• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Weekly Match-Up Discussion - Forever Outdated :(

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I agree that falcos lasers aren't a big deal. Sk92 barely lasers and it actually makes it real tough to fight him cuz he uses all of falcos better moves like neutral air (I hate that one)

Does anybody want control of this thread? I've neglected it way too much. Or maybe I'll finish it off, and when its time to revisit the matchups, we'll have someone else make the thread. Just been real busy guys, sorry.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I'm up for controlling this topic. I'll bring up the next match up to talk about every sunday. And right it up on the front page on saturday nites

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I think it be best to get ness out of the way since we are done with lucas. And earthbound would be done.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I'm up for controlling this topic. I'll bring up the next match up to talk about every sunday.
>__> No offense Dark, but maybe someone else should do the write ups?

OH! How about Rick? He'd be good.

That's like saying that since you're done with the falco matchup, the next logical step is marth.
xD I will have to agree. How was next on the tier list? Luigi?

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I think Rick would do a good job.

Dark is a great peach representative no doubt, but still this needs someone more 'neutral' controlling the thread to avoid unnecessary biases (and stubborness)

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
>__> No offense Dark, but maybe someone else should do the write ups?

OH! How about Rick? He'd be good.

xD I will have to agree. How was next on the tier list? Luigi?
I think Rick would do a good job.

Dark is a great peach representative no doubt, but still this needs someone more 'neutral' controlling the thread to avoid unnecessary biases (and stubborness)
I also vote Rick or Menos.
This is what we call gang banged. I'll take over the thread. Change the match up every sunday. Thats all I'll be doing. everything else is the usual with talking about the match up. Rick can do w/e. Less work for me anyway so I am not complaining.

gantrain05

Smash Master
I think it be best to get ness out of the way since we are done with lucas. And earthbound would be done.
omg, i hate ness, i play a really **** good ness from MN, and its always a close matchup but i just can't ever seem to pull out the win, i just hate his **** Fair and how safe it is, i can't seem to get a glide toss approach off cuz he's always in the air, and since he's always in the air its hard to predict what height i can float at, so i have to resort to SH Dair approaches or just play defense the entire match.

Cia

das kwl
LOL.. you guys are going to hate me again. But with Ness.. it's pretty much the same thing only ness range. I hit him, and he dies. 6:4 peach's favor. maybe 65:35

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
basically the same?

I'm talking about Ness, eh! You know...the spike...etc...
It's probably because I tend to Bomber to the ledge alot when recovering, but still...going a bit down for the umbrella can also get you Nair'd, I dunno.

Oh **** I meant DAIR.

And yeah, it's funny how Ness' Nair is basically a crap version of Peach's.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I say we go on about Ness then? Get the ness players in here.

Also gantrain, Pay for my ticket to your state, and I'll play in a tournament over there.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Weren't we doing Falco just the other page? :confused:

Anyways, Ness is the hard one. It's a neutral match - Peach's favor slightly if you wanna give someone the advantage.

gantrain05

Smash Master
I say we go on about Ness then? Get the ness players in here.

Also gantrain, Pay for my ticket to your state, and I'll play in a tournament over there.
lol i'd gladly pay the ticket, unless its very expensive >.> can't do much on mcdonalds wages ya'know

Levitas

the moon
Ness gets the earlier KO on his bthrow because Peach is light in a couple of ways.

Peach gets a single step setup for an edgeguard because Ness needs to deal with turnips in such a set way when he's recovering.

Levitas

the moon
Ness's OOS doesn't quite cut it. He's better off intercepting the dair with a yoyo if he sees it coming, and retreating if it's too late.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
Peach's dair eats through the yo-yo though.... is there a way ness can use it to avoid that happening?

In my experience this is something of an even matchup; a "jumpy" ness that abuses his great aerial movement and fair is a real pain heh. I'll let more experienced people get into the nitty-gritty of it though :p.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
...so did we manage to get anywhere on the Lucas match up? :/ Or are we doing Ness (or Falco) now?
That reminds me. Does everyone know what zap jumping is?
If not, watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h26ZRc1eCeA&feature=related
I honestly have no idea whether Lucas mains use this a lot but...I would imagine they do so be aware of this when fighting one

Would anyone seriously object to me saying that Peach's F Tilt works very against Lucas' aerials due to his lack of range? That's certainly been the case when I've fought Lucas (omly a few times though lol). Also, about PK Fire...can't you just approaching Lucas with a Turnip in hand, powershield the PK Fire and glide toss the Turnip at Lucas to punish the ending lag?

Regarding the control of this thread, I'd be more than willing to take up the job but at the end of the day, I just want the thread to run smoothly. It's ultimately Edreese's desicion and I'm not going to feel superior/sad and become emo/dance around the streets/get pregnant/whatever if I do/don't get the responsibilty of controlling this match up thread

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
*Randomly pops in*
When I play Lucas I safe my 2nd jump for when I'm low, then I Zap Jump back up. I got the timing down perfect >=)
*Poofs away*

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
...so did we manage to get anywhere on the Lucas match up? :/ Or are we doing Ness (or Falco) now?
I think we finished at "it's 60-40 just cuz."

