even.

EDIT- I can't really use that. This is mostly helping and telling Ike how to deal with peach. In here it has to be the other way around, so yea I have to get into detail reguardless

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
We don't need to KO Ike though...

We can just gimp him.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
It's time to move on and...well, I'll leave the Ike write up until another time since we didn't get too much input from the other side. I realise I've been slacking a bit recently but life has been tough going for me atm so this has had to take the back seat. The boards have been very unactive recently anyway so meh

We'll go with Samus next. Not many characters to go until we finish. The next Rediscussion will be up soon as well

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
i don't fight enough Samus, but things to note are

Zair-god that was fun trying to get around
upB-OoS is too good against Dairing overdone and if your nto ready for it when you Dair.
Dtilt-beware if your grounded it has deceptive range

i should just go get the Samus'

hiROI

Smash Lord
Oh, its EASY to avoid getting spiked, that should not really be considered something in her advantage..if you get spiked as peach against samus, you are doing something very wrong
Its during doubles that spikes make me cry. A couple of friends and I were doing doubles, and I was about to Fair and my partner, Falco was about to Dair, and we poorly spaced. Samus then spiked both of us. But this was in January, and Samus isn't a threat to me at all, just ever since that day, I was scarred with that spike.:(

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
I'd ask Xyro about the matchup If I were you, I haven't fought Many peach's but I've fought a good peach and I'd say it's close to even, if not slightly in peachs' favor. Or he was just better than me :p

MeLL0W

Smash Apprentice
xD I was the Peach he fought.
But as i have come to fight Samuses of a different color I have noticed a few things.

Peach of course will get the air advantage with Samus's slow aerial movement and Dair combos are easy to set up. Nair is good to space Samus with if your to close due to her being tall enough to hit accurately. Turnips can really screw up Samus's Projectile game if you can snag one thorugh it. NEVER jump after a Samus over the edge of the stage unless you are sure you wont be spiked, Turnips are just as effective and her typical recovery m,akes a Nair easy to throw out on her. And Fair is excellent at KOing Samus due to her falling speed being slow enough to hit more then accurate enough at least more then half the time.

For samus I can say that Missles can keep Peach at bay and Charge Shots are also good at getting a Peach who is in the air to much. Toad is actually kinda useless if your projectiles are used right. Dair spiking is hard to hit with but try not to get predictable with it as we can just safely toss turnips and Nair/Bair you back out of the ledge. Zair is something you want to abuse because of its reach and easy to use with SH since most Peaches like to fight in the air anyway. And Dtilt is great at getting Peach when shes on the ground. Don't worry about Toad it's not a threat to you in many ways except as a suprise counter which most Peaches will only throw out once in awhile to mess up your combos or your getting predictable.

Id have to say this Match up would be atleast 55:45 or 60:40 in Peach's favor atleast from what i've experienced.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I think this match is fairly near even/slight advantage to Peach. My experience is against Rohins, but I haven't fought him in a while so my opinion may be dated. But from my current knowledge I'd say 55:45 Peach.

ZOMG this matchup is gay though. Samus can space to avoid your usmash and punish your fair attempts very well, which means...well, you're both gonna live to 180% because Samus can't kill at ALL, and your float lets you avoid dtilt with ease >_<

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
I think this match is fairly near even/slight advantage to Peach. My experience is against Rohins, but I haven't fought him in a while so my opinion may be dated. But from my current knowledge I'd say 55:45 Peach.

ZOMG this matchup is gay though. Samus can space to avoid your usmash and punish your fair attempts very well, which means...well, you're both gonna live to 180% because Samus can't kill at ALL, and your float lets you avoid dtilt with ease >_<
You fought with Rohins...? Geeebus man! Your legendary haha.

I'd have to agree with that though, along with Mellow's as well.

Gotta say though it's one of Samus' easier matches even though I agree it's in peach's favor.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
But from my current knowledge I'd say 55:45 Peach.
I'd say that's about right. I got ***** by villi real hard. I was playing close-combat, though. When I brawled with villi another time, he told me to use z-air a lot more. This was when villi had told me who he was. We brawled a long while back, and when he told me to use z-air more, I said, "I thought you didn't want me to camp." I said this because when villi went under a different name, he called me a camper. So I thought, "Yeah, all right."

