• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Weekly Match-Up Discussion - Forever Outdated :(

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Yea, if Peach counters Ike's Up + B, he should be DI'ing upwards

I haven't fought a good Samus for a very long time (and the best one I know of was online in fairly poor lag)

Zair rips a predictably Floating Peach apart. Turnips are pretty good here. Nair will stop missiles. Air dodge and Turnip use against the Zair work reasonably well(?). Watch out for F Smash, D Smash, D Tilt and Dair(?)

Yea, I don't know a right lot about Samus

Crystanium

Smash Hero
except that i really don't find it too hard to actually land the Fair on samus, peach also has better options for racking up the damage to get to those kill percents. and while its not too easy for peach to gimp samus, its a hell of a lot harder for samus to be gimping peach, i really feel its a 60-40 peach advantage, she just has more to work with in this matchup than samus does.
The Samus' you've been playing probably played close up. If Samus spaces properly, it should be more difficult for Peach to land f-air on Samus.

I'm going with 55-45.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day said:
Zair rips a predictably Floating Peach apart. Turnips are pretty good here. Nair will stop missiles. Air dodge and Turnip use against the Zair work reasonably well(?). Watch out for F Smash, D Smash, D Tilt and Dair(?)
The ironic part is that an air-dodge to tossing the Turnip probably won't help Peach a whole lot if she's trying to get through z-air. The reason is because I see other Samus' air-dodge first and then use z-air. So, by the time the air-dodge is over, Peach will be throwing her Turnip and Samus will be using her z-air.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799

Crystanium

Smash Hero
The match up is even to me. Samus can be annoying with her Zair spacing and good missile use. Makes it really hard to get inside and get turnips. then she can pressure you some more with close combat and eat your shield to where it can break.

I'll go more into it later but here are some vids that might be able to help out.

http://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ark.Pch+samus&search_sort=video_date_uploaded
Atire lied to me. I thought he didn't do Wi-Fi anymore. Oh, and this one is my favorite: NinjaLink (Samus) vs. D1 (Peach)

gantrain05

Smash Master
i play a couple very good yet not well known samus's, i play jokers samus every week, and i think samus does have the advantage at far/mid range, its just not too hard for peach to actually get in close to samus and limit her options. As long as you don't float like an idiot and keep running into Zair you shouldn't have too many problems getting in her face.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Using QD after being sent upwards by Toad'ed Aether Ussi, not using QD instead of Aether.
Or just jump in it's trajectory. Either way, if he's facing a good Peach he's either eating a gimp or a good amount of damage.

Back to Samus, we can review KO options.

Samus has:

Utilt
Dtilt
Charge Shot
Side Smash
Dair
Bair
Down Smash

Peach has:

Usmash
Side Smash
Fair
Ftilt
Bair
Nair

Now, the number of options is irrelevant. What does matter is how easily Samus can hit Peach with a dtilt, compared to how easily Peach can hit Samus with an fair.

I think Peach will have an easier time landing KO moves on Samus - not to mention avoiding Samus's considering her float.

What I'm wondering about it is this bair; and how much range, and in general, how useful is utilt?

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
Bair is a bit harder to land for Samus compared to Peach's Bair, I believe since Peach has faster startup and a longer withstanding hitbox. It's certainly no Wolf's Bair, but it's powerful I think like Sheik's Bair.

Utilt has slow start-up on Samus I think.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
I forgot Bair on samus' Part Meno, Sorry :(

Bair is prolly the best KO move for samus in this match up

Utilt has a incredibly slow start up. you'll be able to sheild it every time without hitstun. Bombs can cause you to get Utilted though. And grabs, but mostly platforms. Stay away from Battlefeild for sure.

Her Bair is hard to land but well worth the wait. it ***** hard and has decent priority I think. Haven't tested that part of it though.

_clinton

Smash Master
Samus' Dsmash is faster than her Dtilt...and it is only a little bit weaker overall in KO power...

All of Samus' air moves auto cancel as well...so just saying...

Guilhe

Smash Ace
Or just jump in it's trajectory. Either way, if he's facing a good Peach he's either eating a gimp or a good amount of damage.
How? We'll be too high for you to jump in our way. If Marth, whose counter cooldown is shorter and Up-B travels faster than Peach'es, can't do it in time, why do you think Peach will? And for "Good amount of damage" you mean the spores? Anyway, Using QD that close to the ledge, we would still be capable of hiting you and sweetspoting the ledge.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Pretty even match 50-50, or even slightly to Peach at 55-45. The only stage Samus can zair effectively is FD, on all the other stages you can just use the platforms to get around it. I like to use the platforms to get really high, then based on where she moves, I plan my approach (with turnip in hand) seems to mess her up a lot when you constantly approach from above.

Also if you master turnip free pulls it would make the z-air a non factor. Even if you can't do it without the b stick, set up b stick and do turnip free pulls. This is probably the one matchup i'd consider switching to b stick to. You physically have time to shield a zair, run away while pulling a turnip, then shield the next one and throw a turnip and repeat this process over again. The turnip free pull's ability to run away while pulling a turnip at the same time gives you a free turnip pull everytime you dodge or shield a z-air.