Regarding the control of this thread, I'd be more than willing to take up the job but at the end of the day, I just want the thread to run smoothly. It's ultimately Edreese's desicion.
I agree. What do you think Edreeses?

Besides, it'll give Rick a chance to write something people actually read for once. ^^

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
That reminds me. Does everyone know what zap jumping is?
If not, watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h26ZRc1eCeA&feature=related
I honestly have no idea whether Lucas mains use this a lot but...I would imagine they do so be aware of this when fighting one

Would anyone seriously object to me saying that Peach's F Tilt works very against Lucas' aerials due to his lack of range? That's certainly been the case when I've fought Lucas (omly a few times though lol). Also, about PK Fire...can't you just approaching Lucas with a Turnip in hand, powershield the PK Fire and glide toss the Turnip at Lucas to punish the ending lag?

Regarding the control of this thread, I'd be more than willing to take up the job but at the end of the day, I just want the thread to run smoothly. It's ultimately Edreese's desicion and I'm not going to feel superior/sad and become emo/dance around the streets/get pregnant/whatever if I do/don't get the responsibilty of controlling this match up thread
Hehe, you discredit yourself too much Ricky, you're doign a good job.

I think Zap Jumping is used as a push back as well as to play mind games on opponents, though my knowledge on Zap Jumping is limited.

chandy

Smash Journeyman
If we could do Link sumtime soon I'd be happy to give some advice...

Xyless

Smash Master
Why did this topic draw away from Lucas so soon? I have tons of experience (at least online) with Lucas, as a friend of mine mains Lucas.

His Zap Jump is very useful, and when combined with the Magnet Pull, Lucas' recovery improves exponentially. From my experience, Lucas' most useful move as far as racking up damage is the dtilt, nair, and fairs. His best (most efficient) kill moves are the bair (spike), dsmash, and fsmash. Obviously, the usmash is his "best" killing move, but its long cooldown time makes it not as used as it used to be.

An important thing to note with the upsmash. Toad is completely worthless against it. Even when he detonates and spores, you'll still get hit by the smash. This makes saving yourself slightly less easy against it.

Pretty much, avoid the bairs when you're off the side, because if timed correctly, it's an amazing spike. It seems to work especially against Peach, due to her lack of good vertical recovery. He doesn't hit me with them much online, but from watching him offline, he's far better.

...obviously, most important tidbit of information: DO NOT GET HIT BY THE UP SMASH

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Ness now. I guess Lucas is settled at 60-40 peach?

I use Peach AND Ness in tournaments. Nobody else does that, so just throwing that out there. I've faced Ness with Peach and Peach with Ness a ton. I've placed with Peach, and I've placed with Ness.

With that being said, this matchup is 55-45 in Peach's favor. Maybe 60-40, but probably more likely 55-45. Ness's range on his aerial can give Peach serious problems, Forward airs, properly spaced, really make her switch her game up. Ness CAN spike her through the umbrella with proper spacing. He can also punish her up b with a pk thunder kill if she whiffs it. Ness's back throw kills her relatively early. Ness can be a trouble.

But Peach's moves will damage him a lot more overall, and she can edgeguard him REALLY well. Float, latch on the ledge as soon as his PK thunders. Just like Lucas if he hits the ledge, he's been edgehogged, if he goes over, it's a free hit. Dash grab release grab chain grabs work most of the time, I -guess- you can EIDI, but its hard and I don't see anybody doing it consistently in videos, tournament or anything. It helps peach recharge her moves and she can use it to chain grab him off walk offs. Peach can kill ness relatively early something she can't do on many characters so it helps a ton. Turnips also really can bug Ness because his projectiles (PK fire, thunder) have cooldown lag where hers do not, she he can't really spam them against her. Still the range and priority on his aerials can REALLY give her some trouble even when both characteres space properly. Except down air - peach's up air and up tilt both beat it, so that becomes not as useful except offstage as a spike. Still Peach's advantage for sure but just somewhat, probably 55-45.

Note: Ness can bat the toad and she cannot reflect it and the spores will hit her instead. Useless but funny and cool!

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
I've had Ness's usmash beat peach's dair head on consistently. idk what you're talking about.
If the hitbox of Peach's dair contacts the hitbox of Ness's yo-yo Peach's dair will cancel it out. Similar to how it eats through pikmin. If you don't believe me I'd encourage you to test it :p.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Hm Ness.

- His Fair beats ours in terms of range I think, if he spaces it nicely it might become hard to approach. Nair is a great aerial in this match up I think.

- If he Pk Fires you SDI out of it.

- YOU MUST NOT GET GRABBED AT HIGH PERCENTS!!!!!

- Watch out for his spike, second most powerful in the game

- When he's recovering, he's yours

- His Uair, and Bair are deceptively powerful

I'll think of more later.

Top Bottom