Praxis said:
[...]because Samus can't kill at ALL, and your float lets you avoid dtilt with ease >_<
Her kill moves are not that bad. Why do people have to exaggerate so much?

Oh, and about the d-tilt, there's a method I use that usually allows me to hit with the d-tilt. I'm not going to mention anything else about that. ;)

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
Gotta say though it's one of Samus' easier matches even though I agree it's in peach's favor.
Even the easier ones are disadvantages? What pain it must be to main a low tier. >.<

edit: And Dryn, her kills move ARE that bad if the Peach doesn't know what DI is.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Even the easier ones are disadvantages? What pain it must be to main a low tier. >.<
We prefer using characters that take more time to learn than characters who don't. Besides, it's always satisfying to beat top-tiers with a low-tier. People praise us in the end.

Razmakazi said:
edit: And Dryn, her kills move ARE that bad if the Peach doesn't know what DI is.
Then a good Peach should always be getting three-stocks everytime she fights a good Samus. See? I can exaggerate, too.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I wasn't exaggerating.
You might not want to dig yourself in a deep hole, Razmakazi. Praxis exaggerated about how Samus cannot kill. I tell Praxis that he's exaggerating. You then tell me that it's true, unless the Peach player doesn't know what DI is. So, by your admission, a good Peach should always be three-stocking a good Samus, since a good Peach knows how to DI properly, and thus won't be able to lose a stock, since "Samus can't kill at ALL." However, Praxis acknowledges that both might last in the +180%, so either you're lying, or Praxis is exaggerating, and you're choosing to do the same.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
You might not want to dig yourself in a deep hole, Razmakazi. Praxis exaggerated about how Samus cannot kill. I tell Praxis that he's exaggerating. You then tell me that it's true, unless the Peach player doesn't know what DI is. So, by your admission, a good Peach should always be three-stocking a good Samus, since a good Peach knows how to DI properly, and thus won't be able to lose a stock, since "Samus can't kill at ALL." However, Praxis acknowledges that both might last in the +180%, so either you're lying, or Praxis is exaggerating, and you're choosing to do the same.
Are you in a bad mood Buddy?
I agree with dryn though. both players will last a LONG time. which is why I love fighting peachies.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
You fought with Rohins...? Geeebus man! Your legendary haha.

I'd have to agree with that though, along with Mellow's as well.

Plenty of times, Ragin' Ric Rohins is too good ^_^

Last time we played was in tournament. That set lasted forever :dizzy:

Her kill moves are not that bad. Why do people have to exaggerate so much?...Praxis exaggerated about how Samus cannot kill. I tell Praxis that he's exaggerating.
What I'm stating is that both Peach and Samus have the tools needed to outspace each other's kill moves.

Thus, both can feasibly live to very high percentages consistently against each other. It's NOT a piece of cake for Peach to live to 180%, and requires good DI and good spacing. It's not a piece of cake for Samus either.

Sure, not every stock will go to 180%. But if both players are good, they will probably each live to 180% at least once in the match -.- which is quite annoying.

It's VERY hard to gimp Samus, and Samus is unlikely to land a spike or edgehog (due to the nature of the umbrella), so gimps don't happen as often in this matchup as on others (say, Marth).

gantrain05

Smash Master
i just fail to see what kill moves samus can reliably land on peach? Fsmash? Dtilt? i find it hard to think that peach is going to be running into those. only thing i can think of is if samus can set up a charge shot, because a gimp sure isn't going to happen, i think peach will have alot easier time landing a Fair on samus than samus will landing any of her K.O. options on peach.

Villi

Smash Lord
"I thought you didn't want me to camp." I said this because when villi went under a different name, he called me a camper. So I thought, "Yeah, all right."
wtf. I already told you I wouldn't say something like that. I might have said you were campy, but it would have been merely an observation. I wouldn't tell you to stop.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
wtf. I already told you I wouldn't say something like that. I might have said you were campy, but it would have been merely an observation. I wouldn't tell you to stop.
Usually when someone says I'm a spammer or camper, I tend to try and switch it up. I guess I shouldn't care anymore.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Really though dryn? I mean, it's all samus has :( You know this. I know this. He should probably know this too lol.