I gaurantee you that any Samus that says this is even or in her advantage has never faced a turnip free-pulling Peach.

Crystanium

Smash Hero

Back to Samus, we can review KO options.

Samus has:

Utilt
Dtilt
Charge Shot
Side Smash
Dair
Bair
Down Smash

Peach has:

Usmash
Side Smash
Fair
Ftilt
Bair
Nair

Now, the number of options is irrelevant. What does matter is how easily Samus can hit Peach with a dtilt, compared to how easily Peach can hit Samus with an fair.

I think Peach will have an easier time landing KO moves on Samus - not to mention avoiding Samus's considering her float.

What I'm wondering about it is this bair; and how much range, and in general, how useful is utilt?
The thing is, Samus doesn't have to get near Peach to land a KO. Take the example in video between NinjaLink and D1. Peach gets KO'ed twice by a Charge Shot. Also, landing an f-smash and angling it upward is fun. It gives extra damage and knock-back. As for b-air, that's usually set up, and I'd say it's easier to land in Brawl than it is in Melee.

Canvasofgrey said:
Utilt has slow start-up on Samus I think.
It also has IASA frames.

Hive

Smash Lord
Pretty even match 50-50....
I gaurantee you that any Samus that says this is even or in her advantage has never faced a turnip free-pulling Peach.
lol wait! so you can say its even but we can't??! ^^ discrimination! :p

edit: i really do love this matchup ^^ i wish i got to play it more, though. Peach is just too kwl :)
edreese, if i'm ever in socal please play me kk! you beat xyro and tudor so i need revenge lol. ^^

ps- btw meno, the bloopers on your sig are too kwl! <3 squids are like my fave animal lol

Tudor

Smash Journeyman
Edreese never beat me... but he's still cool! I actually would love to play him sometime. I do agree with a 50-50 matchup however.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I've beaten Rohins in tourney, Edrees beat Xyro right? I think the precedent is for Peaches winning, though I dunno if anyone's fought Tudor xD

I feel it's 55-45 Peach, and I've yet to see anyone really propose a good argument against that. Oh, 50-50 on FD. IMHO

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
I've beaten Rohins in tourney, Edrees beat Xyro right? I think the precedent is for Peaches winning, though I dunno if anyone's fought Tudor xD

I feel it's 55-45 Peach, and I've yet to see anyone really propose a good argument against that. Oh, 50-50 on FD. IMHO
60-40 was my original. I'd say through all this mess that everything does point to it being 60-40.
But that's becaus eI dont' really believe in the 55-45 thing. It should start at 60-40 IMO

Tudor

Smash Journeyman
I still say 50-50... but the only good peach I've played is Peapo... so my judgment might be wrong.

Hive

Smash Lord
Idk i've always thought that this matchup was at least 50-50 samus, but that's maybe just my exp?

edit: praxis, we need to finish that game we started at bio2 lol :)

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Yeah I never played Tudor, hehe that was random hehe. I did beat xyro in all our matches IIRC except on Port Town Aero Drive..lol.

Anyway yes I messed up, I meant anyone who thinks its in Samus's advantage. It's okay to see it as even =P

Hive

Smash Lord
port town aero lol.... yea that's basically xryos level ^^
Hey ,that was at wcsl, right? ^^

yaaay said:
What do you mean with 50-50 Samus? o.o
I messed up. its even :p lol have no idea why i put in samus ^^. (suspense maybe?)
I really do need more exp with this matchup and to hear more though to say for certain.. :p
(i've played sky' and susannayou though.... )

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
The match up is even as I said before. Damm, I'm gonna have to write a book report on this match up later tonight.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Peach and Samus is a very very often matchup at my friends house as peach is my secondary and samus is my friend's secondary.

IMO it's a even matchup. Peach has more buildup and ko options then samus does. But samus can outcamp and outspam peach. Zair kills a predictable floating pattern and her missiles make it kinda hard to get back on the stage. However for peach she can land her dair combos fairly easy and turnips are very effective in this matchup. It is hard to gimp samus but not impossible and it's impossible for samus to gimp peach.

I'll get some vids up by tonight

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
After a hectic day and the viewing of an SWF gone mad...oh and also a day of Pokémon posting, I realised I should have changed this yesterday :/

I realise I need to update quite a lot of the match ups but I simply haven't had the time recently. It'll be Easter soon so I'll get them done then

Please feel free to keep discussing Samus but for now, let's change to Mario

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
The cape throws our float up till we fly. :bee:

What about Parasol though? It's not nice doing it backwards...

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
If you're coming from below with the parasol, he'll probably cape you and hold onto the ledge, the hitbox may hurt him but you aren't gonna grab the ledge because it will be out of reach.

Err...if he fludds you offstage at stage floor level you just Bomber + Parasol, you'll be able to come back with it but will probably get punished. Unless you have your float.

Dunno, nothing works, just the first thing I mentioned.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Honestly I think it is in Mario's favor...simply cause the few Peach players I've played IRL, I've beaten pretty solidly in this matchup. I find it significantly easier for Mario to score the KO in general.

But I dunno. Someone here could very well prove me wrong at Genesis if they want to. =/

Top Bottom