Hell I'd not camp if I could still pull a win. As that's REALLY unlikely I tend to camp.
Anyways as I'm not contributing to this anymore I'm going to take my leave

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
i just fail to see what kill moves samus can reliably land on peach? Fsmash? Dtilt? i find it hard to think that peach is going to be running into those. only thing i can think of is if samus can set up a charge shot, because a gimp sure isn't going to happen, i think peach will have alot easier time landing a Fair on samus than samus will landing any of her K.O. options on peach.
What, you're telling me that Peach is saving her fair so that it's killing before, say, any of Samus's kill moves? I find that unlikely. I also find it unlikely that Peach is gonna land a lot of her own killing blows within the first few attempts. Personally, I do poorly against Peach, and there are times when she kills me early, but it's not uncommon for my lighter characters to live 140% on average, if not more, against her in a match. She has good attacks, but a lot of her earlier killing moves are also crucial for spacing.

I say they're killing around the same %. There aren't many, if any moves that Samus can reliably land on Peach for the kill, but that goes for many characters in this game, Peach being a rule to that. Peach might have a bit more to work with for kills, but Samus is still heavier.

gantrain05

Smash Master
What, you're telling me that Peach is saving her fair so that it's killing before, say, any of Samus's kill moves? I find that unlikely. I also find it unlikely that Peach is gonna land a lot of her own killing blows within the first few attempts. Personally, I do poorly against Peach, and there are times when she kills me early, but it's not uncommon for my lighter characters to live 140% on average, if not more, against her in a match. She has good attacks, but a lot of her earlier killing moves are also crucial for spacing.

I say they're killing around the same %. There aren't many, if any moves that Samus can reliably land on Peach for the kill, but that goes for many characters in this game, Peach being a rule to that. Peach might have a bit more to work with for kills, but Samus is still heavier.
except that i really don't find it too hard to actually land the Fair on samus, peach also has better options for racking up the damage to get to those kill percents. and while its not too easy for peach to gimp samus, its a hell of a lot harder for samus to be gimping peach, i really feel its a 60-40 peach advantage, she just has more to work with in this matchup than samus does.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Ok, you're landing fair.

How often is it killing, besides when it's fresh because you just died? If it is killing, when is it killing? Peach's fair is an important spacing tool from what I understand. Moves that are designed to build damage generally don't kill early as well. Yes, Peach's fair is strong, but how much does that matter if you've been using it to punish?

What about Peach's nair or bair? Samus's bair can match the killing power of those unless a Samus uses it to build damage, but I know that not every Samus does this. Peach has Fsmash to work with, but so does Samus. Peach has the sweetspotted Usmash too, but I bet Samus has killing moves that are easier to place than that. The rest I'm not too concerned with because they're not killing at nice %s for Peach, but instead it's just *something* to get the stock over with.

Yes, Peach has other methods of building up damage, but Samus doesn't have to use her killing moves up to damage. Remember, she still has zair, which doesn't stale and helps to refresh other moves from what I understand. Fair, nair and uair typically do not kill, so she can use those with impunity. Neutral B is straightforward - regardless of whether it kills or not, you're looking at a fair bit of damage or even an opening in Peach's defenses if she does take a hit. The rest of Samus's specials are there for damage racking. I don't see Samus use Usmash often, but it's not one of her main killing moves. I guess the same could be said for utilt. Ftilt is purely for damage, jab is probably for damage and setting up a dtilt, dtilt itself is self-explanatory but can be used to build damage, and Dsmash is similar but a bit weaker, thus lending it towards building damage.

Samus does have a tougher time placing kill moves more than other characters do, but I hardly think that Peach is much better at building up damage than Samus is. I don't know much about gimps, but I do know that both can edgeguard each other decently, but I'm leaning more towards Samus simply because of zair and projectiles. There's always that dair, but I'm not counting on it. Peach does fine when she's edgeguarding. I don't see why Peach gimps Samus better than Samus gimps Peach. They have similarities in their recoveries, but again, one zair removes your float while Samus doesn't lose anything if she's hit by most of Peach's projectiles. It's rare for her to not be able to make it back to the stage.

I'm not gonna debate ratios, but I don't see why Peach does this and that and the other so much better than Samus.

Guilhe

Smash Ace
Sorry for being late Peaches, the Ike matchup is 50:50. The Toad won’t kill us, it’s just a matter of DI/SDI upwards and then using QD to grab the ledge or slide into the stage. The Marth boards tried a similar argument with counter.

Top Bottom